Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
Im sure our friend from Brynmawr who quoted 113 bits of legislation took just as much trouble looking up the numbers as you are obviously doing. I spent 5 mins on google. Deeside.com shows Wales Gov saying over 50 before mid- July. I then quickly found another 34 since that time on Wales Gov website and Ive not got as far as the latest lockdown legislation. So overall the number of 113 looks solid.

I still maintain this a knee jerk reaction, and if it were otherwise Im sure he'd not be fudging what might happen to us after 9 November. He can't be waiting see the result of the lockdown as he said it will not show a result for some weeks
Tens of thousands of people unnecessarily died because the government locked down too slowly earlier in the year. I can't really blame him for wanting to act more decisively this time around. I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

One thing's for sure, there will be a lot of people comparing the number of cases between England and Wales in a fortnight's time and saying it means that their preferred political party made the better decision.