Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fecking grow up the pait of you

Doh!

12 week lockdown after Christmas is the mumbling coming out of the Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Yep - End of March minimum.

Sorry but where has this 12 weeks come from? That would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Sorry but where has this 12 weeks come from? That would be catastrophic.
    It’s nonsense mate

The firebreak worked well then. Well done Mark Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The firebreak worked well then. Well done Mark Drakeford.
    It's an acknowledgement that, while the Welsh Government started the firebreak at the right time, they ended it far too soon. It was a foul up but I'm sure the virus figures will also escalate in England after Xmas.

Today's news is covering a story that the Welsh virus figures have been under reported due to a statistical omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's an acknowledgement that, while the Welsh Government started the firebreak at the right time, they ended it far too soon. It was a foul up but I'm sure the virus figures will also escalate in England after Xmas.

Today's news is covering a story that the Welsh virus figures have been under reported due to a statistical omission.
    I agree with that - for me, the WAG did a decent job under the circumstances up until the end of the Firebreak and then it all seems to have gone wrong and, frankly, given the 11,000 unreported cases you mention (see link)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55105307

announcing a new, strict, lockdown, which is not for a set time, that starts three days after Christmas has to make you wonder why we are waiting ten days for it to begin seems like party politicking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with that - for me, the WAG did a decent job under the circumstances up until the end of the Firebreak and then it all seems to have gone wrong and, frankly, given the 11,000 unreported cases you mention (see link)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55105307

announcing a new, strict, lockdown, which is not for a set time, that starts three days after Christmas has to make you wonder why we are waiting ten days for it to begin seems like party politicking to me.
    Exactly, if it’s so bad, you start now.

Xmas is going to **** the shit out everything - Unfortunate, but don't know how you'd avoid it, it's not like there would ever be thousands of Covid cops knocking on doors on Xmas day so people would congregate regardless.. Just guess we have to live with the fact most of us are selfish numpties and we are willing to let people die rather than make sacrifices, and spend 3 months banged up for the sake of a couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Just guess we have to live with the fact most of us are selfish numpties and we are willing to let people die rather than make sacrifices, and spend 3 months banged up for the sake of a couple of days...
    I wonder of all these big family togethers and house parties will really happen? I have my doubts. No doubt there will be some such events, but will they be widespread? I'm not sure they will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder of all these big family togethers and house parties will really happen? I have my doubts. No doubt there will be some such events, but will they be widespread? I'm not sure they will.
    I think the last few years have shown us that around 40-52% of the population are complete ****ing retards so I imagine they will.

It could well be more like this than just January I reckon.
    On the news it's been slow going on dishing out the vaccine too, even though its early doors and should get smoother.

He's taken a right kicking this last month Drakeford and he'll want to make sure with his one size fits all approach.

International

The current restrictions were for 17 days so they cease to be effective on 20 Dec and everything should revert to what it was before in the absence of any new instruction to the contrary.

All the chat is about post-christmas lockdown, i.e. from 28 Dec.

so what rules apply from 20 -28 excpet for pubs closing at 18.00 on25th?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The current restrictions were for 17 days so they cease to be effective on 20 Dec and everything should revert to what it was before in the absence of any new instruction to the contrary.

All the chat is about post-christmas lockdown, i.e. from 28 Dec.

so what rules apply from 20 -28 excpet for pubs closing at 18.00 on25th?
    We are in Tier 3.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We are in Tier 3.
    As I said in the other thread, my understanding is that the Tier system starts after christmas, not before.

As I said in the other thread, my understanding is that the Tier system starts after christmas, not before.
    Don't think they will bother with tiers after Xmas - Full lockdown.
    Last edited by Freitag 4.17; 16-12-20 at 19:08. Reason: Ned tO gIve mY Kbpoard abloody good clean

Easter was mentioned in passing by Boris the other day. Partly because that's when the weather may start to get warmer, and partly when a useful number of the highest risk groups would have had their second dose of vaccine.

Sorry didnt see that. I believe your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Don't think they will bother with tiers after Xmas - Full lockdown.
    Bringing the tier system in, and starting everyone in the highest will enable some movement down into lower tiers on a regional basis throughout the next 3 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Bringing the tier system in, and starting everyone in the highest will enable some movement down into lower tiers on a regional basis throughout the next 3 months or so.
    I just have a feeling the death rate will be such that we will be looking at an hour allowed out a day again... hope I'm wrong.

International

what has happened to the certifying of the Oxford Vaccine?

The Pfizer one was cleared fast enough and they said the Oxford one was also being assessed but for over a week now I've seen and heard nothing at all about it.
    After all that one is the game changer, its cheaper already made in great quantity, the UK gets first delivery and it doesn't need very cold storage.

what has happened to the certifying of the Oxford Vaccine?

The Pfizer one was cleared fast enough and they said the Oxford one was also being assessed but for over a week now I've seen and heard nothing at all about it.
    After all that one is the game changer, its cheaper already made in great quantity, the UK gets first delivery and it doesn't need very cold storage.
    A cynic could say they're waiting to announce it the same day as no deal?

Telegraph still reporting it'll be rolled out by end of the year https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...te-latest-who/