+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is she trying to defend them? She's all over the place but has a weirdly confident tone.
    This type of response to an indefensible action is commonly known as the ‘Cummings strategy’.

See earlier during the pandemic.

They go every year but don’t go to the racetrack is this a bit of a theme amongst Welsh rugby clubs.... “We always go to Scotland for the six nations game, never been to Edinburgh though, we stay in a hotel in Inverness”. Strange folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-54191828

Doncaster races interview on the Beeb.
    My god, im speechless.
    What that clip doesn't contain is the lady's comment about how she was disgusted by the response of local people to some of the individuals who went on the infamous trip. How beastly of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What that clip doesn't contain is the lady's comment about how she was disgusted by the response of local people to some of the individuals who went on the infamous trip. How beastly of them.
    Usually seen as role models those rugby club types though, you know fighting outside pubs, on beaches that sort of thing

3 deaths again today, after being at zero for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    This type of response to an indefensible action is commonly known as the ‘Cummings strategy’.

See earlier during the pandemic.
    At first I thought BBC Wales posted her interview on their Facebook page as somesort of joke, but after it appeared on the national news it was clear that she seriously thinks that the people on the trip did nothing wrong. Yes, Vaughan Gethin should have checked if they had actually visited the racecourse (it was well known that crowds weren't admitted after the first day), but it still doesn't excuse the actions of those on the trip.
    If she truly is a representative sample of the attitude that many people have towards the pandemic then there's no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    At first I thought BBC Wales posted her interview on their Facebook page as somesort of joke, but after it appeared on the national news it was clear that she seriously thinks that the people on the trip did nothing wrong. Yes, Vaughan Gethin should have checked if they had actually visited the racecourse (it was well known that crowds weren't admitted after the first day), but it still doesn't excuse the actions of those on the trip.
    If she truly is a representative sample of the attitude that many people have towards the pandemic then there's no hope.
    They and their ilk are beyond stupid.

The clip made me laugh but it illustrates perfectly how stupid some people are and their due lack of care and consideration regarding the pandemic and others.

Let's be fair, for those who say we should trust the British public to do the right thing know **** all about the British public.

Its just completely unbelievable. She does seem to believe they did nothing wrong. They did nothing wrong.?They went on a jolly to Doncaster (they didnt even have tickets for the races they just hit the pub or pubs) with some of the party waiting the results of covid tests. Its shocking.

Its not just the clowns on the bus their household members should have been in isolation as well pending the results. Bet they werent as their partners were on a p!ss up.

Theyve probably all been mixing in Abercynon as well as hitting Doncaster and wherever they stopped. Lets face it they stopped somewhere.

She actually had a rant at the residents of Abercynon and told them to be kind.

The sense of the British people. No wonder the country is the way it is.

I just realised. Doncaster was last week.

If her partner has Covid should she be out in the street giving TV interviews.??

Perhaps theyve got it wrong and he was one Covid free.

Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Apparently testing is coming under pressure also because people are confused about the differences in symptoms between what’s known as the common cold and the coronavirus. They are going for tests because they have a mild temp rise and a cough....like the consultant said on the news last night, its far more likely to just be a cold. Stuffy, blocked nose is unlikely to be Covid. By the end of last week 10 out of 30 in my eldest primary year were off with colds. Lots of the usual bugs about, more so as they e been off for 6 months maybe.
    That is a huge part of the problem coupled with the number of people going on holidays to those countries requiring a test before departure. Children and colds go hand in hand. Every year many thousands of kids catch colds. My ex teacher wife always seemed to be coming home with a cold which meant our whole family felt ill every winter although not bad enough to keep us off work. There are still major logistical problems, however, with track and trace which they should have got the army to sort out just like they did with the building of the new hospital facilities and the logistics surrounding the delivery of PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    They and their ilk are beyond stupid.
    Are we including Dominic Cummings in that assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Are we including Dominic Cummings in that assumption?
    Absolutely, the man is an idiot and should have been sacked.

The club involved (a Conservative club I notice) put their side of the story;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54189913

Mark Drakeford not happy with Johnson - the R rate in Wales now almost certainly above one - the latest estimate is between 0-7 and 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mark Drakeford not happy with Johnson - the R rate in Wales now almost certainly above one - the latest estimate is between 0-7 and 1.2.
    Earlier this week Chris Bryant on Sky TV was claiming credit for the fact that the R rate in Wales was lower than in England. Now the R rate in Wales has risen it now seems to be the fault of Boris. I don't like people claiming credit when things are going well and then shifting the blame when things are not going so well.

I know Mark Drakeford is concerned about the lack of contact with Boris (and rightly so), but how many times has Drakeford himself tried to instigate a meeting with the other first ministers and BJ.
    Its alright airing your grievances in public, but i dont think we know the full story.

I know Mark Drakeford is concerned about the lack of contact with Boris (and rightly so), but how many times has Drakeford himself tried to instigate a meeting with the other first ministers and BJ.
    Its alright airing your grievances in public, but i dont think we know the full story.

Cumon now ! Yup don’t expect Donald Drakeford to have Boris’s phone number, do you.

He’s (Donald), like a dropped boyfriend I’m not calling her, if she’s not calling me

International

I think that central government should definitely keep the first minister fully informed but I did notice earlier in the emergency that on a couple of occasions Drakeford said things like, "They haven't called us" or "The Westminster Government hasn't been in touch with us". He never said, "I've called and tried to speak to Boris but he didn't take my calls" or anything like that.
    However he has said that he has numerous chats with Michael Gove which he said, as useful and informative and that Gove does keep in touch.
    So does he just feel affronted that the PM is not dealing with him personally, and/or is he trying to score political points?

It's just been announced that the R rate for the U.K. Is between 1.1 and 1.4, so, for what it's worth, it's still lower in Wales.

It's just been announced that the R rate for the U.K. Is between 1.1 and 1.4, so, for what it's worth, it's still lower in Wales.
    I heard that. Also it seems the Nightingale hospital in Birmingham has been put on high alert so a serious spike must be expected.

4,300 new cases, the figure is getting towards spring levels now, but the death rates in other countries are not rising to the same proportions as they did in the spring so far - let's hope the same applies here.

4,300 new cases, the figure is getting towards spring levels now, but the death rates in other countries are not rising to the same proportions as they did in the spring so far - let's hope the same applies here.
    Are the old and vulnerable now more protected? Is the virus just weaker? Most people have a very good chance of surviving it anyway as long as they are under 75 and have no PEC.....I see the media are going into overdrive again.....the amount of time I spoken to or heard people say they no longer watch the news, no surprise really.

“So does he just feel affronted that the PM is not dealing with him personally, and/or is he trying to score political points?”

This is definitely what Donald Drakeford is doing. Me, me, me is all he’s worried about