+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 290 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What is an attack rate?
    Number of infections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    According to Dr Birx at a White House press conference, "In no country to date have we seen an attack rate over One in a Thousand..."
    Is that right? Doesn’t Italy already have over 80000 confirmed cases (JHU) amongst a population of 60m, so 1 in 750? Or am I misunderstanding the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is that right? Doesn’t Italy already have over 80000 confirmed cases (JHU) amongst a population of 60m, so 1 in 750? Or am I misunderstanding the point?
    I bet the figure is also considerably higher than 80,000 too.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Italy has a population of just over 60 million and an "attack rate" of just over 80 thousand. I hope her medical skills are better than her maths.
    Also Switzerland has nearly 12,000 confirmed cases in population of 9m. Spain nearly 58,000 cases in population of 46m. Seems an odd claim to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Also Switzerland has nearly 12,000 confirmed cases in population of 9m. Spain nearly 58,000 cases in population of 46m. Seems an odd claim to make.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48640...-birx-modeling

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Very interesting, makes it seem much less like sure good news really.

If people are really sure it isn't that bad why is the excel now a 4000 bed hospital with 2 morgues and why are the army all using city airport to support it.

Very interesting, makes it seem much less like sure good news really.
    More doom and gloom, hey.

Boris Johnson has tested positively for it apparently.

Weird the people who were saying last week we aren't testing everyone so the death rate isn't that bad are now saying the "attack rate" isn't that bad.

Which is it.

Also Boris now has it.

Excel is being used to alleviate current pressure on other hospitals...

There's a different between short term spikes and longer term issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Excel is being used to alleviate current pressure on other hospitals...

There's a different between short term spikes and longer term issues.
    Yeah that's my point that fact we need them now shows the situation is bad, those spikes won't go away until there is a vaccine. We will have peaks and troughs but they will keep coming.

Yeah that's my point that fact we need them now shows the situation is bad, those spikes won't go away until there is a vaccine. We will have peaks and troughs but they will keep coming.
    Is it a need or is it a precaution? Tbh it's sensible to have suspected coronavirus victims isolated in separate hospitals from "normal" patients. Bugs often spread across wards due to staff and visitors not washing hands.

I stocked up on a fair few things a couple of days ago - had virtue signaller have a go in the car park.

I was getting normal amount immediate family ( wife, kids, cats ) consume. Got some stuff for my mum, currently in self-isolation in sheltered accomodation. Also got stuff for some elderly residents in the street.

Still, I'm a "hoarding bastard"...

Those deliberately hoarding are idiots. Stores don't care, it's a sale.

tell it like it is is just another Wales-Bales I see, use one account you weirdo

tell it like it is is just another Wales-Bales I see, use one account you weirdo
    You appear to be wrong, again.

You appear to be wrong, again.
    Mad that there are two people on here weird enough to use virtue signaller unironically then.

Mad that there are two people on here weird enough to use virtue signaller unironically then.
    You're such a regular Columbo.

Why do you have such a problem with people who don't tell you what you want to hear? Even a person with the fate of the world in their hands is wrong according to you.

It's a need I know the 2 hopsitals near me have already too many patients and the 2 near my parents' the same

We often hear about how the asymptomatic cases hide the true death rate but there is a good case to say that the same is true in balance for unidentified deaths. Interesting article from italy reporting that phenomenon

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_...?refresh_ce-cp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We often hear about how the asymptomatic cases hide the true death rate but there is a good case to say that the same is true in balance for unidentified deaths. Interesting article from italy reporting that phenomenon

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_...?refresh_ce-cp
    Ultimately it's the death rates of those without serious underlying conditions that will give us a truer picture, but what we don't know is how many people would die if we destroyed the global economy? I don't envy the people who are trying to predict the future, as the consequences of getting it wrong could be horriffic.

Seems unreal to be reading things like this.
    Birmingham Airport could become emergency mortuary
    Birmingham airport.jpg
    Birmingham Airport could be used as a temporary mortuary for up to 12,000 bodies in a worst-case coronavirus scenario after talks with several local councils.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Seems unreal to be reading things like this.

Birmingham Airport could be used as a temporary mortuary for up to 12,000 bodies in a worst-case coronavirus scenario after talks with several local councils.
    You want to see the contingency plans for a global economic collapse, they will scare you shitless!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You want to see the contingency plans for a global economic collapse, they will scare you shitless!
    I'm not sure this penny has dropped. I'm close to the 70+ age group yet am far more worried for my children and grandchildrens' futures. There was already a period of reckoning coming for global economies. This could tip literally everything over the edge of a cliff..

Matt Hancock tests positive as well.