+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

So 'flu' as most people know it as is obviously called some other scientific name which i don't know and most of the population don't know
    But what ever the correct name for 'flu'
    Is it still a virus,

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    So 'flu' as most people know it as is obviously called some other scientific name which i don't know and most of the population don't know
    But what ever the correct name for 'flu'
    Is it still a virus,
    Wrong.....Flu is the body's reaction to being infected with a specific virus. If there was no reaction the person wouldn't get ill.
    The virus causes the body to react in a way that gives the symptoms we call flu, but the virus itself is not flu

I'll try to give a similar example. Some people get hayfever usually caused by grass pollen. Grass pollen is not hay fever, but for sufferers breathing pollen to your nostrils in even a small amount can cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms, runny nose , cough etc. Its the body's reaction to pollen, but the pollen itself is not hay fever but it causes hay fever

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep wiped out 30,000 in 2017 alone didn’t it? Didn’t even make news
    Exactly but some think we have a vaccine

What are you babbling on about?

We have a number of vaccines against the flu. The flu is caused by a virus. It has a number of strains. We vaccinate against the strain that was most prevalent in the Southern Hemisphere during their winter. A flu vaccine doesn't offer 100% protection against the flu, but it offers a lot more protection than not having a vaccine at all.

We do, it would no doubt take more if we didn’t. Like it did in 2017 when it needed a tweak I believe

So the latest figures of people who have sadly passed away due to covid 19 is 46,555 with no vaccine is a reason to lock us down?
    When the flu with a vaccine sadly kills similar amount of people, but like got posted earlier before does not get reported.

So the latest figures of people who have sadly passed away due to covid 19 is 46,555 with no vaccine is a reason to lock us down?
    When the flu with a vaccine sadly kills similar amount of people, but like got posted earlier before does not get reported.
    After so many months of this do you genuinely not understand that the reason the figures are similar is because we've been locked down for so much of the year and if we hadn't been then the Covid numbers would be huge?

Does it? How many died from flu last year?

The ons have recorded 61k death certificates mentioning covid. Additionally how many hundreds also died of covid in Welsh care homes during the first phase that didnt get tested and subsequently had an inaccurate cause registered on the death certificate.

This was a big thing at the time in Aneurin Bevan. I remember the manager of one in Newport saying she lost 15 residents in a fortnight. None had been tested positive, so the doctor refused to specify covid ascause of death.

We'll never know the true total, we do thou know the official party line figure announced daily is horse shit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    The ons have recorded 61k death certificates mentioning covid. Additionally how many hundreds also died of covid in Welsh care homes during the first phase that didnt get tested and subsequently had an inaccurate cause registered on the death certificate.

This was a big thing at the time in Aneurin Bevan. I remember the manager of one in Newport saying she lost 15 residents in a fortnight. None had been tested positive, so the doctor refused to specify covid ascause of death.

We'll never know the true total, we do thou know the official party line figure announced daily is horse shit.
    But the opposite is also true. Because Covid is a "Reportable disease" if it is suspected to be present he has to put it on the death certificate, even if the person was suffering from terminal cancer. Its a no win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the opposite is also true. Because Covid is a "Reportable disease" if it is suspected to be present he has to put it on the death certificate, even if the person was suffering from terminal cancer. Its a no win situation.
    Fair point.

Didn't happen here thou for what ever reason or motive, not in my health board anyway, were certifying gp's acting on instruction from the corona? That's the suspicion. We wont know for sure until if and when a full investigation of practices during the pandemic is carried out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post

On the flip side lots of terminal cancer patients, many of whom only had weeks to live, were given Covid as cause of death. Any old infection would have done it probably. The “with Covid” certification is a load of cobblers

On the flip side lots of terminal cancer patients, many of whom only had weeks to live, were given Covid as cause of death. Any old infection would have done it probably. The “with Covid” certification is a load of cobblers
    I agree with this. I reckon the Excess Deaths figures are comfortably the best indicator of the effect of Covid-19.

There have been periods during 2020 when the overall number of deaths in the UK has been below the five-year average. That was the case as recently as early-September. However, the figures for April and May were massively above average and they are definitely on the rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I agree with this. I reckon the Excess Deaths figures are comfortably the best indicator of the effect of Covid-19.

There have been periods during 2020 when the overall number of deaths in the UK has been below the five-year average. That was the case as recently as early-September. However, the figures for April and May were massively above average and they are definitely on the rise again.
    And it could just even out as August was well below average. As sad as it always is, people are always going to die of something, sometimes out if the blue, sepsis will be even bigger in the next few years as antibiotics have become overused. Suicides being the biggest killer of men under 45 and you know it’s going to get a lot worse if we don’t get in top of this virus soon.

You're right, when someone with terminal cancer got Covid and died they should specify "any old infection would have done it probably" on the death certificate

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're right, when someone with terminal cancer got Covid and died they should specify "any old infection would have done it probably" on the death certificate
    Exactly what happened to my old man with liver cancer....infection after infection....then pneumonia for the final nail. Don’t think they put another infection down, think it was that cancer thing.

Hasn't that criticism also been levelled at the flu figures you've been quoting?

I read somewhere that in 93% of deaths with Covid on the death certificate it is considered the main underlying underlying cause. Which is far higher than deaths recorded and published as 'associated with flu'. Tbh, I can't remember where I read that but it stuck in my mind.

Oh no, not the flu thing again.

Covid is much more contagious. It's killed more people so far than a year with flu, and that's with practically the entire world taking extreme measures.

It doesn't mean I'm in favour of full lockdowns; that's a sign that the pandemic has been badly handled.

Bullshite
    I know of two friends who have had the death certificate of loved ones changed because they didn't die of covid 19.
    How many more?

What I am saying is the figures are similar without a so called vaccine.

Are they? Link?

What about the figures without the lockdowns? What do you think they would be then? Still similar? How can you not understand this?!

And that's if you believe everything you read or are told

Worldometer will give you covid 19 daily cases world wide.