+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Right now my sister, her son, my brother in law, his wife, my sister in law & her daughter all have Covid, they live in 4 different parts of the UK and all 6 have been double jabbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Right now my sister, her son, my brother in law, his wife, my sister in law & her daughter all have Covid, they live in 4 different parts of the UK and all 6 have been double jabbed!
    Hope they're all okay Des, but that kind of goes to the heart of what that article is all about - the number of new cases in the UK is regularly around 40,000 a day and, more often than not, one hundred and fifty people a day are still dying of Covid. That article shows that the UK is one of the world's worst countries as far as current Covid rates are concerned and yet the attitude in England especially appears to be carry on as if things were back to normal - they clearly aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hope they're all okay Des, but that kind of goes to the heart of what that article is all about - the number of new cases in the UK is regularly around 40,000 a day and, more often than not, one hundred and fifty people a day are still dying of Covid. That article shows that the UK is one of the world's worst countries as far as current Covid rates are concerned and yet the attitude in England especially appears to be carry on as if things were back to normal - they clearly aren't.
    As I just wrote in another thread, it’s just not comprehensible from the outside. Here in Poland things have been back to normal since late July early August. Cases have risen in recent weeks but typically the UK is 20x - 30x worse. I’ve hosted a major customer event in the last fortnight, with visitors from all over Europe & Asia and everyone was very wary of contact with the Brits, to the point where we had to put extra testing & assurances in place. I’m not saying Poland has it right but why is the UK so much worse than any other comparable country?

As I just wrote in another thread, it’s just not comprehensible from the outside. Here in Poland things have been back to normal since late July early August. Cases have risen in recent weeks but typically the UK is 20x - 30x worse. I’ve hosted a major customer event in the last fortnight, with visitors from all over Europe & Asia and everyone was very wary of contact with the Brits, to the point where we had to put extra testing & assurances in place. I’m not saying Poland has it right but why is the UK so much worse than any other comparable country?
    Good question, my instinct is to say that the UK Government in particular have washed their hands of the whole thing and left people to get on with it with the inevitable consequences, but I've just had a look at the Welsh figures for the first time in a while and they're bad as well (new cases over 3,000 and 15 deaths in the past day) - it's certainly not what I was expecting once the large majority of people had been double jabbed.

we have been back to normal ( most restrictions removed ) in the UK since about the same time ( freedom ??? day was the 19th July )

We do test a lot ( normally around the 1 mill per day mark ), so maybe thats why our numbers are higher than other countries, if you don't test then you have low figures ( last time I saw the testing figures for Poland ( which was fairly recent ) it was around 25 - 35K a day ) at the end of the summer I believe Russia had the highest number of confirmed cases, guess what, they were also the highest testers ( even higher than the UK which is going some )

Dont test and you have very little cases , in the past 2 weeks 5 children have had Covid in my daughters class, not one had symptoms and were picked up with testing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we have been back to normal ( most restrictions removed ) in the UK since about the same time ( freedom ??? day was the 19th July )

We do test a lot ( normally around the 1 mill per day mark ), so maybe thats why our numbers are higher than other countries, if you don't test then you have low figures ( last time I saw the testing figures for Poland ( which was fairly recent ) it was around 25 - 35K a day ) at the end of the summer I believe Russia had the highest number of confirmed cases, guess what, they were also the highest testers ( even higher than the UK which is going some )

Dont test and you have very little cases , in the past 2 weeks 5 children have had Covid in my daughters class, not one had symptoms and were picked up with testing
    And yet our deaths figures are higher than most other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet our deaths figures are higher than most other countries.
    countries appear to count Covid deaths in different ways though, so even with deaths you can't really compare like for like

it is all rather pointless comparing situations in other countries unless the playing field is level