+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    People touch clothes and spend longer browsing them. You don't touch the different brands of cornflakes to decide which you like best.
    I think you might be surprised with what folk touch in supermarkets, just watch folk testing fruits for the ripeness, or squeezing bread for freshness , looking at the longer best by dates with their hands , some just after picking thier snouts , and scratching their arse.

I wonder how many wash thier hands after the toilet .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think you might be surprised with what folk touch in supermarkets, just watch folk testing fruits for the ripeness, or squeezing bread for freshness , looking at the longer best by dates with their hands , some just after picking thier snouts , and scratching their arse.

I wonder how many wash thier hands after the toilet .
    Yes, obviously people touch things, I'm not suggesting they use telekinesis.

Given that most of us believe the situation will get worse for a few months at least what is the position with regard to the replacement Nightingale hospital in Cardiff. If there isn't a replacement to the Principality Stadium facility could a potential shortage of beds be the reason why Wales has gone for their firebreak earlier than the rest of the UK? Google reveals nothing about a replacement but surely there must be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Given that most of us believe the situation will get worse for a few months at least what is the position with regard to the replacement Nightingale hospital in Cardiff. If there isn't a replacement to the Principality Stadium facility could a potential shortage of beds be the reason why Wales has gone for their firebreak earlier than the rest of the UK? Google reveals nothing about a replacement but surely there must be one?
    Isn’t there one being built at the Heath hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Isn’t there one being built at the Heath hospital?
    But has it been built? Or is Wales left exposed by the lack of facilities leading to the early decision to "firebreak?"

But has it been built? Or is Wales left exposed by the lack of facilities leading to the early decision to "firebreak?"
    None of the ones in Wales were actually needed last time around, I guess they should have a better idea of what additional capacity they'll need this time too.

Re the one in the principality stadium apparently the last beds weren't due to be decommissioned until the end of October or Early November anyway, so perhaps they'll keep some capacity there.

It’s not ready yet, they only started it a few weeks ago. It’s flying up though. It’s a good idea because any Covid patients can be treated in this separate unit, and hopefully, the hospital can carry on doing what it’s supposed to be doing in saving the lives of the many 1000’s who dont have coronavirus and are dying anyway.....

It'll be ready in a few weeks, certainly by December for phase 1. I know because i'm one of the contractors on the project. Site is 24/7 and we're working as hard as we can to get it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    It'll be ready in a few weeks, certainly by December for phase 1. I know because i'm one of the contractors on the project. Site is 24/7 and we're working as hard as we can to get it up and running.
    Thanks. It also possibly explains why the Welsh government want to slow things down as they might not otherwise be ready if there is a sharp spike.

Thanks. It also possibly explains why the Welsh government want to slow things down as they might not otherwise be ready if there is a sharp spike.
    Could be, but its not a bad thing to do either way

It probably won’t get used, but good to have for future virus problems

Will people be allowed to drive to Brecon to go to the butchers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Will people be allowed to drive to Brecon to go to the butchers?
    You can cycle

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Couldnt people just drive over the bridge and do clothes shopping ? ? ?? dont tell the welsh nationalists that though welsh pounds for welsh people and all that
    During a national lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    During a national lockdown?
    Open goal.

Seeing the plastic covering certain aisles is incredibly odd and any other time would be ridiculed, just another day this year though. Don't know if the world has lost its marbles or I have, got pulled for not wearing my mask in St David's earlier, I was convinced I still had it on

Always shit on the English side of the bridge (or football stadium) 😁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-54660888

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    How anyone could even joke about paying to watch another human being get knifed in the face is beyond me. Maybe you're just trying to sound big.
    We are talking Boris Twathead mind, does he qualify as a human being?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    despicable

depraving the " Whippet rescue trust " of the PPV fee

Lower than low
    I'll send them two cans of pedigree chum. Cant have Northern whippets going hungry.

Northern kids on the other hand.

The most cases in Wales on a single day I reckon, not far short of 1,400, but, then again the number of test almost reached 1,500 which is half as much again as you see on many days - Cardiff over 300 cases and RCT and Swansea both over 250.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The most cases in Wales on a single day I reckon, not far short of 1,400, but, then again the number of test almost reached 1,500 which is half as much again as you see on many days - Cardiff over 300 cases and RCT and Swansea both over 250.
    Notice there’s not many, or any deaths in Cardiff despite the biggest numbers

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Notice there’s not many, or any deaths in Cardiff despite the biggest numbers
    Without looking at the detail of the numbers I'd say that the Cardiff numbers are disproportionate with more under 25s being positive. They're going home back to their halls of residence to spread to others, not home to mum dad and grandma who would be more likely to die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Without looking at the detail of the numbers I'd say that the Cardiff numbers are disproportionate with more under 25s being positive. They're going home back to their halls of residence to spread to others, not home to mum dad and grandma who would be more likely to die.
    700 students in Cardiff have tested positive.

700 students in Cardiff have tested positive.
    If only......700 students from Cardiff University have tested positive vis NHS tests. Almost 300 more have tested positive via the universities testing.

And that's just from Cardiff University. There is also the University of South Wales in Cardiff with thousands of students so it's likely they will have plenty testing positive too.