+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thanks for the support but shouldn't that have been answering the first sarcastic comment form Jordi Cule?
    He knows I'm being sarcastic, it's my general demeanour.

He's supporting you because he's realised that sometimes you come across as dull as an empty packet of Wotsits.

Be grateful someone cares.

Hugs, kisses, catches and love.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He knows I'm being sarcastic, it's my general demeanour.

He's supporting you because he's realised that sometimes you come across as dull as an empty packet of Wotsits.

Be grateful someone cares.

Hugs, kisses, catches and love.
    Dull? lmao but not blinkered.

Dull? lmao but not blinkered.
    You’re not blinkered?

So the countless discussions you have on here in relation to any topic are supported with hard evidence and not just the ramblings of your over excited mind.

I apologise, profusely. I’ve marked you down all wrong.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You’re not blinkered?

So the countless discussions you have on here in relation to any topic are supported with hard evidence and not just the ramblings of your over excited mind.

I apologise, profusely. I’ve marked you down all wrong.
    I d0n't ramble and you have no duty to read what I write so don't read it. On the internet, as I've mentioned before, everyone seems obsessed with 'hard evidence' demanding lonks and proof of every thing. Send me your address and when I take a shit I'll send you the hard evidence.
    I just speak from my own knowledge gained over many years of life and very varied experience, just as you might chat to someone in a pub, I'm not in the debating chamber of the house of clowns in the bay.
    For what it's worth I think you are a bigotted troll who looks for people who's politics you thinks differs from yours or whom you think are weak, and then you target them. Enjoy!

Wales is banning people from other areas in the Uk with a high number of cases from visiting the country;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54540764

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales is banning people from other areas in the Uk with a high number of cases from visiting the country;-

Does this mean that we can't sign Harry Wilson?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Does this mean that we can't sign Harry Wilson?!

Quite right. Well done Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    By Friday apparently. Seems a very sensible move especially when you see those idiots in Liverpool dancing in the streets who are more than likely going to affect others.

I agree, seems madness to let them travel out of their county, we can’t even leave cardiff and it’s low compared to Liverpool etc...

International

That'll take some enforcing!

That'll take some enforcing!
    Wouldn't take long to identify a car load of scousers down in the rural west!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Wouldn't take long to identify a car load of scousers down in the rural west!
    Speeding: ?:

International

They have been doing it to a degree by stealth for a couple of weeks.
    The test centres used to have people from all over the country coming to them but for the last 2 weeks no one from outside the test centre local area has been able to book at test.
    How can it be that you can enter a restricted area to go to work or to school but you cannot enter it to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness?

It's a political move and little to do with protecting us. I had a look at the paper which Prof Drakeford quotes as the evidence and the conclusion is.... the easing of the lockdown rules in July/ August has corresponded with an increase in cases with data suggesting that increases in Wales may be driven by imports from other parts of the UK and wider world
    And how do you police this? The Severn Bridge has 30,000 vehicles cross into Wales each day. That will continue.

In North Wales 36,000 workers move out of their areas to work each day, and 23,000 come in to these areas...

In South East Wales the figures are 57,000 out, 32,000 in

This is not to say they they commute to England but they move in and out of their localities and there must be some traffic to England

Trying to stop tourists from high risk areas is not viable when there is such a large amount of daily traffic anyhow, and probably not worth the immense effort required to police it properly.

AS I said earlier our FM seemingly can't help trying to score points

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It's a political move and little to do with protecting us. I had a look at the paper which Prof Drakeford quotes as the evidence and the conclusion is.... the easing of the lockdown rules in July/ August has corresponded with an increase in cases with data suggesting that increases in Wales may be driven by imports from other parts of the UK and wider world
    And how do you police this? The Severn Bridge has 30,000 vehicles cross into Wales each day. That will continue.

In North Wales 36,000 workers move out of their areas to work each day, and 23,000 come in to these areas...

In South East Wales the figures are 57,000 out, 32,000 in

This is not to say they they commute to England but they move in and out of their localities and there must be some traffic to England

Trying to stop tourists from high risk areas is not viable when there is such a large amount of daily traffic anyhow, and probably not worth the immense effort required to police it properly.

AS I said earlier our FM seemingly can't help trying to score points
    https://www.polfed.org/news-media/la...n-regulations/

The head of the Police Federation in Wales has already said that the rules are unenforceable.

19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.

International

19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.
    In one area they were restricted because of a spike and excess deaths but the mojority were in 1 or 2 hospitals as I understand. If you take out the nbumbers you know are froma specific cause, like the university students, how do we know what the fiugres look like then

I was interested to see before the weekend that Mark Drakeford said that all their evidence told them that the increase was in the community and among extended families, and that there is no evidence to support the clamour that it is caused by pubs and restaurants. Not often I applaud him but I admire his honesty on the point.

Sadly 2 days later Gethin said he might close the pubs to stop the spread. It really is a knee jerk reaction. The easiest target and one that everyone notices, but the affect is dubious. To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.

To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?
    People going to local pubs and back to someone’s house post pub is the main issue I hear.

Figures up 40% in a week. Some more radical action is needed if this virus is to be contained.

To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.
    Why.? They might have caught it in one pub then passed it on in another pub.

Then gone and spread it at work or wherever.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science...-wave-covid-19

The hospitality industry has been singled out by Chris Whitty for spreading the virus, but the evidence is anything but clear-cut.

They have been doing it to a degree by stealth for a couple of weeks.
    The test centres used to have people from all over the country coming to them but for the last 2 weeks no one from outside the test centre local area has been able to book at test.
    How can it be that you can enter a restricted area to go to work or to school but you cannot enter it to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness?
    Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.

International

Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.
    I know the number of tests being carried out has dropped dramatically, and that was ordered by the government 2 weeks ago. As an example Abercynon in that period hasn't seen 1 person from outside Wales or indeed from outside RCT. Which makes me ask 'Why are they not doing the other 600 odd tests a day they could be?'. What I said this is a fact. And who can book where is controlled by the government, not the test centres. There must be a reason.