+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Never mind that, that was a different day. The thing now that you body swerved before is what about my Marmite?
    Marmite is the one thing I have stockpiled. With brewing on hold it was obvious a Marmite crisis was on the way. I checked my various hiding places this morning and counted five unopened 500g jars. Should see me through for a few more weeks. Sorry - can't share!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Marmite is the one thing I have stockpiled. With brewing on hold it was obvious a Marmite crisis was on the way. I checked my various hiding places this morning and counted five unopened 500g jars. Should see me through for a few more weeks. Sorry - can't share!
    You only told me that so I feel even worse didn't ya??? Rotter!!

Thought these stats were quite interesting if they are correct.....

BE603D1F-0FED-4653-AD5E-FE2904C9BE41.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought these stats were quite interesting if they are correct.....

BE603D1F-0FED-4653-AD5E-FE2904C9BE41.jpg
    Bit blurry for some reason...

Heisenberg

Bit blurry for some reason...
    I know a cracking castle that will sort that out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I know a cracking castle that will sort that out for you.
    Nice little drive...I should throw my two young kids in the back and see if I’m good to go yeah?

Heisenberg

Nice little drive...I should throw my two young kids in the back and see if I’m good to go yeah?
    Nah, strap 'em to the roof and chuck some elderly (preferably disabled) relatives in the back for good measure. You'll have 20-20 vision in no time.*

*(Disclaimer: this message does not reflect my true belief on the effectiveness of "Driving-to-Durham" eye tests and I have no optometry background - all views are purely satirical and readers should not attempt the above suggestion)

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The 5 mile radius cannot be policed anyway. My workplace is opening up to 25% capacity and not many live within 5 miles. But, if he has said that, then it defies all logic.
    Agreed. He's not dealing with this element of lockdown well at all, in my opinion.

Just to clarify, are you talking about customers not being able to visit your place of work? (Sorry for being dense )

Banned

Agreed. He's not dealing with this element of lockdown well at all, in my opinion.

Just to clarify, are you talking about customers not being able to visit your place of work? (Sorry for being dense )
    No, sorry, people in the office. We have a few sections, my own section has 9 people and we have 2 seats under the new guidelines. To be honest, my workplace have been very good, and have been ahead of the Governments all through this.

I have been cut to 25 hours a week, am actually working 40 to get everything done, so I am hoping to go back to the office to demonstrate that I am working 40 hours and should be paid for it. If not, then I can happily walk out after my 5 hours a day and not be accused of watching Netflix and getting nothing done.

Heisenberg

No, sorry, people in the office. We have a few sections, my own section has 9 people and we have 2 seats under the new guidelines. To be honest, my workplace have been very good, and have been ahead of the Governments all through this.

I have been cut to 25 hours a week, am actually working 40 to get everything done, so I am hoping to go back to the office to demonstrate that I am working 40 hours and should be paid for it. If not, then I can happily walk out after my 5 hours a day and not be accused of watching Netflix and getting nothing done.
    Ahh right, wasn't really sure

It's my (probably incorrect) understanding that the '5 mile' rule doesn't apply for commuting to work, so that shouldn't be an issue for your colleagues being able to attend.

Double bluff the bastards and watch Netflix on your phone when you go back

Banned

Ahh right, wasn't really sure

It's my (probably incorrect) understanding that the '5 mile' rule doesn't apply for commuting to work, so that shouldn't be an issue for your colleagues being able to attend.

Double bluff the bastards and watch Netflix on your phone when you go back
    On their network

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't like Marmite.

How about Peanut Butter?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't like Marmite.

How about Peanut Butter?
    What's peanut butter got to do with Pubs FFS???

Can't find it. do you have a link?
    But Mark is fine with all this , the science keeps talking to him

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But Mark is fine with all this , the science keeps talking to him
    Not sure it’s science that keeps talking to him, maybe he’s just hearing voices? Icke stylee

What's peanut butter got to do with Pubs FFS???
    They sell peanuts in pubs.

That is a close enough link for this board.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    They sell peanuts in pubs.

That is a close enough link for this board.
    No no no!! It's all about the Marmite!!!!!

No no no!! It's all about the Marmite!!!!!
    I used to thing twiglets tasted like shit until I popped them between my sphincter and realised they didn't.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I used to thing twiglets tasted like shit until I popped them between my sphincter and realised they didn't.
    you were probably eating the wrong end!!

Brazil pretty certain to take second spot off the UK today when it comes to number of virus deaths, but it won't change a thing as far as having three "strong man leaders"/strutting buffoons at the top of that particular league of shame is concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brazil pretty certain to take second spot off the UK today when it comes to number of virus deaths, but it won't change a thing as far as having three "strong man leaders"/strutting buffoons at the top of that particular league of shame is concerned.
    Deaths per million has the UK pretty much top of the league table. Boris is proud of his record.

Deaths per million has the UK pretty much top of the league table. Boris is proud of his record.
    Pretty much the same as Italy, Spain, who had lockdowns far more severe than UK. Belgium much higher than UK. Also different ways of measuring. Doubt the PM is proud of what's happened.

Apart from that a pretty accurate and informative post.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Pretty much the same as Italy, Spain, who had lockdowns far more severe than UK. Belgium much higher than UK. Also different ways of measuring. Doubt the PM is proud of what's happened.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/...&values=deaths
    Second only to Belgium in the whole world in terms of deaths per million population. We are very close to Spain, but there's daylight between us and Italy.

Belgium count ALL nursing home deaths, whether coronavirus has been confirmed or not, which nobody else does, looking at the numbers of excess deaths, it is pretty likely that we are higher than Belgium and the worst affected in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/...&values=deaths
    Second only to Belgium in the whole world in terms of deaths per million population. We are very close to Spain, but there's daylight between us and Italy.

Belgium count ALL nursing home deaths, whether coronavirus has been confirmed or not, which nobody else does, looking at the numbers of excess deaths, it is pretty likely that we are higher than Belgium and the worst affected in the world.
    I doubt Spain & Italy have accurate data knowing their public services, but it doesn't make pretty reading I'd admit. If you consider deaths occur mainly in overweight, chronically ill folk, maybe our awful health as a nation contributes. I still doubt BJ is proud of this though..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

He's proud of his Government's record, you are here leaping to his defence. UK stand top of the league in deaths per million, you may think it's because our figures are more accurate, I happen to think it has plenty to do with sick old people being sent into care homes on the advice of our "Proud" (their word, not mine) Government.