Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Longer.

I think March is the best hope.
    Ya, I think we should have a "MARCH FOR PUBS" as well

Re: Coronavirus update

Longer.

I think March is the best hope.
    When does the Six Nations start up again?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    When does the Six Nations start up again?
    https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...6&action=click

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55288347

Coronavirus cases in one part of Wales are increasing at an "alarming rate", a health board has said.
    When were the pubs and restaurants effectively closed? 10 days ago? Cases still rising. But it must have been the pubs and restaurants the government said so.

I really think there should be a rethink about Christmas in Wales, and probably the rest of the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55299862

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    When were the pubs and restaurants effectively closed? 10 days ago? Cases still rising. But it must have been the pubs and restaurants the government said so.
    Crikey it must be the coffee shops you know

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Let’s hope so, with schools out for three weeks and nothing open, numbers would plummet
    And reappear when we all come out to play, I'm shocked why no one is challenging the robustness and performance of our Heath Service any way outside of Covid , is it fit for purpose ???????

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Has anyone got that statistic handy as to the risk areas by percentage of cases as it was household spreads , then pubs then , then ,then.

ASDA / Lidl North Cardiff yesterday was heaving no controls what so ever , no 2 meters , no traffic lights ,very little care in fact .feel safer in a pub

It seems things are getting worse and could get a lot worse as a new variant of the virus has emerged in the South East that may or may not be controlled by the vaccine. Breaking News on Sky News. London to go into tier 3 from Wednesday.

This ridiculous Xmas relaxation of the rules should be stopped immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And reappear when we all come out to play, I'm shocked why no one is challenging the robustness and performance of our Heath Service any way outside of Covid , is it fit for purpose ???????
    Well our health service has been slowly run down by successive governments for years now so it’s no surprise, we therefore must protect the NHS that they’ve completely effed up. You would think they would vaccinate teachers asap so schools remain completely open, but no, no plans too apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It seems things are getting worse and could get a lot worse as a new variant of the virus has emerged in the South East that is unlikely to be controlled by the vaccine. Breaking News on Sky News. London to go into tier 3 from Wednesday.

This ridiculous Xmas relaxation of the rules should be stopped immediately.
    New variant emerged here but nowhere else in the world? I’m sure the vaccine will still counter it. Hope so anyway

Well our health service has been slowly run down by successive governments for years now so it’s no surprise, we therefore must protect the NHS that they’ve completely effed up. You would think they would vaccinate teachers asap so schools remain completely open, but no, no plans too apparently.
    They are not even vaccinating NHS front line workers. If they go sick or be required to isolate the NHS won't cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    They are not even vaccinating NHS front line workers. If they go sick or be required to isolate the NHS won't cope.
    I thought they did nhs front line last week and this? It’s definitely rife in cardiff at mo as Hancock suggested, I know two people who have it but symptoms are very mild....

Furlough was extended till March for the reason that it wont be until then that things will start to improve. The start of better weather, and enough of the over 50's having the vaccine, will be the drivers of what will see restrictions slowly being lifted. Until then we'll have periods of drifting in and out of the highest tiers.

Matt Hancock responds by saying that it is currently being assessed in Porton Down - the UK military's research base - but the medical advice he has is that it is “highly unlikely” that the new variant will "impinge" the new vaccine and the impact of it.

I thought they did nhs front line last week and this? It’s definitely rife in cardiff at mo as Hancock suggested, I know two people who have it but symptoms are very mild....
    I am unsure of the situation in Wales but frontline NHS staff in England will get theirs behind residents in care homes and their carers. I have a son on the front line in England and he has heard absolutely nothing about the vaccine. He gets his information from the news. The priorities are here:

1.residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
    2.all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
    3.all those 75 years of age and over
    4.all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
    5.all those 65 years of age and over
    6.all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
    7.all those 60 years of age and over
    8.all those 55 years of age and over
    9.all those 50 years of age and over

However the desire by the Welsh government to adopt an anything but England strategy perhaps does mean Wales will follow a different path.

I thought it was logistics that was hindering the aim of care home residents and staff getting it first. As a result many nhs workers and the over 80s are getting it ahead of those in care homes.

Well done to the Welsh Government as English NHS workers are in the second phase.

We’ve already had variants too, one from Spain that UK tourists brought back here in August, slightly different to the original that we had here in March. Corona virus frequently do this apparently.....

Arsenal fans finally have something to celebrate this season. With London moving to Tier 3, none of them have to go and watch them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Arsenal fans finally have something to celebrate this season. With London moving to Tier 3, none of them have to go and watch them anymore.
    - other grounds have sounded pretty good with 2,000 fans in, but you could barely hear the Arsenal fans on Sunday.

Much lower number of new cases today in Wales, but the bit in red explains why I think and we'll probably see a very big figure soon to make up for the shortfall over the last few days.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

I wonder how many people are cancelling their Christmas plans even though the relaxation (currently) still exists? It's a horrible decision which has to be made but hopefully everyone is going to restrict themselves as much as possible to reduce how nasty January could be.

It seems THE topic of the morning on media is what to do over Christmas.Here’s a good graphic from @SimpleCovid. Maintaining physical distance, spending as much time outside and ensuring good flow of fresh air to replace the stale air indoors: https://twitter.com/hughes_eilir/sta...52276689776641
    *the graphic shown also encourages people to self-isolate for 10 days before.