+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    No flu is not a virus. Flu is an unpleasant respiratory disease that can make people very ill. These symptoms are the response and reaction that people get what they are infected with a specific type of virus. The name of the virus is not flu
    Yep wiped out 30,000 in 2017 alone didn’t it? Didn’t even make news

So 'flu' as most people know it as is obviously called some other scientific name which i don't know and most of the population don't know
    But what ever the correct name for 'flu'
    Is it still a virus,

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep wiped out 30,000 in 2017 alone didn’t it? Didn’t even make news
    Exactly but some think we have a vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    What are you babbling on about?

We have a number of vaccines against the flu. The flu is caused by a virus. It has a number of strains. We vaccinate against the strain that was most prevalent in the Southern Hemisphere during their winter. A flu vaccine doesn't offer 100% protection against the flu, but it offers a lot more protection than not having a vaccine at all.

So 'flu' as most people know it as is obviously called some other scientific name which i don't know and most of the population don't know
    But what ever the correct name for 'flu'
    Is it still a virus,
    Wrong.....Flu is the body's reaction to being infected with a specific virus. If there was no reaction the person wouldn't get ill.
    The virus causes the body to react in a way that gives the symptoms we call flu, but the virus itself is not flu

I'll try to give a similar example. Some people get hayfever usually caused by grass pollen. Grass pollen is not hay fever, but for sufferers breathing pollen to your nostrils in even a small amount can cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms, runny nose , cough etc. Its the body's reaction to pollen, but the pollen itself is not hay fever but it causes hay fever

We do, it would no doubt take more if we didn’t. Like it did in 2017 when it needed a tweak I believe

So the latest figures of people who have sadly passed away due to covid 19 is 46,555 with no vaccine is a reason to lock us down?
    When the flu with a vaccine sadly kills similar amount of people, but like got posted earlier before does not get reported.

So the latest figures of people who have sadly passed away due to covid 19 is 46,555 with no vaccine is a reason to lock us down?
    When the flu with a vaccine sadly kills similar amount of people, but like got posted earlier before does not get reported.
    After so many months of this do you genuinely not understand that the reason the figures are similar is because we've been locked down for so much of the year and if we hadn't been then the Covid numbers would be huge?

Oh no, not the flu thing again.

Covid is much more contagious. It's killed more people so far than a year with flu, and that's with practically the entire world taking extreme measures.

It doesn't mean I'm in favour of full lockdowns; that's a sign that the pandemic has been badly handled.

Bullshite
    I know of two friends who have had the death certificate of loved ones changed because they didn't die of covid 19.
    How many more?

Does it? How many died from flu last year?

What I am saying is the figures are similar without a so called vaccine.

Are they? Link?

And that's if you believe everything you read or are told

Worldometer will give you covid 19 daily cases world wide.

I was after the flu predictions without a vaccine.

What about the figures without the lockdowns? What do you think they would be then? Still similar? How can you not understand this?!

Are the figures correct?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What about the figures without the lockdowns? What do you think they would be then? Still similar? How can you not understand this?!
    Exactly.

Are the figures correct?
    One minute you're making an argument about flu and covid figures being similar, the next you're saying figures can't be trusted.

If the government said 'good morning' I would have to go outside to have a look

If the government said 'good morning' I would have to go outside to have a look

It'd be quicker and more reliable to look at your watch.

All I know is that I had a jab on Tuesday which makes it less likely that I will get flu this winter and that means that, although of course, it's possible that I may die of the flu in the next few months, if it were not for Covid, I would now be going about living the life I considered normal until last March because I would not be taking measures to ensure I didn't catch flu.

If there was a similar injection for Coivd I could have, I'm confident that my life would be able to return to what it was like previously - I'd not be bothered in the slightest whether such an injection was, strictly speaking, a vaccination or not and I reckon there would be millions who'd feel exactly the same as me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All I know is that I had a jab on Tuesday which makes it less likely that I will get flu this winter and that means that, although of course, it's possible that I may die of the flu in the next few months, if it were not for Covid, I would now be going about living the life I considered normal until last March because I would not be taking measures to ensure I didn't catch flu.

If there was a similar injection for Coivd I could have, I'm confident that my life would be able to return to what it was like previously - I'd not be bothered in the slightest whether such an injection was, strictly speaking, a vaccination or not and I reckon there would be millions who'd feel exactly the same as me.
    Want to know more, Bob?

EXC: The chair of the UK's vaccine task force showed “official sensitive” government documents to a $200-a-head event for elite US venture capitalists last week

Kate Bingham, a Boris Johnson appointee, showed guests a list of products which the government is set to invest in (a thread): https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/...46591010971649
    In her talk she said she expects all over-50s to have vaccine available by Easter. It includes this nugget:

But she also showed docs predicting up to 40% may never take it. There's “concern” over whether vaccines will “actually work". There isn't “any data” on whether it works for those with flu

As a result officials are mulling a major “three-visits” programme that will see vulnerable given on flu vaccine and two for COVID next year. She also disclosed that the government will “literally dispatch roving teams on motorbikes” to deliver the vaccine to the vulnerable