+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Brussels had better be very careful here.
    The figures do not lie and citing the Oxford AZ being unsafe because of a "high risk of thrombosis" has been proven to be rubbish, a miniscule percentage and on a par with the Pfizer vaccine.

Macron set his stall out early by not having the jab as did Merkel, quite obviously playing politics saying it was ineffective to oldies (again nonsense), it will be for the people of the various countries to decide for themselves.

Also are Italy really in a position to be turning down vaccines of any kind when they are hitting their 3rd wave?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Brussels had better be very careful here.
    The figures do not lie and citing the Oxford AZ being unsafe because of a "high risk of thrombosis" has been proven to be rubbish, a miniscule percentage and on a par with the Pfizer vaccine.

Macron set his stall out early by not having the jab as did Merkel, quite obviously playing politics saying it was ineffective to oldies (again nonsense), it will be for the people of the various countries to decide for themselves.

Also are Italy really in a position to be turning down vaccines of any kind when they are hitting their 3rd wave?
    Yeah it almost seems that they are desperate for the Oxford jab to fail somehow, problem because we ordered lots of it early and they want it to go titsup, probably because we left the EU etc....the fact the Pfizer one has had a similar % of clots is laughable.....
    The bureaucracy of the EU makes me quite glad we are out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah it almost seems that they are desperate for the Oxford jab to fail somehow, problem because we ordered lots of it early and they want it to go titsup, probably because we left the EU etc....the fact the Pfizer one has had a similar % of clots is laughable.....
    The bureaucracy of the EU makes me quite glad we are out of it....
    What has the pause in its use got to do with the EU? My understanding is that a number of countries, starting with Denmark and including the non-EU country Norway and Sweden, where Astra-Zeneca is a British-Swedish company have decided to pause its use against the advice of the EU's European Medical Agency.

Strange that countries exercising their national sovereignty rather than being subject to supposed EU bureaucracy triggers such a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What has the pause in its use got to do with the EU? My understanding is that a number of countries, starting with Denmark and including the non-EU country Norway and Sweden, where Astra-Zeneca is a British-Swedish company have decided to pause its use against the advice of the EU's European Medical Agency.

Strange that countries exercising their national sovereignty rather than being subject to supposed EU bureaucracy triggers such a reaction.
    They are talking about stopping the Pfizer jab we have in order coming here in April with their export bollocks that’s what, do you watch the news? Von whatshername loves to try and threaten us now we’ve left!
    The delay in the Oxford one from India is a different matter entirely....I imagine they are struggerling to produce the one billion required and to ship them here....

If you haven't got any covid symptons can you still ask for a covid test to be done in Wales right now , if so how do you go about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    If you haven't got any covid symptons can you still ask for a covid test to be done in Wales right now , if so how do you go about it ?
    not in Wales ( so not much help ) but our local test centre is walk up after 1 pm and you can ask for a test to take home, my fellow football coach had 10 of them yesterday, he works in peoples homes, so is planning to test himself every 4th day ( like the sch kids do )

yes blue matt sod all help in wales for someone like me who needs to have a lateral covid test for works purposes

got to go a to a walk in centre in England on monday

seems like wales is so far behind in these things

yes blue matt sod all help in wales for someone like me who needs to have a lateral covid test for works purposes

got to go a to a walk in centre in England on monday

seems like wales is so far behind in these things
    you working away then ? ? ? you could grab a few for the next time

yes working for a company that wants me to have one of these tests as i work between 2 sites within the same company in England

company policy so they say

rang 911 and they told me sorry sir can't help me as i,m in Wales there is no support !

you need to have symptons to get a test done in wales

yes working for a company that wants me to have one of these tests as i work between 2 sites within the same company in England

rang 911 and they told me sorry sir can't help me as i,m in Wales there is no support !

I could have popped and got a few and sent you them, but its not going to get to you by then, so no help

You called 911?

makes me mad with all these rules between the home nations with different rules

Krankie up in Scotland and Drakeford here really need to align with the rest of the UK and form a common policy

i won't hold my breath tho

makes me mad with all these rules between the home nations with different rules

Krankie up in Scotland and Drakeford here really need to align with the rest of the UK and form a common policy

i won't hold my breath tho
    It's so feckin' lazy to suggest that things would be better if Wales and Scotland signed up to one approach because a) that's what they've asked for at several times and it hasn't happened because England has often wanted to be an outlier and b) at several important moments (not all) Scotland or Wales have done it correctly and/or better - England's plan during the winter lead to huge numbers of deaths that was largely avoided in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's so feckin' lazy to suggest that things would be better if Wales and Scotland signed up to one approach because a) that's what they've asked for at several times and it hasn't happened because England has often wanted to be an outlier and b) at several important moments (not all) Scotland or Wales have done it correctly and/or better - England's plan during the winter lead to huge numbers of deaths that was largely avoided in Wales.
    Stop talking sense. Its all Wales/Labour/Dripford's fault and we should bow down to our English masters

I keep seeing the line 'EU is having vaccine problems because it was too slow in negotiating contracts' repeated in United Kingdom and United States media.

I want to push back on this narrative because I think it's missing where real EU-level mistakes lie. Let's review what happened in past year....

(thread: https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/stat...97635577761803)

EU assumed good behavior. US & UK manoeuvred to benefit themselves.

Many EU countries flubbed vaccine rollouts. EU negotiations & approval maybe took too long.

But what's striking is, for many in US & UK there seems to be 1 set of rules for them and another for everyone else.
    More to the vaccine story.

sorry 119

Doesn’t look like holidays abroad will happen this summer......

Covid: Summer holidays abroad 'unlikely', warns government adviser https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56467813

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doesn’t look like holidays abroad will happen this summer......

Covid: Summer holidays abroad 'unlikely', warns government adviser https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56467813
    Seeing alot of US news stories last night about the US border opening up end of May for the UK, EU, Brazil, Canada and Mexcio

Still holding my reservations

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Seeing alot of US news stories last night about the US border opening up end of May for the UK, EU, Brazil, Canada and Mexcio

Still holding my reservations
    Wow that would be great Matt. I guess the Brazil variant isn’t such a problem then if the yanks will let them in....there’s bound to be another one like South Africa mind, could be anywhere! Fingers crossed hey.....

One interesting element of the coronavirus story going forward will be how honest/critical the press are about each government's actions. Walesonline have put up another good article here: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...demic-20220816

https://twitter.com/PublicHealthW/st...060692995?s=19

0 deaths in Wales again today. good news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...nsons-20226671

Drakeford said similar to "i News" so it looks like Wales will be taking a more cautious path

I see the surge in COVID cases in Germany is being blamed on the "British" variant. Presumably much easier to sell to the EU citizens than the "Kent" variant!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I see the surge in COVID cases in Germany is being blamed on the "British" variant. Presumably much easier to sell to the EU citizens than the "Kent" variant!
    In fairness, would we call something the "Baden-Wurrtemberg Variant"?