+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When there is a vaccine for those who are old or with underlying conditions I guess. Keeping them indoors isn’t working so well it seems as they are still getting it. Cancer drugs wipe out one immune system so it’s no shock their bodies can not cope with it.
    The trouble is there will be no normality to return to as the global economy will have been wiped out, so what's your contingency plan for that particular scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The trouble is there will be no normality to return to as the global economy will have been wiped out, so what's your contingency plan for that particular scenario?
    Yes, goats off the ccmb, what's your contingency plan for the global economy having been wiped out AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT YOU HAVEN'T GOT ONE

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes, goats off the ccmb, what's your contingency plan for the global economy having been wiped out AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT YOU HAVEN'T GOT ONE
    The simple way is to get anyone with an chronic underlying illness and put them in one place of safety and not let anyone in or out. That'll sort it out.

Of course the last time a particular group were treated like this the places of safety the were called concentration camps, so there might be a little political fallout until they all die natural deaths. But the government had over 4 years to ride out the storm.

I’ve been working on it all week in fact, I’m on page 268 of my report in to it, just got to run it by bo, Trump, Merkel and co then I’ll share it. To sum up, we just have to crack on as those under 60 with no issues don’t seem to get too badly affected mercifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why will it be wiped out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The simple way is to get anyone with an chronic underlying illness and put them in one place of safety and not let anyone in or out. That'll sort it out.

Of course the last time a particular group were treated like this the places of safety the were called concentration camps, so there might be a little political fallout until they all die natural deaths. But the government had over 4 years to ride out the storm.
    Are you really suggesting that isolating sick people (as per your own suggestion) is akin to concentration camps?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Are you really suggesting that isolating sick people (as per your own suggestion) is akin to concentration camps?
    It's the preferred way!!!

You underestimate CCMB delmbox and clearly hadn’t even considered concentration camps.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You underestimate CCMB delmbox and clearly hadn’t even considered concentration camps.
    lmao

Odd not to see any scientists at the briefing today.

From Welsh Office Minister David Davies in the Commons last week.

"We have made it clear that Welsh Government Ministers are welcome at Cobra meetings and the ministerial implementation groups, and we have actually asked if we could attend Welsh Government meetings in the same way; thus far we have not had a response.”

Seems Drakeford's protestations Wales et al being ignored may not necessarily have been accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    From Welsh Office Minister David Davies in the Commons last week.

"We have made it clear that Welsh Government Ministers are welcome at Cobra meetings and the ministerial implementation groups, and we have actually asked if we could attend Welsh Government meetings in the same way; thus far we have not had a response.”

Seems Drakeford's protestations Wales et al being ignored may not necessarily have been accurate.
    When was the last Cobra meeting out of interest?

In Northern Ireland......where shops are already open

Coronavirus: NI's hotels and bars can reopen from 3 July https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53048414

......Meanwhile in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    When was the last Cobra meeting out of interest?
    Not sure. When was the last ministerial implementation group, when were the last Welsh Government meetings?

Not sure. When was the last ministerial implementation group, when were the last Welsh Government meetings?
    Little idea what a Ministerial Implementation Group is though there is a reference here in the UK Government update on how it will manage the response to the virus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...to-coronavirus

According to that The Prime Minister will continue to chair regular UK COBR meetings to take strategic decisions and review overall progress in the campaign to contain, delay and mitigate coronavirus.

It appears that the last time Cobra met at the pan-UK highest level body at the eye of the epidemic was May 10th.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-over-a-month

Probably why Drakeford was making the point and why Davies was so obtuse in the the quote you proudly posted.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    In Northern Ireland......where shops are already open

Coronavirus: NI's hotels and bars can reopen from 3 July https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53048414

......Meanwhile in Wales
    northern Ireland where they are already down to 0 daily deaths Vs Wales which has 7 of the top 10 highest risk communities in the UK.
    I'm glad he is being cautious

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Little idea what a Ministerial Implementation Group is though there is a reference here in the UK Government update on how it will manage the response to the virus.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...to-coronavirus

According to that The Prime Minister will continue to chair regular UK COBR meetings to take strategic decisions and review overall progress in the campaign to contain, delay and mitigate coronavirus.

It appears that the last time Cobra met at the pan-UK highest level body at the eye of the epidemic was May 10th.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-over-a-month

Probably why Drakeford was making the point and why Davies was so obtuse in the the quote you proudly posted.
    "Proudly" post, eh? That's a bit of an assumption on your part, it's a discussion point.

Now, if Drakeford has refused to liaise with UK government, for example the Welsh Government meetings you'd not mentioned, then we're in the situation that whatever happens in Wales is entirely on Drakeford. That's a dangerous game he's playing if it backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    northern Ireland where they are already down to 0 daily deaths Vs Wales which has 7 of the top 10 highest risk communities in the UK.
    I'm glad he is being cautious
    Me too! I'm getting to be a big fan of Mark Drakeford

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Odd not to see any scientists at the briefing today.
    It looks like the 2m rule is about to be scrapped in England and that flies in the face of scientific advice. I think Bojo and his merrie men feel the scientists have outlived their usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It looks like the 2m rule is about to be scrapped in England and that flies in the face of scientific advice. I think Bojo and his merrie men feel the scientists have outlived their usefulness.
    WHO advocate less than 2m.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    30 million, first on list for delivery I believe
    that will save people from outrage at the government

"Proudly" post, eh? That's a bit of an assumption on your part, it's a discussion point.

Now, if Drakeford has refused to liaise with UK government, for example the Welsh Government meetings you'd not mentioned, then we're in the situation that whatever happens in Wales is entirely on Drakeford. That's a dangerous game he's playing if it backfires.
    The only thing Drakeford does consistently is confuse me.

Strong hints that non essential shops may open next week, but unless that is coupled with easing of this stupid 5 mile rule, places like Cardiff shopping centre will only pull local people in to shop. That's hardly viable for a commercial centre like Cardiff, it needs a bigger catchment area.

Schools to open soon, but a relative in secondary school tells me that she has been told to attend on one day a week only, and no need to wear school uniform....what sort of education is that? Might as well not bother.

Dentists opening up in England, but not so in Wales. Why? Are our dentists less competent than their English equivalents? Don't they have the correct PPE. It's an insult to the dentists working in Wales.

Buy a car in England, go whistle in Wales. Car showrooms are places where social distancing is unlikely to be a problem, except in Drakeford's eyes.

Cautious is an understatement, and it's not as if we have been all that successful handling Covid. some of the highest incidence in the UK in Wales, 1300 patients discharged from hospital into Wales care homes without being tested, low testing throughout Wales compared to UK, embryonic track and trace.

Nicola Sturgeon acts as if she knows what she's doing and where she's going. Mark Drakeford does not fill me with that sort of confidence.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that will save people from outrage at the government
    Are you saying that if the Government didn't do it's job in acquiring doses of the vaccine (as yet untested) then it would be wrong to hold it to account? Who are you? Chairman Mao?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Strong hints that non essential shops may open next week, but unless that is coupled with easing of this stupid 5 mile rule, places like Cardiff shopping centre will only pull local people in to shop. That's hardly viable for a commercial centre like Cardiff, it needs a bigger catchment area.

Schools to open soon, but a relative in secondary school tells me that she has been told to attend on one day a week only, and no need to wear school uniform....what sort of education is that? Might as well not bother.

Dentists opening up in England, but not so in Wales. Why? Are our dentists less competent than their English equivalents? Don't they have the correct PPE. It's an insult to the dentists working in Wales.

Buy a car in England, go whistle in Wales. Car showrooms are places where social distancing is unlikely to be a problem, except in Drakeford's eyes.

Cautious is an understatement, and it's not as if we have been all that successful handling Covid. some of the highest incidence in the UK in Wales, 1300 patients discharged from hospital into Wales care homes without being tested, low testing throughout Wales compared to UK, embryonic track and trace.

Nicola Sturgeon acts as if she knows what she's doing and where she's going. Mark Drakeford does not fill me with that sort of confidence.
    isn't this the same guy who was going out of his way to make excuses for Boris the other day?

Wales has 5% of the population of the UK and so far has had 2.5% of the deaths, to me that suggests that we have at least done better than England.
    maybe we shouldn't be asking why we are opening up slower than England, perhaps we should be asking why England are opening up more quickly than us

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

The r rate in Wales is the lowest in the country, so Drakeford and his team deserve credit for that but I appreciate that those of you who are party political as opposed to being apolitical will find fault somewhere.

However, the school situation is ridiculous from what I can see. Schools can open to 30% of capacity which, essentially, means that kids will attend 3 days every 2 weeks. Wouldn't it have been better for them to open schools to Y6, and then Y10 and Y12 fulltime?

The 5 mile radius thing is also a nonsense.

But, those minor things aside, the Welsh Government are continuing to follow the science. The UK Government are following the headlines/money/economy/votes.