+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 290 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

I hate to say it but this also looks like a case of GPs not wanting to pick up the tab for care on their watch. Internal market in the NHS. When my dad transferred from hospital to care home here in the Midlands, his GP in Cardiff had to pay for the ambulance transfer 10 minutes up the road, causing a 5 hour delay whilst the responsibility for the bill was sorted out. Just on the news, Wolverhampton is having a drive through CV testing station coming on stream tomorrow. You can only go if you pass the 111 test. Just to throw into the mix, the hospital where dad has been, and by a strange coincidence my daughter, has had a CV case. Upper Ninian for me on Sunday! Meanwhile, I hope anyone feeling unwell makes a speedy recovery. From recent experience, the NHS is already stuffed and wont cope with an epidemic.

Should we be worried. We bloody should be. https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/s...077697538?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Should we be worried. We bloody should be. https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/s...077697538?s=21
    Have an italian work mate she says the situation there is much worse than what we are being told.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Have an italian work mate she says the situation there is much worse than what we are being told.
    Fascinating. Did she provide proof, are you going to elaborate, or is it another one from the rumour mill?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    On the news just now, if you in Italy and are over 65 in the worst affected areas, no chance of life-saving care eg heart attack, stroke. Complete lack of IC beds and staff under severe strain.Their health care system can't cope. Boris "wash your hands" Johnson will sort it out, don't worry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    On the news just now, if you in Italy and are over 65 in the worst affected areas, no chance of life-saving care eg heart attack, stroke. Complete lack of IC beds and staff under severe strain.Their health care system can't cope. Boris "wash your hands" Johnson will sort it out, don't worry.
    Those words of "let's spend it on the NHS instead" will come back to bite him on the arse, whether our death rate is 10, 100, 1000 or more.

An interesting take on how America are (not) going to cope
    https://apple.news/AyuaHQhxeTSuTR9CI0J5cuA

People who have had Covid don't need to be vaccinated ,interesting report ,could speed the vaccine on if adopted ?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....01.21258176v2

French going for it :

While addressing the nation on Monday, the French President announced Covid vaccines would be compulsory from September for health workers to help curb the rising number of cases. He also said special passes would be required for anyone wanting to go to a restaurant or on a train or a plane.

He said: "We must go towards vaccination of all French people, it is the only way towards a normal life.

"A new race against the clock is on.

Covid in Scotland: Move to 'modified' level zero but face coverings remain , https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57820417

will we match up

Ooooooh a brave Labour MP

A WELSH Labour MS has said unvaccinated people should be denied access to events and venues when current Covid restrictions are lifted.

Alun Davies has said those rejecting the assistance of vaccination should face consequences of their decision.

The Member of Senedd for Blaenau Gwent shared a news story about the introduction of tougher restrictions on the unvaccinated in Italy and said he would like to see similar measures in Wales.

He told his more than 11,000 Twitter followers: “I hope that the Welsh Govt will use our covid passes in this way to reduce regulations when the time is right for everyone who is fully vaccinated.”

The headline of the news story he shared read: “Unvaccinated people banned from public transport, coffee shops and gyms in Italy.”

Will he backing Ikeas decision to cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid and in some cases for workers who test positive.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

A WELSH Labour MS has said unvaccinated people should be denied access to events and venues when current Covid restrictions are lifted.

Alun Davies has said those rejecting the assistance of vaccination should face consequences of their decision.

The Member of Senedd for Blaenau Gwent shared a news story about the introduction of tougher restrictions on the unvaccinated in Italy and said he would like to see similar measures in Wales.

He told his more than 11,000 Twitter followers: “I hope that the Welsh Govt will use our covid passes in this way to reduce regulations when the time is right for everyone who is fully vaccinated.”

The headline of the news story he shared read: “Unvaccinated people banned from public transport, coffee shops and gyms in Italy.”

Will he backing Ikeas decision to cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid and in some cases for workers who test positive.
    Dictating what people can or can't do due to a PERSONAL CHOICE they've made. Dangerous and downright disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Dictating what people can or can't do due to a PERSONAL CHOICE they've made. Dangerous and downright disgusting.
    Why?

I know a few people who have made a personal choice not to learn to drive, pass a test or obtain a licence. I have no concerns with the government's stance that they should be prevented from driving a car on the roads. Safer for all that way!

Their choice though!

Maybe I'm just not a libertarian?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That personal choice could impact on other people, that’s dangerous and downright disgusting. Selfish people who should be facing the consequences of their personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That personal choice could impact on other people, that’s dangerous and downright disgusting. Selfish people who should be facing the consequences of their personal choice.
    How? If they pass it onto a vaccinated person then they’ve been vaccinated so shouldn’t require hospital treatment. Or so we are told.

Besides, people are still catching it and passing it on vaccinated or not. I’ve been jabbed 3 times and I’m now thinking why bother when apparently it’s only effected for 10 weeks.

Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...-consequences/

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...-consequences/
    Posted by moi on this very thread two days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He (Alun Davies ) can say that though , he’s exempt from this legislation if they bring it in for this workplace

https://www.heraldscotland.com/polit...owded-commons/

Should he even still be in Government ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55720106

Covid-19 - worldwide deaths, 4,267. Covid-19 mentions in the media, 1.1 billion.

Or 1 Covid-19 death = 257,000 mentions in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is some evidence that Spanish flu was just regular seasonal flu, and it was only the fact that so many people were malnourished and living in very poor conditions as a result of the great war that made it so deadly
    That would make sense , as good nourishment provides the necessary benefits to ones immune system , along with poor sanitation it would kill anyone.

Banned

9 more cases in Wales, most linked to a Port Talbot case. 15 cases in Wales, population 3,139,000.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    9 more cases in Wales, most linked to a Port Talbot case. 15 cases in Wales, population 3,139,000.
    15 cases so far. That have been tested and confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    An interesting take on how America are (not) going to cope
    https://apple.news/AyuaHQhxeTSuTR9CI0J5cuA
    I heard somewhere earlier that there are only 70 000 testing kits in America - 1 for every 5000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, in short. Why should the action of a single Government make me more or less worried than the actual stats.

For example, someone who tested positive said it was like a cold, another like the flu. The question, why is the death rate so high in Italy is a valid one. Are significantly more older people getting the disease there for example. I could run out and buy loads of loo roll and pasta.
    Health service is crippled by it by the sounds of it. I'm not worried for myself but both my parents are both in the high risk category for various reasons. There hasn't really been any specific advice for more at risk people, it's almost like the government wants them to die off.