+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My mother in law is in a Care Home.

Been told today shes having the Pfizer vaccine next week.

Bit strange as i thought there was a delay due to the logistics and now the Oxford is available. At least the home is getting done though and hopefully they are doing other places in the area as well.
    If you're not happy about it, you could ask the care home not to give it to her and tell them to wait for the Oxford one.

Wonder how long it will take to get the 1.5 million people 50+ or with underlying conditions vaccinated? They hope to do that many a week in England dont they? But this is Wales.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wonder how long it will take to get the 1.5 million people 50+ or with underlying conditions vaccinated? They hope to do that many a week in England dont they? But this is Wales.....
    UK has 5 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. India has 50 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. They ordered and distributed them in anticipation of the vaccine being approved so they could hit the ground running.

https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/st...361925632?s=19

this is a very stark difference - and northern Ireland is a fair bit lower rate than the rest of the UK.
    I wonder what the reason is ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/st...361925632?s=19

this is a very stark difference - and northern Ireland is a fair bit lower rate than the rest of the UK.
    I wonder what the reason is ?
    Probably Brexit. May as well blame it, it gets the blame for everything else. But seriously, the assumption is that the Eire figures are accurate. They may not be, or may be counted differently.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If you're not happy about it, you could ask the care home not to give it to her and tell them to wait for the Oxford one.
    I didnt say I wasnt happy with it.!

International

I didnt say I wasnt happy with it.!
    I know, just a wind up, sorry. I'm in that kind of mood

But it did read a little bit that way.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    UK has 5 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. India has 50 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. They ordered and distributed them in anticipation of the vaccine being approved so they could hit the ground running.
    I think thats incorrect. I think the total stockpile Oxford has is 50m doses.

I think thats incorrect. I think the total stockpile Oxford has is 50m doses.
    They have 530,000 doses available with another 500,000 due next week. There isn't a stockpile

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    They have 530,000 doses available with another 500,000 due next week. There isn't a stockpile
    The world's biggest producer of vaccines, has already stockpiled about 50 million doses, enough for 25 million people. India will be the first priority for the delivery of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine, Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer, Serum Institute of India, earlier mentioned. "The COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed initially in India, then we will look at the COVAX countries which are mainly in Africa. Our priority is India & COVAX countries," Poonawalla said.

????

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The world's biggest producer of vaccines, has already stockpiled about 50 million doses, enough for 25 million people. India will be the first priority for the delivery of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine, Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer, Serum Institute of India, earlier mentioned. "The COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed initially in India, then we will look at the COVAX countries which are mainly in Africa. Our priority is India & COVAX countries," Poonawalla said.

????
    Yhose figures could possibly be quite correct for the serum that is being manufactured in India, but as the serum for UK is appparently being manufactured in Wrexham I'll try not to worry about it too much

Just more scaremongering.

Yhose figures could possibly be quite correct for the serum that is being manufactured in India, but as the serum for UK is appparently being manufactured in Wrexham I'll try not to worry about it too much

The vaccine being manufactured in India is for the Asian market. In Uk the product is manufactured in Oxford and is filled from bulk into amps/ vials/ syringes by Wockhart in Wrexham

Vial accusations perhaps.

Professor Sarah Gilbert stated on Sky News a few days ago that enough of the Oxford vaccine had been manufactured to meet UK demand but all that remained was for the vaccine to be put into vials and packaged for transport.

According to a You Tube source (Big Jet TV) the government commissioned "Titan" to transport the Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccine from a manufacturing plant in Holland to the UK. A large plane load of the vaccine arrived at Heathrow about an hour ago so things are moving.

The source sounded reliable but as ever take this information with a pinch of salt.

International

Di9d no one ever take 2 different medicines for an illness?
    Seems to me that if you take both and they work in different ways then you are doubling your chances that if one isn't so effective for you then the other one will be.

They aren't going to fight each other.

Seems to me that if you take both and they work in different ways then you are doubling your chances that if one isn't so effective for you then the other one will be.

Yes, but usually the doctor points out if you can't take certain medicines while taking others. The reason the doctor knows, it's been tested.

Yes it seems that way to me too. Next time I have a headache, I'm taking the whole box of pills because it's logical that it will make me feel better quicker.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes it seems that way to me too. Next time I have a headache, I'm taking the whole box of pills because it's logical that it will make me feel better quicker.
    Why not take them all now, stop you getting a headache in the first place? But only if all the 4 chief medical officers in the UK say its
    OK to do it.

I am surprised to learn about the mix and match approach because I don't think the MHRA could have given approval for this based on the data they were given. Shirley this approach is non-licensed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I am surprised to learn about the mix and match approach because I don't think the MHRA could have given approval for this based on the data they were given. Shirley this approach is non-licensed?
    This is what Public Health England say.

“There is no evidence on the interchangeability of the Covid-19 vaccines although studies are under way.” Considering people were complaining that the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines were both "rushed" (they weren't, there was data available from tens of thousands of patients and compared against a control group), God knows how people will be able to defend this step to anti-vaxxers.

This is last chance saloon, they have to get this rollout right. Only 1.6 million to do in Wales, surely we could get it done in a month or so? I still can’t believe they are not doing teachers asap, keep banging on how crucial it is schools are open, but dont mention the teachers getting jabs? There’s probably not even that many over 50....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This is last chance saloon, they have to get this rollout right. Only 1.6 million to do in Wales, surely we could get it done in a month or so? I still can’t believe they are not doing teachers asap, keep banging on how crucial it is schools are open, but dont mention the teachers getting jabs? There’s probably not even that many over 50....
    Agree regarding teachers.
    Yes the nurses, doctors, surgeons, paramedics are doing a fantastic job, but who's looking after their kids?
    Key workers shirley

Amazed to see reports over the weekend that the Chinese government are still denying the virus started in China (wuhan).....let’s hope one day the truth comes out whatever it is

England going into a lockdown. Boris will be on tele at 8pm to tell you all that we will have the virus beat in 12 weeks time thanks to a vaccine strategy that has not been tested anywhere in the world. World leaders. Getting Brexit done. 70,000 dead.