+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A change to self isolation rules in Wales from tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55236684
    10 days now then. Might take the kids out of school next weds onwards, they could see their grandparents properly maybe on Boxing Day

Anyone know anyone who has had a letter about a vaccination date?

The Christmas obsession is ridiculous.

The shops are going to be rammed. People packing into each others houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Christmas obsession is ridiculous.

The shops are going to be rammed. People packing into each others houses.
    Pretty quiet in cardiff city centre today am.....quite shocked to see but well pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pretty quiet in cardiff city centre today am.....quite shocked to see but well pleased.
    Think many have done their shopping earlier than usual this year or done it all online. Have a friend who works in Asda and he was saying the last week has been unusually quiet for early December.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Think many have done their shopping earlier than usual this year or done it all online. Have a friend who works in Asda and he was saying the last week has been unusually quiet for early December.
    The city centre seemed reasonably quiet towards the end of last week, but Asda in Leckwith was the busiest I’ve ever seen it yesterday mid-morning. That said, I doubt many people there were Christmas shopping as it’s not that big a store, so I suppose it was just one of those things.

I think a lot of people got the bulk of their Christmas shopping done the week after the firebreak lockdown ended. I guess many feared further restrictions, so took the opportunity then. The city centre was certainly busy that week.

Seems like more and more people that I know are getting it.

At least 5 people that I know from the Workingmens club in Newport that my Dad uses are positive in the last 5 days.

There’s no evidence that they caught it there, but maybe the closures are for the best at the moment.

It’s getting beyond absurd over here.
    4398 new cases in Virginia alone yesterday and people still think it’s nothing.

I despair!

Suggestions action may need to be taken before Christmas in Wales

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55245053

International

When a Government leader has to stand up and say something is not out of control it's usually a fair sign that something is out of control.

It reminds me of 1979 when Jim Callaghan had to fly back from an overseas function in a hurry and when he got off the plane he said "Crisis? What crisis?"

Anyone know anyone who has had a letter about a vaccination date?
    My better half has had an email from the health board asking for her details. Hasn't had a vaccine appointment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My better half has had an email from the health board asking for her details. Hasn't had a vaccine appointment yet.
    Think they plan to roll it out to GP surgery’s over the next few weeks. My mothers not heard anything yet and she’s 87.

Think they plan to roll it out to GP surgery’s over the next few weeks. My mothers not heard anything yet and she’s 87.
    Given there is only 800000 vaccines in the UK - sufficient for 400000 people - I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Given there is only 800000 vaccines in the UK - sufficient for 400000 people - I'm not surprised.
    Wasn’t there supposed to be a few more million by the end of December? Wales got 40,000 of that 800,000 I heard. I wonder how many over 85’s there are in Wales?

Wasn’t there supposed to be a few more million by the end of December? Wales got 40,000 of that 800,000 I heard. I wonder how many over 85’s there are in Wales?
    about 85000

(prior to the pandemic :( )

Has she got a hearing aid?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Has she got a hearing aid?
    No, but she f in needs one

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/...mpression=true

interesting article, apparently we have had the vaccine since January

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/...mpression=true

interesting article, apparently we have had the vaccine since January
    I read about people working on this, ie the way it combats a virus, for the last 10 years, almost like they’ve been waiting for such an event. One of the reasons we have the vaccines so quickly along with funding being no issue.

International

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55259497

Remind me again, when is that new covid facility at the Heath going to be up and running with 400 extra beds? It's the 1st December isn't it? you know, the one to replace the one in the Stadium.

Except it's not is it? I think 140 are available and the rest will be ready just when they're not needed. You cannot beat preparation and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Remind me again, when is that new covid facility at the Heath going to be up and running with 400 extra beds? It's the 1st December isn't it? you know, the one to replace the one in the Stadium.

Except it's not is it? I think 140 are available and the rest will be ready just when they're not needed. You cannot beat preparation and planning.
    are they needed currently?

Secondary and primary now shutting a few days early.....

https://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/re...c25/25420.html

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are they needed currently?
    well Drakeford and his men keep telling us the NHS facilities are overrun and using it as reason for further constraints, so it must be. He wouldn't be economical with the truth would he?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...0-bed-19391905

Phase 1 opens today. With 160 or so beds. Phase 2 will be complete mid to end of January and will accommodate up to 400 acting as recovery and will certainly help a lot of the burden on the main hospital. I'm actually on site as part of the design team and very proud how we've built what we have in such a short space of time. No ****ing about, no politics, just an awful lot of guys grafting their asses off and working together 24/7 to get the facility up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...0-bed-19391905

Phase 1 opens today. With 160 or so beds. Phase 2 will be complete mid to end of January and will accommodate up to 400 acting as recovery and will certainly help a lot of the burden on the main hospital. I'm actually on site as part of the design team and very proud how we've built what we have in such a short space of time. No ****ing about, no politics, just an awful lot of guys grafting their asses off and working together 24/7 to get the facility up and running.
    Good job....you should all sit back enjoy Christmas and be proud.....

International

Good job....you should all sit back enjoy Christmas and be proud.....
    I agree, good job. If it is late it's not your fault, it's the fault of the government for not commissioning it in time. It was supposed to be finished for 01 December, and bearing in mind they were ware of a potiential rise in infection they should never have closed the Stadium facility before it was up and running.