Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
With the falling numbers and the way this new variant seems to be spreading hes made the right call closing hospitality when he did. I thought he was wrong at the time.

Hes right to tighten up on supermarkets as well.

Needs to sort the vaccination roll out though.

I dont agree with his tier system.
But you could look at it another way. If he had jumped on the supermarkets first and left hospitality alone the numbers may have gone down faster, after all far more people use supermarkets than use pubs and restaurants. Its one of those things about which you will never know the real answer unless like a vaccine test, you impose the sanction on half the population and not the other half and then sit back and see which groups has the most excess deaths. Its clearly impossible in practice but I'm sure you get my point.
But when he closed the pubs he said there was clear evdience and consitently refused to release it which makes one wary when he now says it about supermarkets. As they are now the only places people can go it is fairly obvious that they may show up as the main source and he says people are telling him. What people? his advisory group of average citizens? His family? His office staff yes persons? Again he has declined to produce any proof which makes people believe it less.

And none of it will make those who are already ignoring the rules start accepting them. It's nonsense.