+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I must have missed those then, although your mod kept posting waving smileys for some reason. Maybe there were other things posted after I logged off, but compared to the Organ Morgan belittling thread started by The Lone Gunman, I didn't witness anything that over the top.
    you were part of them. as for the organ morgan thread you were a shambles then as well. Fed up now.

Goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The ones where grown men were bickering and trying to throw cheap jibes at each other?
    Well said.

IMG_20200824_152137.jpg

we might have done the worst in the world at protecting the population from this virus, but at least we've... also ****ed up our economy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20200824_152137.jpg

we might have done the worst in the world at protecting the population from this virus, but at least we've... also ****ed up our economy
    From what little I know, not all economies are the same - some like the UK's are more dependent on the service sector than others which leaves us more vulnerable. Anyway, the you-know-what hasn't hit the fan yet. We'll get a better picture in a few months' time..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    From what little I know, not all economies are the same - some like the UK's are more dependent on the service sector than others which leaves us more vulnerable. Anyway, the you-know-what hasn't hit the fan yet. We'll get a better picture in a few months' time..
    isnt ( or wasnt it ) it approx 80% of our GDP ( pretty sure thats what i heard on the news )

which would make sense as to why we have suffered so much

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53887659

Capital city knobheads leading the way to another lockdown I see.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53887659

Capital city knobheads leading the way to another lockdown I see.
    The article actually says it is not!

"A number of small clusters of Covid-19 cases in Cardiff" according to this piece;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51888681

International

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852

Another example of Drakeford's "leadership" ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Am I missing something in this article?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Am I missing something in this article?
    I give in. Are you?

I’m not sure where you’re going with this (are you)?

International

I’m not sure where you’re going with this (are you)?
    See above.

See above.

Your links not working

International

Hang on you might be Try this one.

https://www.https://www.bbc.co.uk/ne...itics-53918841

do you want to have a third go?

International

I can't open it either.
    Oh bugger it. I can't be arsed.

Well, that was enlightening

Meanwhile. Johnson finds someone, or something in this instance, to blame while standing in front of what looks like being an ingeniously assembled set of school books

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...heir-own-story

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, that was enlightening

Meanwhile. Johnson finds someone, or something in this instance, to blame while standing in front of what looks like being an ingeniously assembled set of school books

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...heir-own-story
    Fair play that’s a kind of planning, thought and execution of a task that Johnson could only dream of.

Just an update on testing.

Took my son for one yesterday - very mild symptom. Almost certainly not Covid.

You have to book. Our nearest one Abercynon no availability.

Your sent a text and Email with a bar code which is scanned through the car window on arrival.

You are then passed a sef testing kit with booklet/instructions through the window and you get on with it yourself throat both tonsils 10 seconds same then up the nose until you find resistance 10 to 15 seconds. You then put the swab in a tube with some liquid and then seal up in a small bag then another bio bag.

Bag is then dropped off as you exit.

Dont just rock up expecting to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just an update on testing.

Took my son for one yesterday - very mild symptom. Almost certainly not Covid.

You have to book. Our nearest one Abercynon no availability.

Your sent a text and Email with a bar code which is scanned through the car window on arrival.

You are then passed a sef testing kit with booklet/instructions through the window and you get on with it yourself throat both tonsils 10 seconds same then up the nose until you find resistance 10 to 15 seconds. You then put the swab in a tube with some liquid and then seal up in a small bag then another bio bag.

Bag is then dropped off as you exit.

Dont just rock up expecting to be tested.
    Surely nobody thought you were able to waltz in and get a test on request?

Ahem...

International

Surely nobody thought you were able to waltz in and get a test on request?

Ahem...
    When I said that I was not trying to be a smart arse. They have on-the spot -registration cards at Ebbw Vales Abwercynon and Cardiff. If you turn up and tell them you think you have a symptom(S) they should let you fill out the from there and then and get a test.
    It wasn't a wind up, it is perfectly true. for some rerason Newport Rodney Parade are not doing it.
    If you are refused at the entrance then the person isn't doing his job properly.

With regard to Abercynon, they have had spare capacity almost since they opened but in the last week their test rate has gone way up. They did over 200 yesterday and about the same today so spare space may be unavailable now.

When I said that I was not trying to be a smart arse. They have on-the spot -registration cards at Ebbw Vales Abwercynon and Cardiff. If you turn up and tell them you think you have a symptom(S) they should let you fill out the from there and then and get a test.
    It wasn't a wind up, it is perfectly true. for some rerason Newport Rodney Parade are not doing it.
    If you are refused at the entrance then the person isn't doing his job properly.

With regard to Abercynon, they have had spare capacity almost since they opened but in the last week their test rate has gone way up. They did over 200 yesterday and about the same today so spare space may be unavailable now.
    I drove past CCS testing area on Wednesday and there was about 6 or 7 people with orange jackets on all sat in a line (not appearing to be distancing) on a row of chairs all doing sod all. I've seen the odd car or two in there but never a queue to get in. I wonder what data is available to how many tests they have carried out there because in the few times I have gone by the place is mostly deserted.

I drove past CCS testing area on Wednesday and there was about 6 or 7 people with orange jackets on all sat in a line (not appearing to be distancing) on a row of chairs all doing sod all. I've seen the odd car or two in there but never a queue to get in. I wonder what data is available to how many tests they have carried out there because in the few times I have gone by the place is mostly deserted.
    As you say it's been pretty much like that since it 'opened'. Think 1 car is the most I've ever seen there.

International

Cardiff are regularly doing about 200+ tests a day. On average they can do about 30/hour and its open 12 hours, but as you say, they places al;ways look empty as one drives past.