+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

All parties responded cautiously yesterday.

The only real difference was when few tougher questions were asked Drakeford answered clearly and confidenly whereas Boris immediately starts stuttering , stammering and struggled to get his sentences out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All parties responded cautiously yesterday.

The only real difference was when few tougher questions were asked Drakeford answered clearly and confidenly whereas Boris immediately starts stuttering , stammering and struggled to get his sentences out.
    All these arguments are really unnecessary and disguise the fact that the likely availability of the vaccine should be celebrated and not be the subject of political differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    All these arguments are really unnecessary and disguise the fact that the likely availability of the vaccine should be celebrated and not be the subject of political differences.
    I think the caution from the government was more to stop people coming out of a lockdown and just acting like things are normal.

It's definitely a massive thing to be celebrated but we still need to get to the point where people are getting it before letting our guard down.

It's fair enough for the papers or the general public to celebrate this, but I wouldn't want Drakeford or Johnson celebrating this yet, cautious but hopeful seems to be the right tone at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's fair enough for the papers or the general public to celebrate this, but I wouldn't want Drakeford or Johnson celebrating this yet, cautious but hopeful seems to be the right tone at this stage.

Drakeford disappointed me as he suggested that the data should be read carefully because it came from a a competitor company in this field. The data was published by Pfizer but it was the results of a 43,000 patient study conducted in a controlled way by doctors in many parts of the world.

Bojo just stumbled through and said it was good news.

The study is exciting because the results are so good and the side effects apparently low. Further Pfizer, like AZ, has taken a business risk and already made millions of doses.

If our regulatory authorities approved the drug for use today it could be leaving the factory tomorrow. This isn't a maybe in the future thing, this is now. Even Pfizer say its ready to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    This playing politics is getting ridiculous on all sides now.

It is far too important for our leaders to play party games
    I dont think they did yesterday to be fair.

I thought Drakeford and Johnson did what they should. Be cautious.

All these arguments are really unnecessary and disguise the fact that the likely availability of the vaccine should be celebrated and not the subject of political differences.
    Of course.

Its great news. Im actually stunned. 90% effective. Isnt the flu 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course.

Its great news. Im actually stunned. 90% effective. Isnt the flu 50%?
    Yeah 50-60% on a good year I think.

The good thing about it being 90% is even if some people are reticent to take it, the herd immunity isn't as important when it's this strong.

I hope they can release some info to show people vaccines don't have latent issues (other than in one case I think) and the way these are made there is almost no chance of latent issues.

You might get short term side effects like the flu jab but as long as what they've told us about the trials is right they're perfectly safe.

Conspiracy theorists will have a field day though.

Just 444 new cases reported in Wales;-

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just 444 new cases reported in Wales;-

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    That's a big change, hopefully it is borne out over the next few days.

RCT down to 55 and Merthyr 19

Torfaen now the highest rate, followed by Bridgend

(why do we have so many areas in South Wales, I mean what is the point of Torfaen or Blainau Gwent?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a big change, hopefully it is borne out over the next few days.

RCT down to 55 and Merthyr 19

Torfaen now the highest rate, followed by Bridgend

(why do we have so many areas in South Wales, I mean what is the point of Torfaen or Blainau Gwent?)
    Don't know if anyone's interested, but the trend suggested by the low figure did not really come to pass - it almost doubled the following day and was at 797 yesterday. In saying that, those figures are significantly down on what had become the norm over the previous fortnight, so it's still pretty good news and I would say it's still much too early to draw conclusions about how effective or otherwise the firebreak lockdown was.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Like he said....nothing to do with party politics
    Succinct.

Today my Mrs had a positive test for covid 19,i have to now go into isolation my first break from work scince Christmas.
    She has no symptoms but where she works there are 4 with symptoms.The problem is i will only be paid ssp i still have to pay the rent and bills.I can understand how people still go to work even when they should not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Update from the front: it was much quieter in the city centre today when I went in at lunchtime. Busier than before the firebreak lockdown and there were small queues outside some of the shops, but it was a good deal less hectic than Monday.
    The Secret Diary Of Dave Gunman, Age 56 & 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    The Secret Diary Of Dave Gunman, Age 56 & 3/4
    Cheeky swine - it's 53 & 3/4.

In my experience, Splott's been pretty much the same as always throughout the pandemic. Grim.

this testing thing isnt working

a outbreak in my daughters school, my wife has had a bit of a cold for a few days ( no C19 symptoms ) Thursday i had a bit of a cough, nothing over the top ( a cold normally shows as a cough with me )

we had started our lockdown here, so i wasnt going out anyway

Friday we are told one of my oldest daughters friends mum has tested positive, the son was off school

My wife still had her cold and our the oldest daughter had a bit of a cold, i still had a slight cough and a very strong metallic taste in my mouth all the time

Saturday morning we have a cooked breakfast and my wife said she cannot taste anything, so i get online a book tests for the 3 of us, we were throwing the completed tests in the " collection bin " at 12.10 , we were told we should get the results tomorrow morning ( sunday )

Well its Tuesday night and still no results

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this testing thing isnt working

a outbreak in my daughters school, my wife has had a bit of a cold for a few days ( no C19 symptoms ) Thursday i had a bit of a cough, nothing over the top ( a cold normally shows as a cough with me )

we had started our lockdown here, so i wasnt going out anyway

Friday we are told one of my oldest daughters friends mum has tested positive, the son was off school

My wife still had her cold and our the oldest daughter had a bit of a cold, i still had a slight cough and a very strong metallic taste in my mouth all the time

Saturday morning we have a cooked breakfast and my wife said she cannot taste anything, so i get online a book tests for the 3 of us, we were throwing the completed tests in the " collection bin " at 12.10 , we were told we should get the results tomorrow morning ( sunday )

Well its Tuesday night and still no results
    Mate of mine waited 6 days for a result here in Cardiff 2/3 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Sounds to me like the testing is working, there was an outbreak at the school you were all isolating and developed potential symptoms so isolating was the right thing to do until a test confirms it.

It’s not going to stop everyone getting it.
    The testing isnt really doing alot in our case, we are doing it all by isolating ( the test hasnt made any difference yet, and its been 4 days down the line )

my worry is that the " school's 6 form bubble " is still going about life as the school will not do anything before a positive test result, so a faster test result will mean the school can act faster and stop the spread, or am i over thinking that ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mate of mine waited 6 days for a result here in Cardiff 2/3 weeks ago

6 days is just too much, in the case of schools they will not doing anything till a test result is known

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The testing isnt really doing alot in our case, we are doing it all by isolating ( the test hasnt made any difference yet, and its been 4 days down the line )

my worry is that the " school's 6 form bubble " is still going about life as the school will not do anything before a positive test result, so a faster test result will mean the school can act faster and stop the spread, or am i over thinking that ? ?

6 days is just too much, in the case of schools they will not doing anything till a test result is known
    The sooner they get the 20 minute test everywhere, the better mate. The loss of taste thing makes me feel it will be positive but you never know. Alll the best.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The sooner they get the 20 minute test everywhere, the better mate. The loss of taste thing makes me feel it will be positive but you never know. Alll the best.....
    Cheers mate

Yes all 3 positive, Im feeling a little rough at the mo, blinding headaches and struggling to control my body temp, either sweating like hell or freezing cold

told school and some from my daughter bubble have been sent home this afternoon, they have only been mixing for 4 days

Lets see how long T&T get in touch, if its like the test result wait time, I will be out and about and be able to tell the people myself, ive only got till after the weekend in isolation

Sounds to me like the testing is working, there was an outbreak at the school you were all isolating and developed potential symptoms so isolating was the right thing to do until a test confirms it.

It’s not going to stop everyone getting it.

International

Just acouple of things I heard onb the radio today whilst driving around.

This virus has to be kept at low temperatures of about -80 for storage but is stable for up to 48 hours after being taken out of that and mixed with another liquid for vaccination and then stored in a fridge. Such as in a pharmacy or doctors surgery.
    A GP leader said when interviewed that the plans to deliver vaccine had been on going 'for some time' and they didn't envisage any serious problems when the time came.
    The rapid tests being done in Liverpool are apparently to try to find those who are asymmetric, but someone from NHS said anyone testing positive from a quick test will then be sent to a test centre for another confirmatory test like people are having now.

As a comment on where PHW is ready or not, I was at the NHS Distribution centre near Newport yesterday sand the Virus lab personnel were out loading large polystyrene boxes about 600x600x600 in which were deep cold containers for vaccine. It belies the comment that nothing was being done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

This virus has to be kept at low temperatures of about -80 for storage but is stable for up to 48 hours after being taken out of that and mixed with another liquid for vaccination and then stored in a fridge. Such as in a pharmacy or doctors surgery.
    A GP leader said when interviewed that the plans to deliver vaccine had been on going 'for some time' and they didn't envisage any serious problems when the time came.
    The rapid tests being done in Liverpool are apparently to try to find those who are asymmetric, but someone from NHS said anyone testing positive from a quick test will then be sent to a test centre for another confirmatory test like people are having now.

As a comment on where PHW is ready or not, I was at the NHS Distribution centre near Newport yesterday sand the Virus lab personnel were out loading large polystyrene boxes about 600x600x600 in which were deep cold containers for vaccine. It belies the comment that nothing was being done.
    At least the boxes were symmetric

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

There are specific groups of people in the UK who will be getting this very soon and that no just the elderly ,its great news for a lot of worried folk who are working close to this virus on a daily basis .