+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Scene from Bournemouth beach yesterday! Madness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think there are a few on here who are better equipped to answer your questions. For what it's worth, I'm quite optimistic now as far as the Uk goes because the slow decline in new cases and deaths is continuing despite more testing and the easing of the lockdown. However, the situation requires a fine balancing act because all of the signs are that countries like the USA and Brazil are suffering because they have, more or less, been trying to act as if things are getting better when they clearly aren't.

South Korea, who have been held up as a shining example of how to deal with the virus are now admitting they are in a second wave, but are hoping they can limit it to localised outbreaks and I think that is the best we can hope for, but we have to learn quickly from what we've got wrong up to now and hope that we have got the required infrastructure in place in the autumn.
    Fine answer TOBW, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Another meat packing place.....
    Yes, I think it's odd, a meat place in Beijing also and a slaughter house in Germany is there something else going on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Yes, I think it's odd, a meat place in Beijing also and a slaughter house in Germany is there something else going on here ?
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...virus-18463940

International

apparently its is maily because oit so cold and the virus likes cold and because the word dictates that people work close together.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    My mistake... I thought Rutman was sacked, but I believe he is having a go at the government because he says he was forced to resign.

Sedwill it seems has lost the support of the civil service after going native.

The message I was trying to get across was that there is not a lot of love lost between the civil service and the current Westminster government
    That's what the Dom has been tasked with , there's a belief that it's an expensive over bloated organisation , for decades its been recognised as needing reform ,this is good read on the matter :

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-service-no-10

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's what the Dom has been tasked with , there's a belief that it's an expensive over bloated organisation , for decades its been recognised as needing reform ,this is good read on the matter :

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-service-no-10
    The main problem is that when the Civil service does need reform the organisation that reforms it is the Civil service

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The main problem is that when the Civil service does need reform the organisation that reforms it is the Civil service
    I have no idea about the civil service, and what reforms are necessary. Cummings will have a better idea than me, but it's more likely down to his own personal beliefs than any exact science. Every time there is a new Government, they always point at the Civil Service and say it "needs reform". Then, it gets reform. Then a new Government is formed, and it needs more reforming. In the meantime, people who don't have a clue about the civil service will say "civil service needs reform" just because they read it somewhere. And, every time it gets reformed, nobody even notices. We pay the same taxes. Things remain as efficient or as inefficient as ever (depending on whether the person at No 10 is the person you like or not).

Some good news for Wales - taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage;-

"The Office for National Statistics has just published its latest weekly death figures for England and Wales. They cover the period up to the week ending Friday 12 June (week 24, as the ONS calls it).

The figures show that the number of coronavirus deaths continues to decline. And in Wales, in week 24, there were no excess deaths. In fact, the death rate that week was below the five-year average.

But in England every region apart from the north-east recorded excess deaths (ie, more deaths than you would expect) in week 24. That includes London, where the death rate was below average in week 23."

The USA has its first increase in daily deaths in 17 days - taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage;-

"Global report: seven US states report record Covid-19 hospitalisations
    Seven US states have reported their highest coronavirus patient admissions in the pandemic so far, as cases surge in the US following the easing of restrictions.

Arizona, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas –which also confirmed a record daily case increase on Tuesday – each admitted record numbers of infected people to hospital, the Washington Post reported.

More than 800 deaths were reported across the country on Tuesday, it said, saying ti was the first increase in fatalities since 7 June.

California saw record infections, too, with more than 5,000 in a single day for the first time, as Arizona, Nevada and Missouri also reported record case increases.

In Florida, Homestead hospital warned that its intensive care unit was at capacity, NBC reported. Florida confirmed 3,200 new cases on Tuesday, which marked the sixth day of more than 25,000 cases:"

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The USA has its first increase in daily deaths in 17 days - taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage;-

"Global report: seven US states report record Covid-19 hospitalisations
    Seven US states have reported their highest coronavirus patient admissions in the pandemic so far, as cases surge in the US following the easing of restrictions.

Arizona, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas –which also confirmed a record daily case increase on Tuesday – each admitted record numbers of infected people to hospital, the Washington Post reported.

More than 800 deaths were reported across the country on Tuesday, it said, saying ti was the first increase in fatalities since 7 June.

California saw record infections, too, with more than 5,000 in a single day for the first time, as Arizona, Nevada and Missouri also reported record case increases.

In Florida, Homestead hospital warned that its intensive care unit was at capacity, NBC reported. Florida confirmed 3,200 new cases on Tuesday, which marked the sixth day of more than 25,000 cases:"
    The states that you've listed there makes it seem like the whole "Covid hates the warm weather" theory isn't very accurate. There must be fecking searing temperatures in Texas and Arizona (for example).

That's me, under the green umbrella!! The one at the back near the wall.
    How did you manage to get a flight from Azerbaijan then?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    How did you manage to get a flight from Azerbaijan then?
    I went via Adelaide but stayed in the transit lounge.

What do you expect when the bufoons policy is trust the people.

roughly what percentage of people where you live work etc are wearing masks?

International

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    roughly what percentage of people where you live work etc are wearing masks?

so 5 in every hundred you see! is that in Wales ? it would seem more are wearing in London.

International

so 5 in every hundred you see! is that in Wales ? it would seem more are wearing in London.
    England and Wales. I have been from Gloucester to Taunton and places in between in the last week as well as Cardiff and very very few people are wearing them.
    The really sad thing is that most of those I have met wearing them have been middle aged ladies who seem to think that wearing a mask protect them from me.
    with regard to London, it is a far more cosmopolitan community and there are certain nationalities like Chinese Korean and the like that are far more likely to wear a mask. Indeed a lot of them always wear one even before the virus struck. Perhaps that adds to the percentage wearing them in the metropolis.

England and Wales. I have been from Gloucester to Taunton and places in between in the last week as well as Cardiff and very very few people are wearing them.
    The really sad thing is that most of those I have met wearing them have been middle aged ladies who seem to think that wearing a mask protect them from me.
    with regard to London, it is a far more cosmopolitan community and there are certain nationalities like Chinese Korean and the like that are far more likely to wear a mask. Indeed a lot of them always wear one even before the virus struck. Perhaps that adds to the percentage wearing them in the metropolis.
    ok thanks for the info. i guess the british media just wants to send out an image that you are all wearing masks.

International

ok thanks for the info. i guess the british media just wants to send out an image that you are all wearing masks.
    No people aren't all wearing masks. I think in England it is compulsory on public transport so any photo of that will show a high percentage but otherwise I don't think so.
    I took my wife to the Dentist today and he was wearing a mask, then he took it off in his surgery to explain the treatment to me.

No people aren't all wearing masks. I think in England it is compulsory on public transport so any photo of that will show a high percentage but otherwise I don't think so.
    I took my wife to the Dentist today and he was wearing a mask, then he took it off in his surgery to explain the treatment to me.
    ok that would explain it

Can't make it compulsary for people with, for example asthma.

Seen plenty of idiots wearing the mask... just not bothering to cover the nose.

Oi, I'm the Taunton correspondent on here! Stay off my patch!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Oi, I'm the Taunton correspondent on here! Stay off my patch!
    Well I did try to contact you to get a visa but in the end I was told it wasn't necessary as I was on government business and anyway as you were unavailable they assumed you were off somewhere adding another country to your list.

I do apologise, and just to let you know, I'm off to there again in a couple of hours. Is that OK?

An Interesting and encouraging study - worth a read.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/declin...ls-in-england/