+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Crazy stuff, does anyone really care about Christmas?? Most people aren’t religious so it’s not that angle. I guess they are happy to wipe out some of their relatives, which is even more nuts.
    Yes lots of non religious people care about christmas. I guess the politicians probably figured tht many people are going to have a christmas anyway, so they may as well relax the rules a little and try to stop people from going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes lots of non religious people care about christmas. I guess the politicians probably figured tht many people are going to have a christmas anyway, so they may as well relax the rules a little and try to stop people from going too far.
    Perhaps they should've done an advisory information campaign?

Something like an advert of a Christmas family get together, with the grand kids all over Nan and Bampa, the mama and dads drinking sherry, singing and dancing to 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'.

They could then cut straight to mid January where Nan and Bampa are wheeled in together Llwydcoed crematorium. The last song played before they draw the curtains being ironically 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'.

The whole thing would end with the words "Well that was worth it!" whilst Boris, Sturgeon and Drakeford give a sympathetic smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Perhaps they should've done an advisory information campaign?

Something like an advert of a Christmas family get together, with the grand kids all over Nan and Bampa, the mama and dads drinking sherry, singing and dancing to 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'.

They could then cut straight to mid January where Nan and Bampa are wheeled in together Llwydcoed crematorium. The last song played before they draw the curtains being ironically 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'.

The whole thing would end with the words "Well that was worth it!" whilst Boris, Sturgeon and Drakeford give a sympathetic smile.
    This made me smile then the reality kicks in.You could be on to a winner here could be the most watched advert.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's how I saw it too, relaxing the rules means people will be less likely to just do whatever they want.

What does everyone on here plan to do? I'll be seeing my parents after a couple of weeks of not doing anything risky who are only in their 50s so not overly at risk. But won't be seeing any extended family at all this year.