+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thanks, but there's nothing there that says "people in Cardiff are now unable to..."

I guess it's assumed that it's just the general Covid restrictions - no leaving the area without good reason etc

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Thanks, but there's nothing there that says "people in Cardiff are now unable to..."

I guess it's assumed that it's just the general Covid restrictions - no leaving the area without good reason etc
    Almost all the surrounding areas were all already in lockdown, so the only difference from this is that you can't go to the vale of glamorgan without a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Sunday 6pm.....I’m outa town til then bra

International

There is rumour that the partial lockdown has resulted in a drop in cases in Caerphilly, but even if they are released from lockdown they're fecked. All the other areas have got them surrounded so they still can't go anywhere.

https://twitter.com/ifan_e/status/13...546173952?s=19

very interesting Wales England comparison here

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's a writer mainly. Judging by his books he's been a gloom-laden liberal all his life..
    Don't shoot the messenger

Just 4,044 new cases today - I know they're weekend figures, but that's a big drop from the norm of the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just 4,044 new cases today - I know they're weekend figures, but that's a big drop from the norm of the last week or so.
    Oh well, a record 7,100 plus new cases today and seventy one deaths - presumably there's a degree of catching up from the weekend in those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh well, a record 7,100 plus new cases today and seventy one deaths - presumably there's a degree of catching up from the weekend in those figures.
    I'm sure that's right but the trend is worrying. Boris and Professors Doom and Gloom (as one newspaper called Whitty and Valance) are to give a press conference tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not surprising though is it.

They don't even try to hide it really and some on here just willingly take it up the arse without lube and suggest anyone who disagrees with these efforts as being unpatriotic or a doomsayer.

The most corrupt gaggle of cuunts we've ever had as a government and that's some feat.

Anyone know when these cheap tests with results in 30 mins will be available here?

Coronavirus: New global test will give results 'in minutes' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54331921

Bit of a game changer if we could all get plenty of them

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone know when these cheap tests with results in 30 mins will be available here?

Coronavirus: New global test will give results 'in minutes' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54331921

Bit of a game changer if we could all get plenty of them
    https://twitter.com/davidschneider/s...199569927?s=19

Christ alive not another boris balls up.

International

Christ alive not another boris balls up.
    But from the report I read it looks like the first 120 million tests are going to Africa south America and the southern Asia countries, and that could take 6 months, which means none will be readily available in europe before then.
    Perhaps by then a different one will be developed, who knows (Or someone copy this one if it works OK) and if they don't then after that first batch they will become more widely available anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But from the report I read it looks like the first 120 million tests are going to Africa south America and the southern Asia countries, and that could take 6 months, which means none will be readily available in europe before then.
    Perhaps by then a different one will be developed, who knows (Or someone copy this one if it works OK) and if they don't then after that first batch they will become more widely available anyway.
    So it's nota total feck up yet, although the potential to be one remains

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If it’s going to take that long to get here anyway, maybe bo bo is right. If Oxford can develop a vaccine, I’m sure they can sort this obv simple test out also. Surely this would be good to roll out asap? I could pack my kids off to go and stay with their grandparents (which all parties are desperate for) if I could access 4 of these....

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    As usual the message board alive with critical comment about UK....

The UK government has signed a deal with the French manufacturer Novacyt for supply of these tests
    Lets see if he delivers on this one. 10m tests a day.......... Lets hope this one comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets see if he delivers on this one. 10m tests a day.......... Lets hope this one comes off.
    The recent comments are about the tests that give results in 30 mins, not the 10m a day 'do it yourself' moonshot idea.

Was looking at the coronavirus stats worldwide today as deaths hit a million, can anyone explain why deaths are so low in Africa? So many people, so poor, little hygiene, why not gone through the roof?

Was looking at the coronavirus stats worldwide today as deaths hit a million, can anyone explain why deaths are so low in Africa? So many people, so poor, little hygiene, why not gone through the roof?
    I would imagine it's because they're not really testing people (dead or alive) for it.

there was an article about that the other day.

nobody knows.

the theory that they were putting forward was that other viruses may have passed through some of the shanty towns previously that were similar enough to grant a level of resistance to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there was an article about that the other day.

nobody knows.

the theory that they were putting forward was that other viruses may have passed through some of the shanty towns previously that were similar enough to grant a level of resistance to the new one.
    Warm weather

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Warm weather
    yes that seems to help, but Florida is pretty warm and that was a nightmare earlier in the year