+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Now if I were looking to score party political points (heaven forbid!), I could say that all of those good news stories relate to NHS Wales which, as the UK Government never cease to tell is when something goes wrong with it, is run by the Welsh Government. On the other hand, I believe that the running and administration of testing centres and the test and trace system in England and Wales is the responsibility of the UK Government - xsnaggle went off on one as if I was being critical of those who work in test centres, I wouldn't do that - it looks to me as if the administration of them is the problem.
    But the day to day administration of them is down to the local NHS TRUST in whos area they are operating.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Crikey, I wonder how many they did in Cardiff to get 14 positives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Does the figure mean that 14 positive tests relate to tests actually carried out in Cardiff, or 14 residents of Cardiff have tested positive?

With so many being tested out of area (my wife travelled to Margam from Cardiff for a test last week), it's not that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Does the figure mean that 14 positive tests relate to tests actually carried out in Cardiff, or 14 residents of Cardiff have tested positive?

With so many being tested out of area (my wife travelled to Margam from Cardiff for a test last week), it's not that clear.
    I'm not sure - I would guess that it was 14 residents of cardiff, otherwise you're just reporting on where the test centres are which wouldn't be very useful

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The Welsh and Scots do have the SAGE information and both governments have broadly followed the lines taken in England with tweaks around the edges all locking down at broadly the same time, the quarantine arrangements are not dissimilar and this second semi lockdown is not that dissimilar either in all 3 countries. The Welsh and Scots are consulted by the Whitehall civil servants and at government level prior to decisions being made so how come they are not doing things that differently? I disagree that the WElsh and Scots are doing better. Let's face it all are doing badly especially with regard to test and trace as I mentioned earlier. Let's leave it there as we can argue about this all afternoon and I have better things to do.
    No, you're wrong, both the Scottish and Welsh administrations are doing far better, particularly in the messaging which is key. Scotland and Wales could not have initiated a complete lockdown before the whole UK and Johnson and his merry band of little dunces were too lax and late in doing that.

Also, thankfully we haven't had the sinister exhortations down here to "get back to the office or lose your job" just to save sandwich bars. And you probably know that even getting your timing wrong by just a few days or spewing the wrong information are reasons for giving the virus more opportunity to spread; "broadly and more or less" doesn't cut it on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No, you're wrong, both the Scottish and Welsh administrations are doing far better, particularly in the messaging which is key. Scotland and Wales could not have initiated a complete lockdown before the whole UK and Johnson and his merry band of little dunces were too lax and late in doing that.

Also, thankfully we haven't had the sinister exhortations down here to "get back to the office or lose your job" just to save sandwich bars. And you probably know that even getting your timing wrong by just a few days or spewing the wrong information are reasons for giving the virus more opportunity to spread; "broadly and more or less" doesn't cut it on this issue.
    Oh dear! I'm not defending Johnson but this is getting rather silly. I wont confuse you further with the facts.

Oh dear! I'm not defending Johnson but this is getting rather silly. I wont confuse you further with the facts.
    Lol, you're right, it's getting very silly. Please spare me, I've seen your "facts" before

On the radio this morning:

A lady from Twickenham wanted a test and was told the nearest centre with available tests was Aberdeen. So what did she do? She put in an Aberdeen postcode as her home address into the online form and was told her nearest centre with available tests was Twickenham

You really couldn't make it up.

On the radio this morning:

A lady from Twickenham wanted a test and was told the nearest centre with available tests was Aberdeen. So what did she do? She put in an Aberdeen postcode as her home address into the online form and was told her nearest centre with available tests was Twickenham

You really couldn't make it up.
    if that's true ...what the ****?
    sheer incompetence? or actively trying to reduce demand?

RCT to enter local lockdown from 6pm tomorrow (Thursday)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    RCT to enter local lockdown from 6pm tomorrow (Thursday)
    Is it ok to drive through, ie from cardiff to Brecon? Supposed to be walking up pen y fan saturday.....?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is it ok to drive through, ie from cardiff to Brecon? Supposed to be walking up pen y fan saturday.....?
    Depends if you're calling into a butcher's in Abercynon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Depends if you're calling into a butcher's in Abercynon.
    No chance....can’t shut the a470 I guess

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair enough, I'd still say that under the current arrangements, the Welsh and Scottish Governments are never wholly in control of their test and trace regimes (this applies especially to Wales) when something like we saw at Porth can happen - seems to me that the UK Government will always have the equivalent of a casting vote in this country.

Germany is an interesting point of comparison with the UK Government, because I believe you're right about the number of tests they do compared to us. While mainland Europe has seen a big rise (new case numbers are higher than in the spring in some countries), Germany still has lower daily figures than us and their death figures remain very low relatively speaking - they seem to be getting more from their system than us despite our resources and spending being arguably greater than theirs.
    As regards Germany,their testing system is as I understand well established and was much better than ours from the off so it is perhaps not surprising that they are getting more from it.

They wouldn't have needed the same amount of spending on theirs as it was already in place.

Even so they were being criticised at one time during the pandemic for running out of tests,although I have no idea of their current situation. I will try and find something.

100 new cases in wales today, dropping 2 days in a row - again not sure if linked to availability of tests or successful containment

100 new cases in wales today, dropping 2 days in a row - again not sure if linked to availability of tests or successful containment
    wait no, looks like there were 199 cases and the public health wales tweet was an error
    in which case still climbing

if that's true ...what the ****?
    sheer incompetence? or actively trying to reduce demand?
    Actively trying to reduce demand BECAUSE of the incompetence.

Apparently, much of the recent spike has been traced to an organised trip to Doncaster Races. (mentioned in 12:30 briefing)

F***ing idiots

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Apparently, much of the recent spike has been traced to an organised trip to Doncaster Races. (mentioned in 12:30 briefing)

F***ing idiots
    The scary thing is these type of idiots are everywhere, it’s shocking how dull some of the general public are.
    Social media comments on facebitch and twitter sum up perfectly what the folk think about the new local lockdowns, people simply will not listen to the advice and latest rules and ignorant of it all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-54191828

Doncaster races interview on the Beeb.
    My god, im speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

My god, im speechless.
    Read earlier the group the FM mentioned didn't actually go to the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Read earlier the group the FM mentioned didn't actually go to the course.
    Agreed but some of them had symptoms before they went, had the tests but the results hadn't come back in time.....so they went anyway. Then the tests were positive when they got back. Unbelievable.

Agreed but some of them had symptoms before they went, had the tests but the results hadn't come back in time.....so they went anyway. Then the tests were positive when they got back. Unbelievable.
    Now they’ve got the whole county they live in lockdown....fools

Be fair, they do go every year .

My god, im speechless.
    I saw that.
    What an idiot.

My god, im speechless.
    Is she trying to defend them? She's all over the place but has a weirdly confident tone.

Same as what happens every year. Nothing was done any different.

A number of people had covid before the trip but hadn't had test results back.

They didn't take precautions because nobody had covid so you wouldn't take precautions.

If anybody on the bus was ill, it was covid symptoms are cold and flu like symptoms.

At the moment all the symptoms of everyone who was tested are flu like symptoms with the loss of taste and smell.

Any of them who tested positive have all got the same symptoms. Some of them haven't got any symptoms at all.