+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh well, a record 7,100 plus new cases today and seventy one deaths - presumably there's a degree of catching up from the weekend in those figures.
    I'm sure that's right but the trend is worrying. Boris and Professors Doom and Gloom (as one newspaper called Whitty and Valance) are to give a press conference tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Meanwhile over on Twitter, "Magna Carta" is trending as Zoe from Ipswich demands a lawful uprising based on Article 61, only to be told by Steve from Birkenhead that she's an idiot because the power given in Article 61 was taken away a year later 1216.

Both Zoe and Steve heard of Magna Carta 20 minutes ago.

The world has absolutely lost it
    I'm betting my house Zoe voted for Brexit and if she lived in the USA she'd be a Trump voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm sure that's right but the trend is worrying. Boris and Professors Doom and Gloom (as one newspaper called Whitty and Valance) are to give a press conference tomorrow.
    And of course Boris will intercept any interesting questions posed to D&G

Breast screening: One million women in UK may have missed scans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54351262

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    But but but but Corbyn would have done worse blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Can you imagine the response of the media and the right of the Labour party if Corbyn had been prime minister and had "handled" this crisis in exactly the same way as Boris had done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Can you imagine the response of the media and the right of the Labour party if Corbyn had been prime minister and had "handled" this crisis in exactly the same way as Boris had done?
    It doesnt bare thinking about.

Who would've thought the bumbling cuuntwaffle doesn't even read his own briefs or notes?

Hang on...

If he continues at this rate I see him writing another book before New Year. He won't have to take time off from being a PM to do so either.

It doesnt bare thinking about.
    And that’s the naked truth

Looks very serious.

Looks very serious.
    That’s a nightmare, no doubt a good few oldies will perish in there

Spoke to nurse friend who works there the other day and she said it was quickly filling up, literally over a couple of days. Must be horrific up there to have 80 cases and this i fear will be a catalyst to pass through hospitals across south wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Spoke to nurse friend who works there the other day and she said it was quickly filling up, literally over a couple of days. Must be horrific up there to have 80 cases and this i fear will be a catalyst to pass through hospitals across south wales.
    I think enough is enough. This is getting really serious now. I hope we wake up and end all this pissing around and have a national lockdown again, and by national I mean UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think enough is enough. This is getting really serious now. I hope we wake up and end all this pissing around and have a national lockdown again, and by national I mean UK.
    I and 1000’ of others don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I and 1000’ of others don’t.
    I think we've known that for a long time

Eight dead and six in intensive care at Royal Glamorgan Hospital.

Taken from the BBC's rolling coverage;-

Eight patients have died with coronavirus at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital following an outbreak, the health board has confirmed.

Planned surgeries have been cancelled after 82 cases were linked to the hospital in Llantrisant.

Staff at the hospital in Rhondda Cynon Taf, one of the areas in Wales under a local lockdown, are being tested amid the outbreak.

Paul Mears, the new chief executive of Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board, said that eight patients had died and six patients were in intensive care.

Planned surgeries have been temporarily suspended and patients who would usually be taken to A&E at the hospital in an emergency will also be sent elsewhere as part of the plan from 14:00 BST.

Mr Mears said the situation had escalated quite rapidly over the weekend and at the beginning of this week.

He said: “Clearly the situation is very significant there and is posing a challenge to us in terms of managing the spread of infection within the facility."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think we've known that for a long time
    Years

Some better news, although the study only relates to England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54366478

Some better news, although the study only relates to England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54366478
    It's very difficult for me to see much good news in any of the reports that are publicised. So many "experts" have so many differing views it's difficult to make any sense out of them. For example this quote from the BBC article counters the conclusion that cases are slowing down:

"However, Prof Oliver Johnson, from the University of Bristol, said the conclusion that cases were slowing down was "wrong and dangerous".

We expect experts to be more or less on the same page; they look at the same science and figures and conclude differently causing either false hope or exaggerated fears. It must be very difficult for central and regional governments to know what to do next.

It's very difficult for me to see much good news in any of the reports that are publicised. So many "experts" have so many differing views it's difficult to make any sense out of them. For example this quote from the BBC article counters the conclusion that cases are slowing down:

"However, Prof Oliver Johnson, from the University of Bristol, said the conclusion that cases were slowing down was "wrong and dangerous".

We expect experts to be more or less on the same page; they look at the same science and figures and conclude differently causing either false hope or exaggerated fears. It must be very difficult for central and regional governments to know what to do next.
    If I read it correctly, the previous R value shown for this survey was 1.7, now they're saying it's 1.1 - assuming the criteria used to arrive at these values was the same, it has to be good news doesn't it?

If I read it correctly, the previous R value shown for this survey was 1.7, now they're saying it's 1.1 - assuming the criteria used to arrive at these values was the same, it has to be good news doesn't it?
    If read in isolation yes. The other "expert", Prof Oliver Johnson said 1.4.

If read in isolation yes. The other "expert", Prof Oliver Johnson said 1.4.
    Interesting that Madrid Is locking down again as cases are 800 per 100,000, what is it in cardiff 47? Over cautious here now?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Interesting that Madrid Is locking down again as cases are 800 per 100,000, what is it in cardiff 47? Over cautious here now?
    Their lockdown is also more severe.