+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    As I said in the other thread, my understanding is that the Tier system starts after christmas, not before.
    Sorry didnt see that. I believe your wrong.

But what will you do when it's getting close? Maybe when it 9997 some sneaky bar steward (like me) will post 3 posts one after the other to catch you out.
    Bit like Mornington Crescent.
    oh it's on

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Don't think they will bother with tiers after Xmas - Full lockdown.
    Bringing the tier system in, and starting everyone in the highest will enable some movement down into lower tiers on a regional basis throughout the next 3 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Bringing the tier system in, and starting everyone in the highest will enable some movement down into lower tiers on a regional basis throughout the next 3 months or so.
    I just have a feeling the death rate will be such that we will be looking at an hour allowed out a day again... hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    January - You wish! we'll be in the thousands with deaths throughout Jan IMO - hard lockdown until March NQAT.
    Cant see it....12 weeks....economic collapse for many

Sorry but where has this 12 weeks come from? That would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Sorry but where has this 12 weeks come from? That would be catastrophic.
    It’s nonsense mate

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    12 week lockdown after Christmas is the mumbling coming out of the Bay...
    The firebreak worked well then. Well done Mark Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cant see it....12 weeks....economic collapse for many
    Happy ****ing New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The firebreak worked well then. Well done Mark Drakeford.
    It's an acknowledgement that, while the Welsh Government started the firebreak at the right time, they ended it far too soon. It was a foul up but I'm sure the virus figures will also escalate in England after Xmas.

Today's news is covering a story that the Welsh virus figures have been under reported due to a statistical omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's an acknowledgement that, while the Welsh Government started the firebreak at the right time, they ended it far too soon. It was a foul up but I'm sure the virus figures will also escalate in England after Xmas.

Today's news is covering a story that the Welsh virus figures have been under reported due to a statistical omission.
    I agree with that - for me, the WAG did a decent job under the circumstances up until the end of the Firebreak and then it all seems to have gone wrong and, frankly, given the 11,000 unreported cases you mention (see link)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55105307

announcing a new, strict, lockdown, which is not for a set time, that starts three days after Christmas has to make you wonder why we are waiting ten days for it to begin seems like party politicking to me.

International

what has happened to the certifying of the Oxford Vaccine?

The Pfizer one was cleared fast enough and they said the Oxford one was also being assessed but for over a week now I've seen and heard nothing at all about it.
    After all that one is the game changer, its cheaper already made in great quantity, the UK gets first delivery and it doesn't need very cold storage.

Nicely written article that, clearly explains this puchasing scandal

The what's in it for me party in all its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The what's in it for me party in all its glory.
    What shocks me is the speed at which this stuff happens. Your mate's a tory minister and you own a business doing something random like making jewellery or pest control and within a few weeks of the pandemic you have a contract for millions to supply healthcare products.
    Like their absolute first thought when they hear about the pandemic is how to make some money out of this, or how to help their friends make money.

The Licensing rules up to Xmas are being reviewed. No changes expected. So I presume Xsnaggle was right we are not in the tier system yet.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eford-19473420

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What shocks me is the speed at which this stuff happens. Your mate's a tory minister and you own a business doing something random like making jewellery or pest control and within a few weeks of the pandemic you have a contract for millions to supply healthcare products.
    Like their absolute first thought when they hear about the pandemic is how to make some money out of this, or how to help their friends make money.
    Remember right at the start of the pandemic when that company Rees-Mogg is associated with talked about how the virus was a money making opportunity?

I agree with that - for me, the WAG did a decent job under the circumstances up until the end of the Firebreak and then it all seems to have gone wrong and, frankly, given the 11,000 unreported cases you mention (see link)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55105307

announcing a new, strict, lockdown, which is not for a set time, that starts three days after Christmas has to make you wonder why we are waiting ten days for it to begin seems like party politicking to me.
    Exactly, if it’s so bad, you start now.

what has happened to the certifying of the Oxford Vaccine?

The Pfizer one was cleared fast enough and they said the Oxford one was also being assessed but for over a week now I've seen and heard nothing at all about it.
    After all that one is the game changer, its cheaper already made in great quantity, the UK gets first delivery and it doesn't need very cold storage.
    A cynic could say they're waiting to announce it the same day as no deal?

Telegraph still reporting it'll be rolled out by end of the year https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...te-latest-who/

Welsh figures as bad as expected today with the 11,000 shortfall included - another spring type lockdown beckons for me I reckon.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Welsh figures as bad as expected today with the 11,000 shortfall included - another spring type lockdown beckons for me I reckon.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    Gosh I remember a similar reporting issue in England press and opposition rightly went in to a frenzy calling the government out !

So pubs , hospitality, footy shut cases up ???????????

Hearing schools are going to be off an extra week now in Wales at least.....ffs....when can we vote these buffoons out. Not a single case in my kids school yet shutting anyway....