+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Does the Oxford or Pfizer vaccine reduce transmission? I am ****ing sick of staying in for like 9/10 months and if it reduces transmission, would that mean it would be safer to go out by Spring?
    I seem to remember the Pfizer vaccine stops you from getting very ill but doesn't necessarily reduce transmission

Pfizer CEO "not certain" it will stop transmission: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nsmission.html

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Has anyone else, like me, received a letter this week from the NHS in respect of taking part in random Covid testing? Kit arrives by post and gets collected by courier.
    A friend of mine had one about 2 months ago and my mother in law 2 weeks ago - but she s now in a care home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A friend of mine had one about 2 months ago and my mother in law 2 weeks ago - but she s now in a care home.
    Both my wife and I participated in a COVID test survey a few months ago. I did the test that involved taking a swab from the back of the throat and a nasal swab. The kit arrived by post and was collected by a courier. The arrangements worked well.

My wife did the test that involved pricking the finger and placing blood on a card, getting the result from that and sending the picture to the government's researchers which I think involved Imperial College. It was a while ago so can't remember the precise details.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Both my wife and I participated in a COVID test survey a few months ago. I did the test that involved taking a swab from the back of the throat and a nasal swab. The kit arrived by post and was collected by a courier. The arrangements worked well.

My wife did the test that involved pricking the finger
    and placing blood on a card, getting the result from that and sending the picture to the government's researchers which I think involved Imperial College. It was a while ago so can't remember the precise details.
    Better than the other way around perhaps.

Well I hope to keep posting if the same thing happens to me....

Boris just introduced Tier 4 for areas in England.

Tier 4 areas cannot mix at Christmas and in other areas Christmas bubbles reduced to 1 day

Over 3,000 new cases in Wales today while we wait about to celebrate something which occurs right in the middle of the time when the virus will thrive.

Boris scoffed at Keir on Wednesday about cancelling Christmas. Now 3 days later this.

Drakeford will follow I think.

Boris scoffed at Keir on Wednesday about cancelling Christmas. Now 3 days later this.

Drakeford will follow I think.
    Surely you must see that it would be irresponsible for any government not to act in the light of changing situation. Apparently the figures have got very much worse in the last 24 hours due to the new mutation which increases transmission rate by 70% so the government had no choice but to act.

I hope Drakeford does follow suit but he will want to do things his way and follow his usual anything but England strategy.

I see Sturgeon has a press conference at 5.30pm today so a Welsh one is inevitable.

Surely you must see that it would be irresponsible for any government not to act in the light of changing situation. Apparently the figures have got very much worse in the last 24 hours due to the new mutation which increases transmission rate by 70% so the government had no choice but to act.

I hope Drakeford does follow suit but he will want to do things his way and follow his usual anything but England strategy.

I see Sturgeon has a press conference at 5.30pm today so a Welsh one is inevitable.
    Personally Im very sceptical about this new mutation that they are pedalling, seems very convenient, where I live all the rich have left town, the private schools have now closed and the fauntleroys have all headed to the Cotswolds or their mansions in Monaco, I'll bet you that by the time the private schools open in mid January, London will be eased down a tier or two and Boris will be spouting off.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally Im very sceptical about this new mutation that they are pedalling, seems very convenient, where I live all the rich have left town, the private schools have now closed and the fauntleroys have all headed to the Cotswolds or their mansions in Monaco, I'll bet you that by the time the private schools open in mid January, London will be eased down a tier or two and Boris will be spouting off.
    Yeah it is clearly being used as cover for them making a complete cockup of everything again, they have known about it for months.

It was the silver bullet they've been waiting for. As you say, the pheasant and trimmings will be scoffed down by the toffs [ie politicians] behind closed doors while the little people stay at home on their own, heads bowed cowering in fear..

The illness is real and it seems to be spreading more.

I guess our only way out is a vaccine. They are apparently, going to approve the Oxford one a few days after Xmas (see a post I made in the previous page that links to a Telegraph article) and if they give the half dose first, then that vaccine alone would be enough for the whole UK population (based on the amounts we have ordered). If it is standard dose first, then we will have enough vaccines, as the government have ordered Pfizer and Moderna ones. But with this second paragraph, I am a random guy on an MB so some nuances will be missed but back to the point, the virus mutation seems real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    The illness is real and it seems to be spreading more.

I guess our only way out is a vaccine. They are apparently, going to approve the Oxford one a few days after Xmas (see a post I made in the previous page that links to a Telegraph article) and if they give the half dose first, then that vaccine alone would be enough for the whole UK population (based on the amounts we have ordered). If it is standard dose first, then we will have enough vaccines, as the government have ordered Pfizer and Moderna ones. But with this second paragraph, I am a random guy on an MB so some nuances will be missed but back to the point, the virus mutation seems real to me.
    Just read the article, sounds optimistic!

Don't trust this shower to actually come through on their promises mind

They couldn’t ignore it. The science changed so they had to combat it. What would keir done? Nothing different that’s for sure

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They couldn’t ignore it. The science changed so they had to combat it. What would keir done? Nothing different that’s for sure
    They did ignore it for months, it was discovered in September. I don't know if you saw PMQs this week but up until then at least Boris was still accusing Starmer of trying to steal Christmas because he was in favour of further restrictions.

There was a protest by about 200 people in Oxford Street today lots of quite straight older folk, there must have been 500 old bill some in full riot gear dispersing them, I doubt it will make the news or papers but I am starting to become sceptical.

My wife did the test that involved pricking the finger and placing blood on a card, getting the result from that and sending the picture to the government's researchers which I think involved Imperial College. It was a while ago so can't remember the precise details.
    The one my friend is involved in was initially weekly tests which has now moved to monthly. The whole household has them. Currently its the covid test but will move to the anti body test.

I agree he should act.

If there was 4 weeks on from Wednesdays performance in Parliament and not days id have more sympathy.

Wales to go into lockdown tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wales to go into lockdown tonight
    Merry ****ing Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55379237

The whole of Wales will be placed under lockdown from midnight with Christmas plans cancelled for all but one day.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55379237

The whole of Wales will be placed under lockdown from midnight with Christmas plans cancelled for all but one day.
    I can understand areas like Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and the valleys going into lockdown due to their high population densities but how can Drakeford possibly justify locking down in rural counties in North, West and Mid Wales where transmission rates are actually lower than parts of England that are in tier one and two. Once again he has panicked to cover his own backside and basically pushed the whole of the Welsh economy down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I can understand areas like Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and the valleys going into lockdown due to their high population densities but how can Drakeford possibly justify locking down in rural counties in North, West and Mid Wales where transmission rates are actually lower than parts of England that are in tier one and two. Once again he has panicked to cover his own backside and basically pushed the whole of the Welsh economy down the drain.
    So the new strain and the virus doesnt pick up and spread in those areas?

So the new strain and the virus doesnt pick up and spread in those areas?
    Carmarthen is bad too