+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 290 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither does the government. Nobody really does. However, if lots of countries believe one approach is right and follow each other, why do we think a different approach is better?
    I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.
    Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.

Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.
    The other side of it though is you do it the way the other countries have done it, a short sharp shock to minimise infections, and then it comes back in the winter and very few people have got immunity so this all happens again.

I've got a very layman's understanding of it all but I can see the logic behind the thinking. What the actual right thing to do and real term consequences of each option are though I have no idea

Surely it’s Mrs Half a Bee?

It seems like the UK's plan for dealing with it is different to the rest of the world, which is what's made the people in charge of sport in this country uneasy. Throw in public opinion and footballers/managers getting diagnosed with it and you can see why the decisions were made.

I just hope our Chief Medical Officer's made the right call

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The other side of it though is you do it the way the other countries have done it, a short sharp shock to minimise infections, and then it comes back in the winter and very few people have got immunity so this all happens again.

I've got a very layman's understanding of it all but I can see the logic behind the thinking. What the actual right thing to do and real term consequences of each option are though I have no idea
    It's easier to have a general overview if you're not at risk. I know several who are at risk and they are scared because of the government's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.
    The current government plan is that roughly 60-70% of the population will get it (and in fact need to get it) and that we just need to manage the peak successfully to avoid utter disaster within the NHS. I would guess that the football authorities weren't happy at their game being used as the conduit facilitating this slow steady spread of the virus, especially as it is likely to kill (all being well) 300,000 people. When the WHO are publicly saying they don't understand our approach, people should be questioning it.

It's easier to have a general overview if you're not at risk. I know several who are at risk and they are scared because of the government's strategy.
    So they should be. The government have no plan for them, they need to look after themselves and start severely limiting contact right away.

so with all this going on has anyone changed there behaviour ?

at home we're trying to live in each room now and in work now we're all spaced out 2 metres apart and if the push come to the shove I have the ability to work from home now using a VPN .

So now the Government is going to ban mass gatherings having done a complete upturn from 24 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So now the Government is going to ban mass gatherings having done a complete upturn from 24 hours ago.
    It's not a U-Turn, it was part of their plan as announced last week.

"The government's action plan - published last week - did raise the possibility of reducing the number of large-scale gatherings.

However, the most recent tactics announced on Thursday advised people to self-isolate for seven days if they have a cough or fever.

The UK's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance previously said that shutting down mass events would not have a "big effect" on transmission rates, but he did not rule out such a move going forward.

Whitehall sources said the government's approach has not changed but there are concerns about the burden that large events might put on health services and the police.

It is thought a ban could start to take effect as early as next weekend, although exact timescales are not clear."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51882897

I think there has been some very irresponsible reporting going on regarding this situation and it's not helpful.

They wanted to do the herd immunity thing Pearcey3 , it was something straight out of the Nazis eugenics playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You've got some neck rattling on about smugness and being a nut. Gaze into a mirror. You're the fella who claimed recently that Islam is a race. Your reasoning was beyond retarded.
    Islam is a race though same as Jewish people are a race. Is there anything you won’t be wrong about?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Islam is a race though same as Jewish people are a race. Is there anything you won’t be wrong about?
    What about Catholics, Christians, Mormons and Atheists, are they a race too?

A couple of questions;

1. Would you have gone to the Leeds game if it was going ahead? For myself, I was edging towards deciding not to in the hours before the decision to call it off was made, but hadn't decided for sure - although the forum I use says atrial fibrillation is not a condition which makes you more susceptible to Covid 19, some of its complications can be and, at 64, I cannot really put myself in the position that some are doing in this thread of saying for sure that they will get over it.
    2. This one is only for the naysayers on here who have been telling most of us we're being duped and it's all just a ploy - will you self isolate if you develop a fever or a persistent cough?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Would you have gone to the Leeds game if it was going ahead?
    I've been offered tickets for almost every home game this season and every single one since the start of November. Indeed, I've been offered as many as three or four tickets for some matches. However, before the game was postponed, nobody had offered me a ticket for Leeds, which suggests that everybody I know who has a season ticket was intending to go. I'd have certainly gone if I'd had a ticket.

On the flip side, a friend in work has been looking for two tickets for the Wales v Scotland rugby game for several weeks as a relative from the USA is visiting and wanted to go. Try as she might, she couldn't get tickets until a couple of days ago, when plenty suddenly became available. Luckily for her, she held off buying any due to the rapidly escalating nature of the situation.

I was planning to attend the Leeds game but was going to switch from Public Transport to Driving as there is probably more risk getting to and from the game than being sat or standing outside for a few hours.

Regarding the second, I can work from home so self isolating isn't a problem. Any meetings can be held by video conference. I know this isn't a solution for everyone but at least it means those who can't self isolate will come into contact with less people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A couple of questions;

1. Would you have gone to the Leeds game if it was going ahead? For myself, I was edging towards deciding not to in the hours before the decision to call it off was made, but hadn't decided for sure - although the forum I use says atrial fibrillation is not a condition which makes you more susceptible to Covid 19, some of its complications can be and, at 64, I cannot really put myself in the position that some are doing in this thread of saying for sure that they will get over it.
    2. This one is only for the naysayers on here who have been telling most of us we're being duped and it's all just a ploy - will you self isolate if you develop a fever or a persistent cough?
    1) No. I'm freelance, haven't worked for a while and have just spent a lot of our savings on a car () and if we get stood down at work I won't get sick pay and I don't know when my next paycheck would come so my feeling was even if going gives me a 1% chance of getting it it would be sensible not to go. It's only a football match.

2) Not a naysayer but not self isolating in those circumstances would be incredibly arrogant and selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You've got some neck rattling on about smugness and being a nut. Gaze into a mirror. You're the fella who claimed recently that Islam is a race. Your reasoning was beyond retarded.
    I don’t know what’s funnier remembering a post something from that long ago or being so rattled you have to bring it up

Find me the post please, not that I disagree with it, I just can’t find it and I just want to know how long I’ve been living in your head rent free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What about Catholics, Christians, Mormons and Atheists, are they a race too?
    In fairness this is a good point, shows everything isn’t black and white

Still stand by my point though and I think you could make the argument for other religions.

Could you move your bullshit race argument to another thread or perhaps another planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Could you move your bullshit race argument to another thread or perhaps another planet?
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hear, hear!
    Are things getting back to normal in most of China now? No new cases of it so I imagine people will be going back to work, if they stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are things getting back to normal in most of China now? No new cases of it so I imagine people will be going back to work, if they stopped?
    I saw it reported that there were only eight new cases recorded in China yesterday (other sources have said there were eleven) - have you seen something to say there were none today? Also, I notice that Apple have announced that they are closing all of their shops outside China - that could well be because the ones in China were closed already, but if it doesn't, then that's a sign of an improving picture there.