+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Away from all of the talk about managers, a reason why the vaccine needs to be delivered as quickly as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55768627

20210123_100559.jpg

down below 1000 cases for the first time in a long time.

Yesterdays press conference with Johnson and professors doom and gloom was really depressing.

Really shouldn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yesterdays press conference with Johnson and professors doom and gloom was really depressing.

Yes if anyone thinks they are going abroad this summer, forget it, vaccine or no vaccine. New variants of covid will no doubt mean no overseas travel for years I reckon. Hope you all got your fill when times were good.....on the flip side Pembrokeshire is nice in June til September ....

This might make you feel a bit better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55779171

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes if anyone thinks they are going abroad this summer, forget it, vaccine or no vaccine. New variants of covid will no doubt mean no overseas travel for years I reckon. Hope you all got your fill when times were good.....on the flip side Pembrokeshire is nice in June til September ....
    Yes Pembrokeshire is very nice.......not that we’ll have a property to rent down there from Easter....

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Yes Pembrokeshire is very nice.......not that we’ll have a property to rent down there from Easter....
    Why not?

All seems quite straightforward to me, the Labour guy clearly enticed the three fine, upstanding Tories into having a drink and this is all a diversionary tactic to stop people talking about the real issue of importance here - Vaughan Gething's chips from nine months ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All seems quite straightforward to me, the Labour guy clearly enticed the three fine, upstanding Tories into having a drink and this is all a diversionary tactic to stop people talking about the real issue of importance here - Vaughan Gething's chips from nine months ago.
    There is nothing I can see in that link to suggest that they are implying the labour member'enticed' them in any way. How is it a dviersionary tactic? And for what? (Otherthan the chip comment)
    all it is is aan article about someone resigning because he's made a prat of himself. Why try to make it something bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is nothing I can see in that link to suggest that they are implying the labour member'enticed' them in any way. How is it a dviersionary tactic? And for what? (Otherthan the chip comment)
    all it is is aan article about someone resigning because he's made a prat of himself. Why try to make it something bigger?
    I do believe whoosh is the word to be used in these circumstances.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I do believe whoosh is the word to be used in these circumstances.
    I would normally think that but not in your case. It isn't something you do. It is more likely the need to have a dig however trivial because of the colour of the man's politics.

Why not?
    Not quite sure you got my meaning

At least infection rate is still falling.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eaths-19686877

I think years maybe a bit negative. I hope so at least.

I think years maybe a bit negative. I hope so at least.
    Maybe, but until we get a high proportion vaccinated then the virus will continue to change. Unless certain countries are clear of it or the same as the UK in terms of the virus, I can’t see it being allowed.....look at South Africa already for an ie

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ernment-agency

Ministers are at the centre of an explosive row over their failure to protect workers from Covid-19 as the Observer reveals the largest workplace outbreak of the virus has taken place at a top government organisation.

More than 500 cases have been recorded at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency’s offices in Swansea, where employees claim people with symptoms were encouraged to return to work while vulnerable workers have had requests to work from home turned down.

The revelation places the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, under pressure to explain how such an outbreak could have happened in an agency where the strictest workplace rules are supposed to apply.

A complaint received by Public Health Wales’s outbreak control team claims DVLA workers were asked to turn off their test-and-trace apps “so that their phones do not ping”.

It also says absences relating to Covid have been counted against workers’ sick leave, with anything over 10 days triggering a warning.

Yet to hear a good argument for teachers being prioritised for vaccine regardless of age/vulnerability. We are all living in an echo chamber right now though, what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yet to hear a good argument for teachers being prioritised for vaccine regardless of age/vulnerability. We are all living in an echo chamber right now though, what am I missing?
    Prioritised ahead of whom?

I dont think there is a good argument for vaccinating them ahead of group 6, but think they have a case for being grouped towards the top (along with other groups of workers such as retail or supermarket workers) of phase 2. If they are then theres a chance of schools reopening sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Prioritised ahead of whom?

I dont think there is a good argument for vaccinating them ahead of group 6, but think they have a case for being grouped towards the top (along with other groups of workers such as retail or supermarket workers) of phase 2. If they are then theres a chance of schools reopening sooner.
    Yeah I could see that being the likely end result. I have heard/seen teachers claiming that they should have been vaccinated when other frontline workers (!) were vaccinated if the government wanted schools to open.

Heisenberg

I would normally think that but not in your case. It isn't something you do. It is more likely the need to have a dig however trivial because of the colour of the man's politics.
    You've definitely been wooshed here snaggs. Posters who have a history of being pro-Tory were sceptical about the timing of the story breaking and made reference to it being to distract from Drakeford and Gething's recent gaffes.

TOBW was clearly taking the piss. You should've just taken your woosh and left it there before doubling down.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You've definitely been wooshed here snaggs. Posters who have a history of being pro-Tory were sceptical about the timing of the story breaking and made reference to it being to distract from Drakeford and Gething's recent gaffes.

TOBW was clearly taking the piss. You should've just taken your woosh and left it there before doubling down.
    Hello, fancy seeig you here.

Heisenberg

Hello, fancy seeig you here.
    That's better.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    There were too bloody many down here last year. Tenby was overrun.
    Rather you stick to Trecco Bay. I 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    There were too bloody many down here last year. Tenby was overrun.
    Rather you stick to Trecco Bay. I ��
    It’s going to be even busier this summer FLL, my place is almost full from May to sept for the first time ever in January.....in fact I’m keeping the weeks that are free for the family. Come and hang out in cardiff it will be quieter