+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I asked him where he got it from and he told me. I accepted it. I didn't continue to question it are trawl the web trying to find something that contradicts it like some on here might.
    Yes but you won't tell us where you've got this nonsense from.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes but you won't tell us where you've got this nonsense from.
    It is from my own observations and general knowledge, my experiences from living here. And i trust my won experiences and instincts a lt more than some of the shite touted on her believe me. Now that's enough. i'm not going to change my opinion and nothing you say will alter it so there is no point in prolonging this.

So you’ve seen with your own observations people with undue influence who don’t want pubs to ever open again?

Heisenberg

I asked him where he got it from and he told me. I accepted it. I didn't continue to question it are trawl the web trying to find something that contradicts it like some on here might.
    He had to answer to you twice as you didn't accept his first answer

Look, I'm not having a go - but if these are the standards that you are setting for your discussions, at least have the decency to stick to them yourself.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He had to answer to you twice as you didn't accept his first answer

Look, I'm not having a go - but if these are the standards that you are setting for your discussions, at least have the decency to stick to them yourself.
    I often ask people their sources because it may be a topic that interests me, but I don't question every thing that every person says. i never intentionally apply double standards, I do'tn'trawl the web to try to prove somebody wrong just because I disagree with them as some clearly do and, as I said, I never state anything as 'fact' unless it is something that I have done.
    i say things on here as one might say them to one's mate in the pub (I use the term 'one' as I have been pulled up today for using the word 'you' by someone who chose not to understand that i was speaking generally) Its is not a court of law it just a chat sitr, I'm sick of saying that. In fact I'm sick of this stupid argument. If you do not believe that there are people who have an undue influence that's fine. So for example Cummins doesn't have an undue influence on Boris. I'm glad we sorted something out.

I often ask people their sources because it may be a topic that interests me, but I don't question every thing that every person says. i never intentionally apply double standards, I do'tn'trawl the web to try to prove somebody wrong just because I disagree with them as some clearly do and, as I said, I never state anything as 'fact' unless it is something that I have done.
    i say things on here as one might say them to one's mate in the pub (I use the term 'one' as I have been pulled up today for using the word 'you' by someone who chose not to understand that i was speaking generally) Its is not a court of law it just a chat sitr, I'm sick of saying that. In fact I'm sick of this stupid argument. If you do not believe that there are people who have an undue influence that's fine. So for example Cummins doesn't have an undue influence on Boris. I'm glad we sorted something out.
    Why do you people always change things to suit your reply and to suit your agenda.

No one has said there are not people with undue influence (like Cummings). They have just queried your wild claim that the South Wales chapters of Soda and the Temperance Society have undue influence with policymakers who control pub licensing and opening hours.

It is just highlighting the difference between fact and fiction - or reality and made up nonsense.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why do you people always change things to suit your reply and to suit your agenda.

No one has said there are not people with undue influence (like Cummings). They have just queried your wild claim that the South Wales chapters of Soda and the Temperance Society have undue influence with policymakers who control pub licensing and opening hours.

It is just highlighting the difference between fact and fiction - or reality and made up nonsense.
    I have no idea what SODA is not being a political animal as you are, and I never mentioned the temperance society, but some of these people would probably be members of it if it still existed. I did not say they have undue influence with the people who control pub licencing and opening hours either. you ar changing things to suit your agenda.
    I said there are certain kinds of people who dislike pubs and drinking and they would be happier the longer that pubs are closed and if it means a lot will never reopen then they will be happy. They have no thought for the people who's livelihoods rely on them. And these people do have the ear of the government and do exert a level of influence that the average man in the street never could. That is my belief, if it isn't your well that for you. I don't really care.
    Why do people persist with this? i'm not going to change my belie and you're not going to change yours. Live with it, I can!

Heisenberg

International

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you’ve seen with your own observations people with undue influence who don’t want pubs to ever open again?

He was asked about this weeks ago, and couldn't back it up with anything other than anecdotal evidence.

He dropped it, but seems like he has put it back up for debate. I can only assume that is because he has some much stronger evidence this time.

Banned

I'm not "accusing" anyone. It's not a crime or something but they do have a disproportionate influence on people who make decisions.
    I spoke about some of these in a previous thread. I'm not going to repeat myself. Take it as my opinion, then you can either agree or not but it isn't going to change any time soon.
    You said "but they do have a disproportionate influence on people who make decisions." - that may be your opinion, but you say it as if it is factual. Who are these people with influence, where are they? W hy has it taken them centuries to get pubs to close down at a national level. What changed to cause them to finally get all the pubs closed in the country, and to keep them closed?

I have no idea what SODA is not being a political animal as you are, and I never mentioned the temperance society, but some of these people would probably be members of it if it still existed. I did not say they have undue influence with the people who control pub licencing and opening hours either. you ar changing things to suit your agenda.
    I said there are certain kinds of people who dislike pubs and drinking and they would be happier the longer that pubs are closed and if it means a lot will never reopen then they will be happy. They have no thought for the people who's livelihoods rely on them. And these people do have the ear of the government and do exert a level of influence that the average man in the street never could. That is my belief, if it isn't your well that for you. I don't really care.
    Why do people persist with this? i'm not going to change my belie and you're not going to change yours. Live with it, I can!
    ".. the Welsh Government have said they MAY allow some resumption of the tourism before the END of summer..". The difference between UK/England and BJ and Drakeford is BJ has one eye limiting the catastrophic damage to jobs, economy etc., whereas Drakeford isn't bothered - just showing how different he can be. Of course he's "one of us ", so exempt from criticism here in Wales,

Banned

Link me to what you said about these people then, because you're chatting shit, xsnaggle

He has spoken about them in a previous thread - maybe even this one. He didn't say who these people were then, he won't say who they are now, and he will probably never say it.

I think he grew up in a religious, chapel going setting. I'm not knocking that for a minute. However, not many people grow up in those settings these days (I am assuming xsnaggle is in his 70s), and I would be amazed if the chapel goers had any influence at any level (national, local, or even street) at any stage of the last 100 years. That is, of course, assuming he is talking about some sort of temperance society.

I know the Temperance Societies had some success in valleys towns, making areas of towns pub free at a time when there was literally a pub on every street corner. Especially in hard working areas like Ebbw Vale, Tredegar, Merthyr and so on - but a lot of that success stems from the 19th Century.

I wonder if he is talking about these groups, or someone else?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ".. the Welsh Government have said they MAY allow some resumption of the tourism before the END of summer..". The difference between UK/England and BJ and Drakeford is BJ has one eye limiting the catastrophic damage to jobs, economy etc., whereas Drakeford isn't bothered - just showing how different he can be. Of course he's "one of us ", so exempt from criticism here in Wales,
    Do you really think Drakeford is basing all his decisions on a "let's be different from England" approach? Welsh schools are reopening to pupils across all school years from June 29th, and the school term has been extended by one week. I suspect that is based on the scientific evidence rather than a "let's beat England" mindset. Similarly, I suspect Drakeford is also basing the tourism roadmap on the scientific evidence being presented to him.

International

But his minister said the 5 mile rule. would still apply and that people would only be allowed in places where they have their own bathroom and kitchen because there would be not restaurants or what have you available. But even if someone in Cardiff wants to go to England to (for example go to the beach) he/she will break the 5 mile rule before getting anywhere near England and someone coming from England the other way will have a similar problem. Are they going to allow an Englishman to drive to a cottage in Pembroke for his holiday but tell me I can't drive 8 miles to Barry island? It's nonsense.

Banned

But his minister said the 5 mile rule. would still apply and that people would only be allowed in places where they have their own bathroom and kitchen because there would be not restaurants or what have you available. But even if someone in Cardiff wants to go to England to (for example go to the beach) he/she will break the 5 mile rule before getting anywhere near England and someone coming from England the other way will have a similar problem. Are they going to allow an Englishman to drive to a cottage in Pembroke for his holiday but tell me I can't drive 8 miles to Barry island? It's nonsense.

What the **** are you on about? I agree your description does make it sound "nonsense", but your description is very wrong.

A person from England would (should) not be allowed into Wales full stop.

A person from England could, if they wanted to, drive from Hereford to Devon as long as they don't stay overnight. But, they couldn't go from Hereford to Penarth because the rules are different in Wales.

Theres a group of people who have disproportionate influence with the Welsh Government who have always wanted a restriction of 5 miles movement from your home.

No links. Sorry.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres a group of people who have disproportionate influence with the Welsh Government who have always wanted a restriction of 5 miles movement from your home.

No links. Sorry.
    lol

How can say Boris has one eye limiting the catastrophe on the economy? He’s the one who ****ed it by starting the lock down too late.

No links. Sorry.

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft..

Banned

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft..
    Two people making the same point with no factual context, on the same messageboard? What are the chances of that?

No links. Sorry.
    Haha nice, If that doesn’t get the point across then nothing will (probably won’t though)

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft.
    If you're talking about the current situation with regard to the Covid-19 guidelines in Wales, I would like to admit the following: rightly or wrongly, I regard myself as a reasonably intelligent individual; I have been working, travelling on public transport, shopping for myself and shopping for elderly relatives throughout the pandemic; I watch the news almost every day and often watch the daily Covid-19 briefings; I also use the internet every day and often read the BBC news website; nevertheless, I am now in a situation whereby I genuinely have no idea what the rules in Wales currently are.

It's become an absolute farce.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    He has spoken about them in a previous thread - maybe even this one. He didn't say who these people were then, he won't say who they are now, and he will probably never say it.

I think he grew up in a religious, chapel going setting. I'm not knocking that for a minute. However, not many people grow up in those settings these days (I am assuming xsnaggle is in his 70s), and I would be amazed if the chapel goers had any influence at any level (national, local, or even street) at any stage of the last 100 years. That is, of course, assuming he is talking about some sort of temperance society.

I know the Temperance Societies had some success in valleys towns, making areas of towns pub free at a time when there was literally a pub on every street corner. Especially in hard working areas like Ebbw Vale, Tredegar, Merthyr and so on - but a lot of that success stems from the 19th Century.

I wonder if he is talking about these groups, or someone else?
    I thought he was a Catholic from N.Ireland ?, which begs the question is he even Welsh ?