+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 290 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

I wonder if the chinese went out and cleared the shelves of every store in their lock down ?
    serious question

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I wonder if the chinese went out and cleared the shelves of every store in their lock down ?
    serious question
    No, I didn't witness anything of that to be honest. I visited the supermarkets quite frequently and didn't notice any panic buying, in fact, it was almost the opposite... the supermarkets were quieter than normal. People didn't want to risk entering crowded places.

Also China limited their deaths because everyone was locked down for over a month, longer in the worse hit areas.

Italy had 500 deaths in a day this week, does it matter if they were older and weaker people? How many more would have died if the lock downs weren;'t in place.

Blow up economies, saddle generations with a vast amount of debt to repay and taking a hammer to the purchasing power of the pound versus hoping to extend the lives of the aged who are already seriously ill for maybe a year or two. I'll opt for the latter.

Those who choose the former should remember not to grumble when they have to dig very deep for years on end to help finance it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Blow up economies, saddle generations with a vast amount of debt to repay and taking a hammer to the purchasing power of the pound versus hoping to extend the lives of the aged who are already seriously ill for maybe a year or two. I'll opt for the latter.

Those who choose the former should remember not to grumble when they have to dig very deep for years on end to help finance it all.
    You don't seem to realise how much worse this will get if it isn't contained.

Hospitals will become overwhelmed and lots of other people will die (This has already started happening in Italy). In Italy and Ireland a lot of people who have been admitted to ICUs and have needed breathing assisstance have been people under 60. If the hosptials get overwhelmed people like this will die.

Do you think a Tory government would **** up our economy just to save a few old and sick people?

Chinese coronavirus scores on the doors are: number of cases, 80,967; number of deaths, 3,248; mortality rate, 4.%. almost like the lockdowns helped slow infections and save lives. Are you believing numbers put out by the Chinese government now?

China's population is 1,408 million, meaning one in every 433 thousand Chinese citizens thus far have died. almost like locking the country down saved lives

Unable to pinpoint any official Chinese data re the age and gender of the deceased.

But whatever their stats are they are unlikely to differ in a material way to what's coming out of Europe where in Germany the youngest deceased is 67, eldest 94, the majority of whom had chronic conditions (cancer, lung disease).

In Italy, the average age of those who have died is 81 years... 90% being over 70, 10% 90+.

80% of the deceased had suffered from two or more chronic diseases. 50% of the deceased had suffered from three or more chronic diseases. The chronic diseases include in particular cardiovascular problems, diabetes, respiratory problems and cancer.

Less than 1% of the deceased were healthy persons, i.e. persons without pre-existing chronic diseases. Only about 30% of the deceased are women.

The Italy info came from this report: https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronav...9_13_marzo.pdf

It appears the US, UK, EU and others are prepared to close down large sectors of their economies for an indefinite period, place restrictions on their citizens' liberties and create an infinite amount of new debt to combat a problem that almost exclusively kills the weakest and eldest who are already on their last legs. do you honestly think these governments would do this if there was no risk?
    Are you a bit thick or just stubborn

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Are you a bit thick or just stubborn
    Ah, you again. You keep having a pop, oh brainy one. The attached is just for you, and it definitely isn't a random choice.

This leaves me to assume that you are not that old

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This leaves me to assume that you are not that old
    I have no problem with those who understand the consequences of allowing inflation to rip and having to shoulder the extra tax burden because of the measures the government has taken and promised to take (unlimited spending). If I was older I wouldn't be much concerned as I haven't any health conditions.

I love that song 👌

Death rate of infected in Iran is over 7%. That would be a better comparison than China.

China is basically like Europe and the UK is smaller than a lot of the Chinese provinces. Will the UK be Hubei or Gunagdong?

Ah, you again. You keep having a pop, oh brainy one. The attached is just for you, and it definitely isn't a random choice.

It was a question more than a pop. I don’t think you’re thick at all, I just think your unable to change your viewpoint because of how stubborn you are.

Do you think the measures being put in place are good or bad?

It was a question more than a pop. I don’t think you’re thick at all, I just think your unable to change your viewpoint because of how stubborn you are.

Do you think the measures being put in place are good or bad?
    Bad. I think .gov should spell out repeatedly in simple language who are most at risk and that they should stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as practicable.

Bad. I think .gov should spell out repeatedly in simple language who are most at risk and that they should stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as practicable.
    But if there isn't complete self isolation infection will spread massively and hospitals will get overwhelmed. Even young people have been in intensive care and on ventillators. Hospitals getting overwhelmed means these people will start to die.

If the infection spreads there is more chance of older and vulnerable people getting it too.

I agree something has to be done to protect the economy, smaller businesses and self employed people. But Fracne and Italy have managed to do that.

This is what you previously thought

My hypothesis is it's a mild form of flu released by the ChiComs that's not life threatening to anyone other than east Asians and is less of a risk to east Asians themselves than the flu umpteen thousands die of every year when bronchitis or pneumonia set in. Put another way, it's tons of hype with very little substance to those who choose to look beyond the hype, which you and others appear incapable of. If you care to view footage from China their citizens' body temperature is checked whenever they take to the streets by people using a handheld device.

It's widely accepted that during Chairman Mao's tenure their utterly ruthless Communist Party deliberately killed around 60 million Chinese citizens, mostly by starvation. And China is far more overpopulated today than then.
    so it doesn't really matter what you think now

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is what you previously thought

so it doesn't really matter what you think now
    Okay, my opinion doesn't matter. I don't care what you think about anything too. Not being horrible, I just couldn't care less.

Okay, my opinion doesn't matter. I don't care what you think about anything too. Not being horrible, I just couldn't care less.
    I know that, of course I know that.

And you won't care that these times are character amplifiers and you've gone from 3 weeks ago being known as one of the funny ones on the board, to now being the conspiracy idiot who would happily see our old or ill family members die. Speedy work.

But these measures are the only thing that have worked in China and Italy.

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time
    Have they worked in China?

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...
    I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

Whether I believe the numbers for total number of deaths is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

Whether I believe the numbers for total number of deaths is another matter.
    That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.

That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.
    Well it's a judgement but based on that my colleagues usually work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm and for over 2 months they were at home barely working and now they're back. I just don't think they would have stopped work like that for so long for nothing and then starting again without being sure the situation was better.

I don't believe the official numbers they put out at all though.

Banned

Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.
    Yes they were still all going to restaurants and bars well into the lock down, I think the UK will be more like Italy because a lot of people don't seem to think it's an issue.

Yes that’s the biggest issue do we believe China’s figures.