+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw it reported that there were only eight new cases recorded in China yesterday (other sources have said there were eleven) - have you seen something to say there were none today? Also, I notice that Apple have announced that they are closing all of their shops outside China - that could well be because the ones in China were closed already, but if it doesn't, then that's a sign of an improving picture there.
    THis is great from China

https://twitter.com/redfishstream/st...415064576?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw it reported that there were only eight new cases recorded in China yesterday (other sources have said there were eleven) - have you seen something to say there were none today? Also, I notice that Apple have announced that they are closing all of their shops outside China - that could well be because the ones in China were closed already, but if it doesn't, then that's a sign of an improving picture there.
    I’m sure I heard or read it somewhere, so much info coming out it’s confusing to know where it came from. I’m sure rock-flock can update us, as he’s living there! Disneyland is open there I believe......

I have just started to hear about people I know who have tested positive - including our new MP and her partner. As I'm due to be house sitting my 88 year old mam and 84 year old auntie all next week we are avoiding a few gatherings this weekend and pretty much staying away from other people. That was a change of outlook that came very very quickly. This time yesterday I was planning to spend this evening at someone's 60th birthday in a city centre pub.

I have driven back from Leistershire this morning, motorways are a bit quiet, plenty of traffic, but volume not what i usually encounter on the M6/M42/M5, maybe a good time for the highways to sort roadworks planned for the coming months ahead. quiet going up on Thursday but expected as I didn't leave until 19.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have driven back from Leistershire this morning, motorways are a bit quiet, plenty of traffic, but volume not what i usually encounter on the M6/M42/M5, maybe a good time for the highways to sort roadworks planned for the coming months ahead. quiet going up on Thursday but expected as I didn't leave until 19.00.

I was in Leicestershire for a family funeral, family members unsure how to greet each other!! fist taps, elbow nudges or hugs

Was Penarth Wetherspooning by 9am this morning. Lots of glum looking faces on view. Yet to see anyone not on the telly wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Was Penarth Wetherspooning by 9am this morning. Lots of glum looking faces on view. Yet to see anyone not on the telly wearing a mask.
    I was in the city centre yesterday lunchtime. Lots of people wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was in the city centre yesterday lunchtime. Lots of people wearing masks.
    To be fair Dave they’d need ‘em crisis or no crisis.

It’s always glum in there around that time as the “drinkers” have only just got started.

Was Penarth Wetherspooning by 9am this morning. .
    This explains a hell of a lot

I know someone who was in Dublin yesterday and in a pub , no real sign of the alleged lock down ,quiet yes , but folk about , if the UK actually try's to lock down how is that actually deployed for 60 million and does that just delay the virus hitting us later and spreading as we start re appear ,what a dilemma ?

On a personal note go no one form the immediate family or friends with this virus ( yes ), phew colds about .

Very elderly lady across the road is self isolating to keep folk away , all I can do for her is tap the door leave and drop something outside the door , messaged another elderly neighbor asking if she wants anything , that is all I can do ,feel bloody useless .

Bit tricky to manage a day in Wetherspoons whilst wearing mask to be fair.

Coronavirus: Spain set to declare national lockdown

- The Spanish government is poised to declare a 15-day national lockdown on Monday to battle coronavirus.

Under the decree being finalised, people would be allowed out only for emergencies, to buy food, or for work.

More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51888936

France also declared a national lockdown within the past 30 minutes that's as draconian as Italy's with all cinemas, bars and restaurants to close immediately.

Should have twerked one another.

More on France lockdown: https://time.com/5803206/france-spai...n-coronavirus/

France ordered the closing of just about everything the rest of the world loves about it — the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the cafes, restaurants and cinema — and Spain drew up plans Saturday to lock down its 46 million citizens as governments took increasingly desperate measures to put more space between people and contain the coronavirus.

More on France lockdown: https://time.com/5803206/france-spai...n-coronavirus/

France ordered the closing of just about everything the rest of the world loves about it — the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the cafes, restaurants and cinema — and Spain drew up plans Saturday to lock down its 46 million citizens as governments took increasingly desperate measures to put more space between people and contain the coronavirus.
    Pity they didn't lock down the airports or implement medical checks, as people are travelling freely from all of these places.

Some people say the virus came from the Wuhan wet market..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yliNVq8Z9k

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

That's been commonly assumed for a while hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That's been commonly assumed for a while hasn't it?
    There is also a theory that it didn't originate in the wet market.

There is also a theory that it didn't originate in the wet market.
    Thank you for the video regardless. It looks like the sort of thing used for a "save the x" animal charity advert. I know it's different cultures etc. but there doesn't seem to be much concern for the animals or how much might be wasted at all.

did you fall asleep in january and just wake up?

Exclusive: Uefa consider staging Euro 2020

Uefa will consider moving Euro 2020 to December in a bid to allow the Premier League and other club competitions to catch up this summer following the unprecedented sporting chaos caused by coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    Exclusive: Uefa consider staging Euro 2020

Uefa will consider moving Euro 2020 to December in a bid to allow the Premier League and other club competitions to catch up this summer following the unprecedented sporting chaos caused by coronavirus.
    I would be buggered on two counts: flights for Azerbaijan paid for in order to see the two games there in June and flights to Argentina paid for in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I would be buggered on two counts: flights for Azerbaijan paid for in order to see the two games there in June and flights to Argentina paid for in December.
    Well that would be an utter pile of shit for you then. I still think that next year is more likely though, preferable really