+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Yes.....spellcheck??

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    By holding back information about specifics of the virus and its origins

There has been an increasing amount of press suggesting that the virus was manipulated in the biological laboratory in Wuhan, to make it easier to to replicate in a host..ie a chimena. Whether that's true and whether it was released intentionally or by accident who knows. Lets for the moment assume it came from the lab and not a wet market.

One thing that is increasingly evident is that two countries in particular, USA & UK, both with very advanced healthcare technology and with very similar lifestyles and diet, have suffered the worst death rates in the world. Generally, the further east you go the better the outcomes, through countries with a Mediterranean lifestyle, and lowest death rates in those with an Asian lifestyle.

If the virus was manipulated intracellularly there must have been an objective, and maybe that objective was to make it particularly virulent to those with a Western lifestyle and diet, particularly USA citizens for political reasons.

Im not sure whether such specific targeting is scientifically possible but it makes for an interesting hypothesis.
    It’s definitely going to get messy in the next year. If it is proven to come from a Chinese lab then the future won’t look good for China. Them holding back on its origins, if true, isn’t a good look.
    One thing I’m totally clueless about is SARS and mers, didn’t even register them at the time, similar corona virus I believe but how come they didn’t become a pandemic? Was it SARS that was spreading as far away as in Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s definitely going to get messy in the next year. If it is proven to come from a Chinese lab then the future won’t look good for China.
    One thing I’m totally clueless about is SARS and mers, didn’t even register them at the time, similar corona virus I believe but how come they didn’t become a pandemic? Was it SARS that was spreading as far away as in Toronto?
    One big difference is that SARS had major symptoms that started quickly. The vast majority get very ill so fast that it wouldn't spread. Whereas you can have Covid-19 without knowing it, so can go about your daily life and unknowingly infect others (hence the super spreaders).

At the moment, the question was the virus man made boils down to agenda driven alt right speculation v qualified people who know what they're talking about - I wonder who I should trust?

https://www.newscientist.com/term/coronavirus-come-lab/

https://www.asianscientist.com/2020/...-not-man-made/

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...1.2020.1733440

By holding back information about specifics of the virus and its origins

There has been an increasing amount of press suggesting that the virus was manipulated in the biological laboratory in Wuhan, to make it easier to to replicate in a host..ie a chimena. Whether that's true and whether it was released intentionally or by accident who knows. Lets for the moment assume it came from the lab and not a wet market.

One thing that is increasingly evident is that two countries in particular, USA & UK, both with very advanced healthcare technology and with very similar lifestyles and diet, have suffered the worst death rates in the world. Generally, the further east you go the better the outcomes, through countries with a Mediterranean lifestyle, and lowest death rates in those with an Asian lifestyle.

If the virus was manipulated intracellularly there must have been an objective, and maybe that objective was to make it particularly virulent to those with a Western lifestyle and diet, particularly USA citizens for political reasons.

Im not sure whether such specific targeting is scientifically possible but it makes for an interesting hypothesis.
    And people call the lefties hysterical and paranoid

All cleared up then China have declared war on the West by releasing viral warfare via Wuhan. All cleared up, let’s all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    At the moment, the question was the virus man made boils down to agenda driven alt right speculation v qualified people who know what they're talking about - I wonder who I should trust?

Comment in today’s Telegraph that of all the wet markets in the world the virus happened to start from one that had a biological laboratory on its doorstep

Comment in today’s Telegraph that of all the wet markets in the world the virus happened to start from one that had a biological laboratory on its doorstep
    This story has been going round since about January. You're at least four months behind Organ Morgan!

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/23/212264...onavirus-china

"Since there’s no robust evidence in support of the lab-leak theory, Daszak says he’s worried that it could become a conspiratorial distraction with serious consequences.

“There is a group of people who do not want to believe that this is a natural, unfortunate incident,” he said. “And the real bad part of that is that if we don’t believe that we won’t try and stop other viruses in wildlife. Instead, we will focus on labs and close them down when they’re the ones trying to develop vaccines to cure us right now. I mean, how ironic could we go?”"

A bit like all the top secret labs in the World yet the novichok poisoning was not far from Porton Down, Britain's top secret biological and chemical warfare site.

“You’ve got an enormous disparity. I don’t believe the reason is any other than the actions taken by the government very early on,” says King. Ministers’ focus on other issues meant they failed to act in February and March, he says.

This view is shared by infectious disease and public health experts. “We have been playing catch-up from the start,” says Helen Ward at Imperial College London. She cites slowness on testing, tracing and isolating people, and on social distancing. A national lockdown wasn’t imposed until 23 March, about two months after the country’s first confirmed case.
    I think most sane people have been saying this since late March.

The word zeitgeist - no doubt you're aware of the meaning - springs to mind.

Cui bono?

I'd also add agenda driven far left Antifa supporting anti-Trump liberals to your list just for completeness

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The word zeitgeist - no doubt you're aware of the meaning - springs to mind.
    Hence why I said at the moment.

You stick with your "feelings" and I'll stick to what mine, backed up by expert knowledge (which I don't see on the other side of the argument), are telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cui bono?

I'd also add agenda driven far left Antifa supporting anti-Trump liberals to your list just for completeness
    What list?

What list?
    The agenda driven alt right speculators and the qualified people.

Hence why I said at the moment.

You stick with your "feelings" and I'll stick to what mine, backed up by expert knowledge (which I don't see on the other side of the argument), are telling me.
    We built 5 hospitals for 5000 + which only handled a couple of hundred which expert knowledge said we would need. They talk about a second wave but there's no scientific evidence there will be one, etc, etc. But you're right to a degree, it is to a degree, political. S.A.G.E. is a collection of left-leaning figures who have at every opportunity tried to hold back the Country returning to normal, save lives of Cancer patients etc, peoples' well-being, the jobs of the working class, - actions of those who believe 100% in the State, and the other side the pragmatists and realists who are at heart libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The agenda driven alt right speculators and the qualified people.
    Er, I think I put them as two lists of one

We built 5 hospitals for 5000 + which only handled a couple of hundred which expert knowledge said we would need. They talk about a second wave but there's no scientific evidence there will be one, etc, etc. But you're right to a degree, it is to a degree, political. S.A.G.E. is a collection of left-leaning figures who have at every opportunity tried to hold back the Country returning to normal, save lives of Cancer patients etc, peoples' well-being, the jobs of the working class, - actions of those who believe 100% in the State, and the other side the pragmatists and realists who are at heart libertarians.

Didn't you get a lot of replies about the scientific basis for a second wave in response to your last post that there's no scientific basis for a second wave?

Although I count getting those 5 hospitals built as a rare Government success story in their response to the virus, I do wonder about the contradiction which, on the one hand, has the Chief Scientific adviser saying that 20,000 deaths would be a good outcome and on the other having twice as many (according to official figures that, by almost universal agreement, represent perhaps are as little as 66% of the real figure) die and yet the existing intensive care capacity was able to cope when the numbers being admitted to hospital, and dying, were at their highest.

I'm not sure there is much evidence to back up your contention that SAGE is "a collection of left leaning figures" - I note there is an alternative SAGE committee which strikes me as fitting that description though.

In any case, the three links I posted were from a British magazine, an Asian magazine and an American university - as far as I'm aware, they were all written by people with no connection to SAGE.

Although I count getting those 5 hospitals built as a rare Government success story in their response to the virus, I do wonder about the contradiction which, on the one hand, has the Chief Scientific adviser saying that 20,000 deaths would be a good outcome and on the other having twice as many (according to official figures that, by almost universal agreement, represent perhaps are as little as 66% of the real figure) die and yet the existing intensive care capacity was able to cope when the numbers being admitted to hospital, and dying, was at its highest.

I'm not sure there is much evidence to back up your contention that SAGE is "a collection of left leaning figures" - I note there is an alternative SAGE committee which strikes me as fitting that description though.

In any case, the three links I posted were from a British magazine, an Asian magazine and an American university - as far as I'm aware, they were all written by people with no connection to SAGE.
    Fair enough, we'll disagree. Anyway I'm sceptical - of most things, and unlike today's society I don't worship at the altar of the scientists. Until the Age of Enlightenment if the Church said something you would accept it without question. In an increasingly secular world we've found a new source to bow down to and accept their 'wisdom' without question or debate. If the prevailing scientists say something, it must be right - because they're the experts..

People love a drama, and the past two weeks the media, politicians, etc. have been acting like the big drama queens they are. Next they'll be painting red crosses on our doors and have bin men come road calling for the dead - then again they'll probably leave them in the gutter for being put in the wrong colour coffin..
    It's mad how people made their mind up at the start of March and won't change it inspite of all the evidence.

Heisenberg

Fair enough, we'll disagree. Anyway I'm sceptical - of most things, and unlike today's society I don't worship at the altar of the scientists. Until the Age of Enlightenment if the Church said something you would accept it without question. In an increasingly secular world we've found a new source to bow down to and accept their 'wisdom' without question or debate. If the prevailing scientists say something, it must be right - because they're the experts..
    If you don't believe politicians, you don't believe the church and you don't believe scientists/experts - who is left? The media? I can't see it.

Er, I think I put them as two lists of one
    There are lots of fingers in the pie

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you don't believe politicians, you don't believe the church and you don't believe scientists/experts - who is left? The media? I can't see it.
    The truth is in there somewhere if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    His gut?