+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Did I just hear that the virus has evolved into a different strain in Sweden, and jumped from animals to humans on a mink farm.

The vaccine that is going to save the world may just have become outmoded......

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Did I just hear that the virus has evolved into a different strain in Sweden, and jumped from animals to humans on a mink farm.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...cientists-warn

Err.... it was Denmark, not Sweden. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54835538

Err.... it was Denmark, not Sweden. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54835538
    It happened in Spain last summer, they killed about 100,000 of them. For some reason they can catch it from humans and spread it....

Wasn’t there also a difference in the Spanish strain picked up by tourists and brought back here in August/September?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd also say that although there are terraced streets like the one I now live on in Cardiff, there are far more of them up here - people tend to live much closer to each other up here and I believe this makes it easier for the virus to spread, it cannot be a coincidence that the virus has been most prevalent in the poorest areas this autumn.
    Yes. Also ive noticed areas in the Cynon Valley with a higher proportion of terraced houses seem to have a higher rate. Loads of families who more or less live next door to each other.

Additionally the average age in most valleys towns is significantly higher than in Cardiff, not including places like treforest.

Another farce which only makes it harder for the public to have faith in "the science".

A chart shown on Saturday's Prime Ministerial briefing which claimed there could be 1,500 deaths a day next month, has now been downgraded to a 1,000 a day - still bad, but how can you have any faith in the new figure?

The people not listening could find themselves in lockdown for months.....

Covid: Lockdown 'should continue for months' in Merthyr https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Covid: Lockdown 'should continue for months' in Merthyr https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54837387
    If they are not listening, what difference would it make.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

But Mr Drakeford has already said there will be no more local lockdowns here in Wales! So if they don't listen maybe we'll all be locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But Mr Drakeford has already said there will be no more local lockdowns here in Wales! So if they don't listen maybe we'll all be locked down.
    Hopefully he will make an exception. Why should we suffer in Cardiff because some twats in Merthyr aren’t doing what they should be?

That's not what he said is it?

I thought he said that the national lockdown would definitely end on he 9th, and the plan was for the local lockdowns that were previously in place to end then also.

That doesn't mean there will not be any more local lockdowns, unless he's made another statement that I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That doesn't mean there will not be any more local lockdowns, unless he's made another statement that I've missed.
    I’d be surprised if there were as the advice paper to the WAG that brought about the firebreak lockdown effectively said the local lockdowns weren’t working and should be discontinued.

International

I thought he said that the national lockdown would definitely end on he 9th, and the plan was for the local lockdowns that were previously in place to end then also.

He said there will be no more localised restrictions after the lockdown ends and anything would be at national (Wales) level. Therefore I think my comment stands

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No it's not. If someone tests positive they're asked for all their contacts - including work, restaurants bars etc., where they have been when they became infected. That can be anytime up to 14 days before the test proved they had Covid19.[ the person may have had symptoms for up to 14 days prior] If they visited the cafe in question during that period, NHS track and trace contacts all those tel numbers of people who have been to the cafe during that period, and are then instructed to self isolate for 14 days. That's what it says on the Govt. webpages - it's not an opinion, it's a fact..
    Utter bollocks.

No it's not. If someone tests positive they're asked for all their contacts - including work, restaurants bars etc., where they have been when they became infected. That can be anytime up to 14 days before the test proved they had Covid19.[ the person may have had symptoms for up to 14 days prior] If they visited the cafe in question during that period, NHS track and trace contacts all those tel numbers of people who have been to the cafe during that period, and are then instructed to self isolate for 14 days. That's what it says on the Govt. webpages - it's not an opinion, it's a fact..
    As the Gunman says. Utter bollox.

Contact tracing and how it works.

https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect...#section-42170

Someone you have been in close proximity during a period beginning up to 2 days before they developed symptoms.

Yes it can take 14 days to develop symptomsm. But its the contacts 2 days before not 14 - I believe ive read thats because they think you can become infectious 2 days before - not 14.

In short if someone youve been in close contact with develops symptoms within 2 days of you being in contact with them you isolate. If not your ok.

In order to hopefully avoid any further confusion on Monkfish's part, close contact is defined by the NHS as:

Having face-to-face contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 less than 1 metre away (this will include times where you have worn a face covering or a face mask). Spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. Travelling in a car or other small vehicle (even on a short journey) with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or sitting close to them on a plane.

It does not include sitting a cafe in which somebody who tested positive for Covid-19 also sat in ten days ago.....

We need Miltia groups on the street's and fast.

Let's hope we don't see a drop in cases during the firebreak , because of less testing ?? just to prove a point ??

International

He said there will be no more localised restrictions after the lockdown ends and anything would be at national (Wales) level. Therefore I think my comment stands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54748184

Jesus Christ

International

Shirley with so many testing positive but not needing hospitalisation there must be more and more people inthe community who will have antibodies to give them immunity for 4 - 6 months at least.
    Seems silly but the more people get it the less people can get it, and more importantly pass it on.
    I know that is the principle of herd immunity and I'm not advocating that as a strategy, but maybe it will happen by default. So many people in Merthyr have it now (are testing positive) you'd imagine that in a month or twos time it would be almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.

...almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.
    Let's hope Welsh Government have the sense to keep the Merthyr women in lockdown then.

Shirley with so many testing positive but not needing hospitalisation there must be more and more people inthe community who will have antibodies to give them immunity for 4 - 6 months at least.
    Seems silly but the more people get it the less people can get it, and more importantly pass it on.
    I know that is the principle of herd immunity and I'm not advocating that as a strategy, but maybe it will happen by default. So many people in Merthyr have it now (are testing positive) you'd imagine that in a month or twos time it would be almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.
    It's still only one in three who are being tested who are positive I believe and the rate per 100,000 in Merthyr has gone down a bit in recent days - there's still plenty more people there who've not had it than there are who've had it I bet.