+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think proximity of the company developing it would make much difference would it?
    I think we've got a lot more of this one ordered so it will be a bigger deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think we've got a lot more of this one ordered so it will be a bigger deal for us.
    And surely getting something from the USA or a lab in Oxford, the latter would be more straightforward? Sure I heard the Oxford one doesn’t have to be stored at super low temps either

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Interestingly, the Oxford vaccine has done almost 6 months of testing apparently, compared to the recent ones announced that have only managed three. Expect some bigger news from this one which has been producing it behind the scenes for longer. Surely this one, right in our door step is the one we will get first?
    I hope the AZ/Oxford one is successful because the UK gov has purchased 100m doses of it. 30m of the Pfizer one, which is likely to be the first approved for us in UK, and 5m of the Moderna vaccine which we won't get until Spring 2021

I think the pharmaceutical industry has done a fantastic job getting vaccines ready in such quick time. Just 12 months ago no one had heard of Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I hope the AZ/Oxford one is successful because the UK gov has purchased 100m doses of it. 30m of the Pfizer one, which is likely to be the first approved for us in UK, and 5m of the Moderna vaccine which we won't get until Spring 2021

I think the pharmaceutical industry has done a fantastic job getting vaccines ready in such quick time. Just 12 months ago no one had heard of Covid-19
    Agreed.

Its all good news in my opinion ,especially for health / care workers , the vulnerable and the mental health of so many thousands .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its all good news in my opinion ,especially for health / care workers , the vulnerable and the mental health of so many thousands .
    Good innit! Feeling very blue skies about the future at the moment, vaccines coming, Biden winning, Tories falling apart, - I'm almost glad we look like doing a bit shit this year in the league - go up in style in 22 with fans present.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Good innit! Feeling very blue skies about the future at the moment, vaccines coming, Biden winning, Tories falling apart, - I'm almost glad we look like doing a bit shit this year in the league - go up in style in 22 with fans present.
    All I want is for the virus gone or managed the rest is not important ,people are losing loved ones

All I want is for the virus gone or managed the rest is not important ,people are losing loved ones
    Quite right, I think we can all agree on that , although the reason we want ourselves and our loved ones to be around is to enjoy special times together surely - and I can't wait.. will be taking far greater pleasure in sharing those moments and occasions with both family, friends and 30,000 odd Cardiff fans in the future given this years disaster.

I hate to break this to you, but people are always losing loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but people are always losing loved ones.
    i hate to break this to you but suffocating to death is hopefully not the preffered choice for your loved ones to pass

You also went after Keir Starmer for advocating a national lockdown in England long before it happened, advocated the Barrington Declaration on targeted herd immunity and promoted the petition advocating greater access for people to wander the non-essential aisles of Welsh supermarkets.

If you are confused guess how the rest of us feel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but I don't have a preferred way for my loved ones to pass. I'd prefer they didn't pass at all. But as I know through painful experience, pass they will.
    This is a bit dark gents

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    This is a bit dark gents
    Is a bit...apart from peacefully in ones sleep is there a good way?

International

Do not go gentle into that goodnight......................

china is back to normal - The US and Europe are not - Here's how it succeeded

Basically just testing with tempo & lock downs done strictly

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...0-10?r=US&IR=T

So China can get back to normal without the need for a vaccine so it seems . Why can't the rest of the world ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

So China can get back to normal without the need for a vaccine so it seems . Why can't the rest of the world ?
    Citizens in most other countries wouldn't have put up with the aggressive way that China dealt with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Citizens in most other countries wouldn't have put up with the aggressive way that China dealt with it.
    how about Hong Kong, or Korea or Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how about Hong Kong, or Korea or Vietnam?
    I'm not sure that those three countries were as aggressive with their citizens as China.

Either way, I doubt that approach would have worked in the US or Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Do you believe it? Hong kong hasn’t and it’s part of China and and island?

IMG_20201117_144839.jpg

you can definitely see an effect of the second lockdown now, especially if you assume that without it the increase would have continued unabated or possibly accelerated.
    the question is how low will it go before the effect of the lockdown ends and how quickly will it shoot back up again.
    I can't see it dropping as low as it did over the summer, but hopefully it doesn't re-climb as rapidly

Welsh names are nowhere near as prominent in the list in this link as they were previously, but I notice there has been an increase in cases in Blaenau Gwent over the past few days while the figures are lower everywhere else.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...navirus-uk-map

You'd like to think that they can still come down a fair bit yet (I notice the R is below 1 now in Northern Ireland after a four week lockdown that has just been extended), but, after the debate as to whether a Welsh lockdown was necessary about a month ago, I think there may well turn out to be one about whether it was long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welsh names are nowhere near as prominent in the list in this link as they were previously, but I notice there has been an increase in cases in Blaenau Gwent over the past few days while the figures are lower everywhere else.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...navirus-uk-map

You'd like to think that they can still come down a fair bit yet (I notice the R is below 1 now in Northern Ireland after a four week lockdown that has just been extended), but, after the debate as to whether a Welsh lockdown was necessary about a month ago, I think there may well turn out to be one about whether it was long enough?
    I notice that Cardiff has gone up by 1 today. A tiny amount but it is the first rise for many days.

Hope it doesn't carry on tomorrow.

My concern was that they didn't keep the area lockdowns where necessary after the circuit break,

Merthyr for example remained very high straight after ( don't know where it is now) and of course people from Merthyr were able to go outside the area for the first time in weeks. Many may well have come to work in Cardiff, so it wiil be interesting to see the Cardiff toll again in a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I notice that Cardiff has gone up by 1 today. A tiny amount but it is the first rise for many days.

Hope it doesn't carry on tomorrow.

My concern was that they didn't keep the area lockdowns where necessary after the circuit break,

Merthyr for example remained very high straight after ( don't know where it is now) and of course people from Merthyr were able to go outside the area for the first time in weeks. Many may well have come to work in Cardiff, so it wiil be interesting to see the Cardiff toll again in a couple of weeks
    Those people from Merthyr would probably have been coming to Cardiff to work during the firebreak though. If you travelled to Merthyr today, your chances of catching Covid off a resident would be much higher than catching it from someone from Cardiff on a day trip wouldn't they, so I don't understand why the opposite should apply to me if I came to Cardiff as someone who, as far as I'm aware, does not have the virus currently I'd be far more likely to catch it off someone from Cardiff than someone who was down from the valleys for the day.

I don't get the thinking behind the line that if Cardiff sees an increase in cases in the coming weeks it must be down to people from other areas close by bringing the infection with them. The figures for the Rhondda are bad, but, generally, not as bad as Merthyr's, if cases start to rise again where I live in the coming weeks, I won't be putting that down to people from Merthyr coming here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54965126

Northern Ireland are letting limited fans back into grounds aswell Bob. Hopefully we won't be far behind, i would feel more safe and social distanced down the city with 2000 fans spread all over the ground than in the some of the pubs which are open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54976362

I firmly believe that the excess deaths figures are the clearest indicator of the effects of the pandemic. These figures don't rely on any diagnosis or certification, so I believe they present the truest picture of the situation.

The UK figure for 2020 now tops 70,000 and is still rising.