+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    True, after all there's only one woman in Wales who had lupus. Saly for your investigative skills, my wife has never had fibro, luckily enough...
    Yeah, around 25 sufferers in every 100k in the UK which comes to less than a thousand in Wales. You and Tell it like it is should form a support group

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah, around 25 sufferers in every 100k in the UK which comes to less than a thousand in Wales. You and Tell it like it is should form a support group
    There was a Lupus South Wales group, folded a while ago.

You carry on looking foolish.

PS, Lupus UK figures estimate around 50k people with it in UK, higher than "25 in every 100k" as you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful disease, there's so many amongst us who have health problems like this, I am always impressed how they manage it , and just get on with life .
    Doesn't it cause mental problems too? Selena Gomez has bipolar and some people speculated that her lupus hid it

Don't blame public for spread of Covid 19 in UK;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-uk-scientist

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Don't be daft. All four nations have been bloody useless. The only people to come out of it with some credit are front line NHS staff, and those who have kept day to day services going.

As for Wales death rate being lower, its a bit like saying we did well because we only lost 5-0, where England conceded 10 ...they are all bad results.
    The thing is though, there have been times on here when you come across as being more willing to excuse the 10-0 defeat than the 5-0 one. My mum was like that because she'd feel more sorry for the 10-0 losers and there was a time about three months ago when I felt a degree of sympathy for Johnson and co because, as a new Government, they had been dealt a terrible hand, but, that's long since disappeared. To continue the gambling analogy, the current approach of the UK Government when it comes to things like the measures they have approved with regards to coming out of lockdown at a time when the official (i.e. seriously below the actual figure) daily new cases figure is still always above at least one thousand and while there is only a track and trace programme that is accepted as being not fully fit for purpose for at least another fortnight (other estimates put it at September) is akin to someone trying to win a poker hand with a single pair.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The thing is though, there have been times on here when you come across as being more willing to excuse the 10-0 defeat than the 5-0 one. My mum was like that because she'd feel more sorry for the 10-0 losers and there was a time about three months ago when I felt a degree of sympathy for Johnson and co because, as a new Government, they had been dealt a terrible hand, but, that's long since disappeared. To continue the gambling analogy, the current approach of the UK Government when it comes to things like the measures they have approved with regards to coming out of lockdown at a time when the official (i.e. seriously below the actual figure) daily new cases figure is still always above at least one thousand and while there is only a track and trace programme that is accepted as being not fully fit for purpose for at least another fortnight (other estimates put it at September) is akin to someone trying to win a poker hand with a single pair.
    Why don’t they use a track and trace that another country use already? S Korea? Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why don’t they use a track and trace that another country use already? S Korea? Germany?
    I've wondered that myself. Surely it's cheaper and quicker than developing from scratch? I guess it would need to be adapted to fit a different countries laws, etc. but the technology isn't going to be a problem. Just about everyone is on android or apple.

Boris and co are currently struggling in my opinion, maybe too cavalier whereas Drakeford is also struggling maybe too cautious. Many on this board will have a go at the Torys whatever they do so there is a built in bias. Ive tried to be balanced in my comments and sometimes get shouted down. England track and trace is not fit for purpose, same as ours, and its an example of why all sides have been bloody useless.

To be fair to Boris he is trying to get the economy going again, and it looks as if opening town centre stores has been popular. Whether it will be a success in Wales, when for example the catchment area for Cardiff City centre shops will be restricted to five miles who knows? I was amazed to see Ken Skates on TV news yesterday saying that although Drakeford told the non essential shops to get ready to open on 22 June three weeks ago, they will not announce whether they can or not until Friday. It all depends on the R level.

Im sure you can imagine the work that will have gone into preparing to re-open the big Cardiff stores, pulling staff in, stock, social distancing procedures...and then it might all be blown away on Friday. Shows a total disregard for the economy of Wales, its people, and points to an off the cuff approach to things by the Senedd

As for the 5 mile, non scientific travel restrictions, its akin to herding large parts of Wales into their local hotspots, where we have to co-exist within places like Cardiff, Merthyr, RCT, Anglesey, Denbigh...no wonder the incidence in each keeps bubbling along. Whereas if you live within 5 miles of England anywhere along our 160 mile long border you can travel throughout England, shop, camp (from July 4), visit any beach. Its just a nonsense.

And don't say its for our own good because we all know the we have many of the worse hotspots in the UK.

Drakeford's needs to get an urgent grip on things and give the population of Wales a clear understanding of how things will ease together with dates.

On a personal note, like many Id like to see my family in Chepstow, I'd like to get my haircut, Id like to visit the dentist, Id like to book a campsite in Wales, ...just an indication of when this might happen would help us all.

And as a final personal note, my wife had a problem with a tooth. Her local dentist in Cardiff gave advice over the phone and recommended do it yourself cement filling. We tried it and failed. Currently nothing else can be done for her in Wales. So we found a dentist in Gloucestershire who thinks he can sort it. It needs an initial assessment, plus probably four visits to get the job done. Where is the scientific evidence that its oK to practice as a dentist in England but not in Wales. And don't say its to do with the R level, because apparently we have the lowest in the UK.

Five trips to England to get a tooth fixed...and yes we can travel because in Wales you can travel to visit health services not available locally.

And Drakeford's got much of the population of Wales thinking this sort of thing is normal and sensible?
    Give us a break.

My mate had a dental problem and got seen 2 days ago.!!!!

Had to travel mind - 1 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've wondered that myself. Surely it's cheaper and quicker than developing from scratch? I guess it would need to be adapted to fit a different countries laws, etc. but the technology isn't going to be a problem. Just about everyone is on android or apple.
    I suggested this at the time and got shouted down for it

Boris and co are currently struggling in my opinion, maybe too cavalier whereas Drakeford is also struggling maybe too cautious. Many on this board will have a go at the Torys whatever they do so there is a built in bias. Ive tried to be balanced in my comments and sometimes get shouted down. England track and trace is not fit for purpose, same as ours, and its an example of why all sides have been bloody useless.

To be fair to Boris he is trying to get the economy going again, and it looks as if opening town centre stores has been popular. Whether it will be a success in Wales, when for example the catchment area for Cardiff City centre shops will be restricted to five miles who knows? I was amazed to see Ken Skates on TV news yesterday saying that although Drakeford told the non essential shops to get ready to open on 22 June three weeks ago, they will not announce whether they can or not until Friday. It all depends on the R level.

Im sure you can imagine the work that will have gone into preparing to re-open the big Cardiff stores, pulling staff in, stock, social distancing procedures...and then it might all be blown away on Friday. Shows a total disregard for the economy of Wales, its people, and points to an off the cuff approach to things by the Senedd

As for the 5 mile, non scientific travel restrictions, its akin to herding large parts of Wales into their local hotspots, where we have to co-exist within places like Cardiff, Merthyr, RCT, Anglesey, Denbigh...no wonder the incidence in each keeps bubbling along. Whereas if you live within 5 miles of England anywhere along our 160 mile long border you can travel throughout England, shop, camp (from July 4), visit any beach. Its just a nonsense.

And don't say its for our own good because we all know the we have many of the worse hotspots in the UK.

Drakeford's needs to get an urgent grip on things and give the population of Wales a clear understanding of how things will ease together with dates.

On a personal note, like many Id like to see my family in Chepstow, I'd like to get my haircut, Id like to visit the dentist, Id like to book a campsite in Wales, ...just an indication of when this might happen would help us all.

And as a final personal note, my wife had a problem with a tooth. Her local dentist in Cardiff gave advice over the phone and recommended do it yourself cement filling. We tried it and failed. Currently nothing else can be done for her in Wales. So we found a dentist in Gloucestershire who thinks he can sort it. It needs an initial assessment, plus probably four visits to get the job done. Where is the scientific evidence that its oK to practice as a dentist in England but not in Wales. And don't say its to do with the R level, because apparently we have the lowest in the UK.

Five trips to England to get a tooth fixed...and yes we can travel because in Wales you can travel to visit health services not available locally.

And Drakeford's got much of the population of Wales thinking this sort of thing is normal and sensible?
    Give us a break.
    On the other hand, countries that are coming out of this situation the best are those who have been most cautious, who have been the strictest. Are you suggesting it is wrong to try and guard against a second wave? To me it seems as if England has decided to let anyone do what they want, go back to the herd immunity plan without actually calling it that, and will monitor that for spikes in R. Wales seems to be trying to control R to avoid spikes.

Give us a break.
    The Dentist thing is one of the most annoying, what is the difference between one in Bristol or Cardiff? It’s complete farce and why many have lost faith in Drakeford. I suffer with gum disease I must of inherited, I need them deep cleaned every few months, lost 2 in the last few years and might well lose another now. Looks like I might have to go to Bristol for a clean!
    The most annoying this is he can’t lay out a plan like say NI have done, so at least we can all make some plans for what might happen, ie like getting away for a week in July or August. The R rate is slowly falling in Wales so surely the brains behind him can see where it’s going. Apparently, he’s told caravan parks they can take bookings from July 10 but this should be made common knowledge else it will cause chaos if he announces it one Friday lunchtime, you can all go away now from Monday folks.....can you imagine the M4 gridlock?

The Dentist thing is one of the most annoying, what is the difference between one in Bristol or Cardiff? It’s complete farce and why many have lost faith in Drakeford. I suffer with gum disease I must of inherited, I need them deep cleaned every few months, lost 2 in the last few years and might well lose another now. Looks like I might have to go to Bristol for a clean!
    The most annoying this is he can’t lay out a plan like say NI have done, so at least we can all make some plans for what might happen, ie like getting away for a week in July or August. The R rate is slowly falling in Wales so surely the brains behind him can see where it’s going. Apparently, he’s told caravan parks they can take bookings from July 10 but this should be made common knowledge else it will cause chaos if he announces it one Friday lunchtime, you can all go away now from Monday folks.....can you imagine the M4 gridlock?
    Are all dentists not opening in Cardiff.

You can get an appointment in Aberdare.

Drakeford's had the easiest possible ride in the local media. His policies or lack of them show a blatant ignorance and disregard for the local economy and how it's going to impact on people here, and he seems to take delight in his new-found power and authority. But what really takes the biscuit is last night's local news. Someone chap who's the "Welsh Economy Minister" warning about the damage to the economy a sudden halt in furloughing would cause.

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Drakeford's had the easiest possible ride in the local media. His policies or lack of them show a blatant ignorance and disregard for the local economy and how it's going to impact on people here, and he seems to take delight in his new-found power and authority. But what really takes the biscuit is last night's local news. Someone chap who's the "Welsh Economy Minister" warning about the damage to the economy a sudden halt in furloughing would cause.
    I've just had to book an appointment at the dentist for my wife in Bristol. I got a space at thr 5th or 6th attempt. The others said the backlog of appointment meant I could be waiting until September. I believe her you can only get an appointment for really urgent work and only the odd practice is open for that.

Banned

It's interesting that, of most of the critics of the Drakeford approach, most need to go to the dentist. A colleague of mine visited a dentist in Bridgend with no issues at all. I also believe that dental practices in Bristol are not taking patients from outside the city - certainly the two I just called up to research the claims above said they were only taking patients that were registered with them, and from the BS postcode.

Drakeford currently presides over the lowest R rate in the country, and borders, to the South East, an area of England where the R rate is around 1.0. I appreciate the 5 mile radius seems unscientific to some, but far from herding people into hot spots, it is preventing the virus from spreading to other areas - particularly more rural and isolated areas that get inundated with visitors at this time of year.

Banned

Give us a break.
    My colleague visited a dentist in Bridgend with no issues. Initially, he went to A&E because dentists were closed, but had his tooth extracted Tuesday.

As for scientific evidence that shows that dentistry is safe in England and not in Wales - there is none. Both Governments will be acting on the same scientific advice, but it is down to their interpretation of what can be opened up and what can't. England has regions where the R rate is close to, if not at, 1.0. Wales does not.

A second spike would kill any hopes of opening up over the summer, and that would kill many businesses. My own company is basically saying that a second spike in the autumn or winter will kill us, and they are supportive of the Welsh Government approach.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    My colleague visited a dentist in Bridgend with no issues. Initially, he went to A&E because dentists were closed, but had his tooth extracted Tuesday.

As for scientific evidence that shows that dentistry is safe in England and not in Wales - there is none. Both Governments will be acting on the same scientific advice, but it is down to their interpretation of what can be opened up and what can't. England has regions where the R rate is close to, if not at, 1.0. Wales does not.

A second spike would kill any hopes of opening up over the summer, and that would kill many businesses. My own company is basically saying that a second spike in the autumn or winter will kill us, and they are supportive of the Welsh Government approach.
    Why will it kill us? There won’t be another national lockdown again....

Banned

I'm not an accountant, and am not privy to the figures for our company but this is what we are being told. Interestingly, our company are following the Welsh approach (even on sites in England)and, in fairness, were forcing people to work from home well in advance of the UK Government. But then, our CEO didn't spend most of February on holiday and didn't avoid meetings held to discuss the crisis.

Re the dentist in Bridgend, I believe that an extraction can be done as an emergency, but no drilling or anything that can create an aerosol. Dentists in England can do the full range apparently.

Looking at the number of covid cases in N Wales I expect our R number to increase when its announced on Friday

International

It's interesting that, of most of the critics of the Drakeford approach, most need to go to the dentist. A colleague of mine visited a dentist in Bridgend with no issues at all. I also believe that dental practices in Bristol are not taking patients from outside the city - certainly the two I just called up to research the claims above said they were only taking patients that were registered with them, and from the BS postcode.

Drakeford currently presides over the lowest R rate in the country, and borders, to the South East, an area of England where the R rate is around 1.0. I appreciate the 5 mile radius seems unscientific to some, but far from herding people into hot spots, it is preventing the virus from spreading to other areas - particularly more rural and isolated areas that get inundated with visitors at this time of year.
    Clifton dental: 0117 973 7444

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Are all dentists not opening in Cardiff.

You can get an appointment in Aberdare.
    If you need a tooth removed maybe! I know what that’s like.....I just need the part where my teeth get the bugs scraped out so I don’t actually lose anymore teeeth

I can't imagine it either to be honest, even if the numbers hit the 400's I think it'll be a case of the Government sticking their fingers in their ears and going LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can't imagine it either to be honest, even if the numbers hit the 400's I think it'll be a case of the Government sticking their fingers in their ears and going LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
    They've got to get Brexit done after all.

They've got to get Brexit done after all.
    Think so as that's why the Torys won a majority at the General Elections. The country wants it done

Does Covid matter...of course it does big time, but lots of EU countries are getting back to normal and set to pull in the tourists, and no reason why EU negotiations can't be accelerated.

EU seems determined, even at this stage, to read us like a colonial outback, subservient to them and their laws.