+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Did this story go anywhere? I didn't see anybody comment on it, and the media haven't picked up on it as far as I know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sensitive.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did this story go anywhere? I didn't see anybody comment on it, and the media haven't picked up on it as far as I know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sensitive.html
    Experts saying 9 out of 10 tests could be wrong? Doesn't it have to be shown that this is either the case or it isn't?

Experts saying 9 out of 10 tests could be wrong? Doesn't it have to be shown that this is either the case or it isn't?
    Some are just saying you’ve had a cold or another coronavirus

My Daughter has been off school with a sore throat this week (not a Covid symptom), but my wife's place of work have insisted that she cannot come back to work until she has a negative test.

It took us as 2 people 2 days of constant refreshing online to finally get a test in a location that wouldn't have involved a drive to Barnstable or Aberystwyth. During this time we walked to our nearest center and shouted over the wall to check if a previous registration had come through (it hadn't) and that it takes 4 hours for a booking to register. However he said once that registration is in you can come back at any time, because there is never anyone here.

Had the test today, and are awaiting the results. The booking system doesn't feel like anywhere near up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And how many of those have been hospitalised and how many have died?

And how do those numbers compare with other more established illnesses.

Isn’t the time coming where we live with the virus rather than try to hide from it
    If you mean going back to normal then no.

International

Prof Witty said that the rise in positive tests is mainly in the 17 - 21 yr old range from lack of keeping to the rules, but those people are then going back home and giving it to older people, and that is the real problem

The youngsters will probably get a mild dose and not even notice but the older folks could end up in intensive care and swamp the hospitals again.

What worries me is the death rate I'm told by a health worker that some poorly patients who were near death with terminal diseases were accounted for on death certificates as Covid, during the frenziness of the pandemic ??

From Metro """It’s important to note that flu and pneumonia deaths were lower than average during the pandemic, which may be down to people succumbing to coronavirus when they would have normally died from those illnesses.""

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/12/nearly-five-times-people-dying-flu-pneumonia-coronavirus-13118709/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What worries me is the death rate I'm told by a health worker that some poorly patients who were near death with terminal diseases were accounted for on death certificates as Covid, during the frenziness of the pandemic ??

From Metro """It’s important to note that flu and pneumonia deaths were lower than average during the pandemic, which may be down to people succumbing to coronavirus when they would have normally died from those illnesses.""

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/12/nearl...9/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
    Somethings not quite right about all this... I’ve heard a few times that people who had terminal diseases had Covid put down as cause of death when really it was cancer or pneumonia

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/12/nearl...9/?ito=cbshare

I know someone who uncle went in with pneumonia ( he suffers alot with it ), while they were treating it, he tested + for covid19, he recovered from that and went home, a number of week later he has rushed back in with pneumonia again

he doesnt make it , the death certificate said he died of Covid19 ? ? ? ? despite he testing negative for it and returning home

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I know someone who uncle went in with pneumonia ( he suffers alot with it ), while they were treating it, he tested + for covid19, he recovered from that and went home, a number of week later he has rushed back in with pneumonia again

he doesnt make it , the death certificate said he died of Covid19 ? ? ? ? despite he testing negative for it and returning home
    You mean they tested him a second time for covid and then he was negative?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You mean they tested him a second time for covid and then he was negative?
    yes the 2nd test was negative and he went home

yes the 2nd test was negative and he went home
    Isn't this a case where the initial symptoms of Covid had dispersed but the damage caused by the virus were still present? The two people I know who had Covid months ago are still not back to full health.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't this a case where the initial symptoms of Covid had dispersed but the damage caused by the virus were still present? The two people I know who had Covid months ago are still not back to full health.
    in normal circumstances yes, but this guy has been in and out of hospital with pneumonia for a few years ( and actually caught covid while being in for pneumonia ), so i think the family thought pneumonia would have been the cause of death

in normal circumstances yes, but this guy has been in and out of hospital with pneumonia for a few years ( and actually caught covid while being in for pneumonia ), so i think the family thought pneumonia would have been the cause of death
    Have a read of this, old fruit:
    https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...vid-19-deaths/

International

This whole thing about cause of death is just because of the reporting so far as I understand the rules.
    Covid 19 is a 'reportable' disease so if there any suspicion of the virus being present or causal then the doctor certifying death must state it on the death certificate. He has no choice.

There are also thousands not counted as Covid deaths who passed away 28 days after being diagnosed. Im sure many of those still passed away as a result this virus had on their body.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303977345787801600

It's the video with a man from Rotherham talking about his recent experience in a supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303977345787801600

It's the video with a man from Rotherham talking about his recent experience in a supermarket.
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Merthyr on the brink they keep saying.
    Scotland have now implemented the 6 people rule aswell. I wonder if Drakefords planning the same? Its tricky as all the hotspots are the central valley areas where as the rest of Wales seem to be fine.

My neighbour just phoned to book a test and he was told the nearest testing site available was in BRISTOL !!!!

He lives in Llanishen, Cardiff

Due to an increasing number of positive COVID-19 cases and to prevent a future lockdown, Council Leaders in Merthyr Tydfil & Rhondda Cynon Taf are asking all residents to take action now to avoid the need for a formal local lockdown in the near future.

The voluntary actions requested from residents, which are recommended with immediate effect, and include:

• Only using public transport for essential purposes, which includes travel to education, work, essential medical appointments, shopping and visiting supermarkets;
    • Working from home for the next few weeks if you are able to do so. Actively seek the support of all employers to ensure that those that can work from home do so;
    • Wearing three layer face coverings or masks, where it is safe to do so, whilst in work, in supermarkets and other indoor or crowded public spaces (recommended for age 12 and over);
    • Do not visit care homes, unless it is an end of life visit where full PPE will be required.

Both Councils have made clear that Schools will remain open and home to school transport will continue to operate in accordance with the latest Public Health Wales guidance.

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board and the two local authorities are recommending for residents and family members in households who were previously part of the NHS Shielding Scheme, to ask their employers if it is practical to work from home. Residents are also urged to assess the risks associated with their day to day life and avoid, where possible, crowded public places, particularly indoor public spaces. This Advice does not mean the NHS Shielding Scheme, at this time, is restarting.

Both Councils are already taking action to ensure all large supermarkets, retail stores and licensed premises adhere to the Coronavirus Regulations that seek to control, minimise and prevent the risk of exposure to Covid 19. South Wales Police continue to actively enforce current Wales-wide covid-19 regulations with residents, alongside the Councils’ environmental health teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Due to an increasing number of positive COVID-19 cases and to prevent a future lockdown, Council Leaders in Merthyr Tydfil & Rhondda Cynon Taf are asking all residents to take action now to avoid the need for a formal local lockdown in the near future.

The voluntary actions requested from residents, which are recommended with immediate effect, and include:

• Only using public transport for essential purposes, which includes travel to education, work, essential medical appointments, shopping and visiting supermarkets;
    • Working from home for the next few weeks if you are able to do so. Actively seek the support of all employers to ensure that those that can work from home do so;
    • Wearing three layer face coverings or masks, where it is safe to do so, whilst in work, in supermarkets and other indoor or crowded public spaces (recommended for age 12 and over);
    • Do not visit care homes, unless it is an end of life visit where full PPE will be required.

Both Councils have made clear that Schools will remain open and home to school transport will continue to operate in accordance with the latest Public Health Wales guidance.

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board and the two local authorities are recommending for residents and family members in households who were previously part of the NHS Shielding Scheme, to ask their employers if it is practical to work from home. Residents are also urged to assess the risks associated with their day to day life and avoid, where possible, crowded public places, particularly indoor public spaces. This Advice does not mean the NHS Shielding Scheme, at this time, is restarting.

Both Councils are already taking action to ensure all large supermarkets, retail stores and licensed premises adhere to the Coronavirus Regulations that seek to control, minimise and prevent the risk of exposure to Covid 19. South Wales Police continue to actively enforce current Wales-wide covid-19 regulations with residents, alongside the Councils’ environmental health teams.
    Went shopping in the Co op in Treorchy this morning, and saw little evidence of compliance with the request to wear masks - about 20 per cent of customers maybe, I think people will have to be told that they have to wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Went shopping in the Co op in Treorchy this morning, and saw little evidence of compliance with the request to wear masks - about 20 per cent of customers maybe, I think people will have to be told that they have to wear masks.
    Shops do not want to enforce it because it causes problems and hostility towards their staff, who are not qualified or experienced in dealing with this.

Police do not have the resources to police it.

In some cases people are simply unaware of what the rulings are in specific areas.