+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Boris is responsible for England, Drakeford for Wales. Why are we even discussing England on this forum. Its just Tory bashing and nothing more.
    Boris is Prime Minister of the United Kingdom mate.

For further information, please go to www.borisjohnsonukprimeminister.gov.uk

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Boris is Prime Minister of the United Kingdom mate.

For further information, please go to www.borisjohnsonukprimeminister.gov.uk
    well yes, but that doesn't answer the question. This is a health issue and as such in Wales the issue wrests with the Welsh government.

I'll answer - for being a ****
    If he was, it's one of the few occasions Johnson was being sincere and truthful.

Heisenberg

how does any of that affect health policy in Wales?
    It's 9.30 and you're clearly up for being argumentative and contrary today.

I'll humour you though...

Because they obviously effect health policy, you clart.

They resulted in spikes in cases, lack of safety equipment for NHS staff, thousands of deaths in care homes and the failed track and trace (aka Servo track and trace) meant thousands of people not being notified that they should isolate.

If you think they don't have any implication on health policy... Actually, we know that you know the truth but will be an argumentative tit for the sake of it.

Textbook Feedy.

Feedback

It's 9.30 and you're clearly up for being argumentative and contrary today.

I'll humour you though...

Because they obviously effect health policy, you clart.

They resulted in spikes in cases, lack of safety equipment for NHS staff, thousands of deaths in care homes and the failed track and trace (aka Servo track and trace) meant thousands of people not being notified that they should isolate.

If you think they don't have any implication on health policy... Actually, we know that you know the truth but will be an argumentative tit for the sake of it.

Textbook Feedy.
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm merely pointing out that the responsibility for all of that in Wales is with the Welsh government. That's the bit you can't (or don't want to) grasp.

Heisenberg

well yes, but that doesn't answer the question. This is a health issue and as such in Wales the issue wrests with the Welsh government.
    There it is. It's a health issue, apparently.

Not an education issue. Not a welfare issue. It's just a health issue.

Called it.

Feedback

There it is. It's a health issue, apparently.

Not an education issue. Not a welfare issue. It's just a health issue.

Called it.
    its very much a health issue. To suggest its caused by going to school or because you receive tax credits is outright bizarre.

its very much a health issue. To suggest its caused by going to school or because you receive tax credits is outright bizarre.
    It's become a health issue due to all the other failures. There is no argument to be had with that.

Why have so many other island nations managed to stop it becomming "very much a health issue"?

Imagine being so compelled to defend the Tories that you come out with this.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Imagine being so compelled to defend the Tories that you come out with this.
    I'm not defending the Tories, I can't see how Covid19 can be considered an education or welfare issue.

I'm not defending the Tories, I can't see how Covid19 can be considered an education or welfare issue.
    Because you're thick or being obtuse?

Because humans move around, mate.

Failing to do anything to prevent or test people entering the country has been a failing of the UK government.
    The mixed messaging being sent out by prominent Tories, eat out to help out, driving to barnard castle etc again the UK government.
    Millions of pounds given to tory donors to provide goods and services they had no track record of doing.

Test and trace has been an unmitigated disaster.

These are the things that other countries have done to control the virus.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Failing to do anything to prevent or test people entering the country has been a failing of the UK government.
    agreed
    The mixed messaging being sent out by prominent Tories, eat out to help out, driving to barnard castle etc again the UK government.
    Millions of pounds given to tory donors to provide goods and services they had no track record of doing.
    with all due respect we've had mixed messages from right across the political spectrum both here in Wales, from across the UK and right across the political spectrum. its been a shambles of a farce with no coherent plan between the 4 home nations, with guidance changing by the hour on occasions.

Test and trace has been an unmitigated disaster.
    yes, we've seen before that the health service is incapable of delivering IT projects. you'll recall when Labour spunked billions up the wall on an integrated IT system. This still doesn't answer why WG couldn't have developed their own app.

These are the things that other countries have done to control the virus.
    yes, and all fell within the remit of WG but they also did nothing, yet the Labour loving acolytes on this forum can't pull their heads our of their arses. Its been a failing on many different fronts but that doesn't suit the Tory bashing narrative.

I think feedback should take the time to read this CNN report, as you get very little objectivity from a compliant UK media.
    https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1354...715243521?s=19

Politicians didn’t listen to the scientists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55820178

People need to realise this being a "health issue" is a result of the failures not the cause of it.

I can't imagine being so tribal about politics that I'd want to defend the current government.

Heisenberg

I'll bite.

If it's just a health issue, why aren't PHE and the NHS in charge of making all of the decisions regarding the pandemic?

Feedback

I'll bite.

If it's just a health issue, why aren't PHE and the NHS in charge of making all of the decisions regarding the pandemic?
    I'm pretty sure the DHSS dictates the policy that we are seeing, it is why so many in England quite correctly criticise Matt Hancock

Heisenberg

I'm not disagreeing, I'm merely pointing out that the responsibility for all of that in Wales is with the Welsh government. That's the bit you can't (or don't want to) grasp.
    Ummm... Who is in charge of track and trace? PPE? "Putting a protective ring around care homes"? Delaying the initial lockdown? Defending high profile rule breakers and destroying public trust? Deciding whether Cheltenham festival and other high profile sporting events could go ahead?

Nothing devolved in that lot.

Feedback

Ummm... Who is in charge of track and trace? PPE? "Putting a protective ring around care homes"? Delaying the initial lockdown? Defending high profile rule breakers and destroying public trust? Deciding whether Cheltenham festival and other high profile sporting events could go ahead?

Nothing devolved in that lot.

Why couldn't WG develop their own track and trace app? Everything else you mention was also within WG's power, if they wished.

Why couldn't WG develop their own track and trace app? Everything else you mention was also within WG's power, if they wished.
    **** off

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    **** off
    touch a nerve

Heisenberg

I'm pretty sure the DHSS dictates the policy that we are seeing, it is why so many in England quite correctly criticise Matt Hancock
    The pandemic response is dictated by DHSS policy...

Is that your final answer?

Feedback

The pandemic response is dictated by DHSS policy...

Is that your final answer?
    no. that's not what I said at all. The DHSS is responsible for health and welfare.