+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hearing schools are going to be off an extra week now in Wales at least.....ffs....when can we vote these buffoons out. Not a single case in my kids school yet shutting anyway....
    There were zero cases in my daughter's school too... until this week. Now two kids have had confirmed positive tests which has meant two separate year groups worth of children (including my daughter) are having to self-isolate until Boxing Day. She can't leave the house for 10 days because she potentially came into contact with the other child.

It's going to be f**king nightmare not even being able to take her outside for some fresh air and exercise for 10 whole days.

In terms of your child's school being closed... it's better to be preventative than to act after the fact, don't you think? All it takes is one positive test and it will effect you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There were zero cases in my daughter's school too... until this week. Now two kids have had confirmed positive tests which has meant two separate year groups worth of children (including my daughter) are having to self-isolate until Boxing Day. She can't leave the house for 10 days because she potentially came into contact with the other child.

It's going to be f**king nightmare not even being able to take her outside for some fresh air and exercise for 10 whole days.

In terms of your child's school being closed... it's better to be preventative than to act after the fact, don't you think? All it takes is one positive test and it will effect you personally.
    Yeah I’m all for it along with being strict at Christmas, because we will all suffer when the numbers rise after it. Is your daughter primary or high school?

Heisenberg

Yeah I’m all for it along with being strict at Christmas, because we will all suffer when the numbers rise after it. Is your daughter primary or high school?
    Primary. She's in reception.

Had a call from my Daughters school today. Girl in 1 of her classes positive.

Has to isolate until midnight this Saturday!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Had a call from my Daughters school today. Girl in 1 of her classes positive.

Has to isolate until midnight this Saturday!!!!!!
    10 days isn’t it? It’s everywhere at mo so was good to finish early.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Primary. She's in reception.
    10 days indoors with a 4/5 year old....oooph, that’s quite tough, at least you can still buy alcohol

Those who were using Sweden as an example to follow a few months ago seem to have gone quiet lately haven't they.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ospitals-cases

10 days isn’t it? It’s everywhere at mo so was good to finish early.
    Yeah think so. Why its taken them so long to advise her and the rest in the class to isolate I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah think so. Why its taken them so long to advise her and the rest in the class to isolate I dont know.
    Love the way they’ve also waited until schools out for Christmas to announce they are having an extended holiday also.

When will you get vaccinated? Here's a calculator: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Love the way they’ve also waited until schools out for Christmas to announce they are having an extended holiday also.
    Not impressed with my kids school at all.
    The teachers have basically engineered a situation where they can have home schooling for the last week so that none of them have to isolate over christmas, but the last week of school has been a complete joke.
    the teachers basically printed off a couple of xmas themed wordsearches and colouring in sheets and let them get on with it - both my kids 3 school years apart got given the same sheets.
    They basically couldn't be arsed for the last week, and now they'll have a longer Christmas break as well.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    When will you get vaccinated? Here's a calculator: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk
    I have a birthday next month and if I put my present age in it states there will be about 20 million people in the queue ahead of me but if I input next month's age (which puts me in a different category) it knocks off around 10 million off that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The teachers have basically engineered a situation where they can have home schooling for the last week so that none of them have to isolate over christmas, but the last week of school has been a complete joke.
    the teachers basically printed off a couple of xmas themed wordsearches and colouring in sheets and let them get on with it - both my kids 3 school years apart got given the same sheets.
    They basically couldn't be arsed for the last week, and now they'll have a longer Christmas break as well.
    Not ideal for a seventeen-year-old, I grant you.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The calculator states there are at least 6m in front of me to be vaccinated by the end of February. By that time there won't be enough available vaccines unless the Oxford vaccine comes on stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The calculator states there are at least 6m in front of me to be vaccinated by the end of February. By that time there won't be enough available vaccines unless the Oxford vaccine comes on stream.
    I'm looking at july to september for my turn

Getting a lot of that chatter around the family about teachers and not being impressed some of the homework set etc , good jobs the shop assistants,health workers, police , fireman, paramedics , postal workers, truck drivers etc didn't apply the same .

I get the fact there are risks however they can bubble , the folk I mentioned are out and about coming into contact with millions of different people daily, big thanks to them all I say .

Like everything else I'm sure there is some politics on there somewhere , not all but some .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have a birthday next month and if I put my present age in it states there will be about 20 million people in the queue ahead of me but if I input next month's age (which puts me in a different category) it knocks off around 10 million off that figure.
    It's time to play How Old Is TBG?

To be fair to the teachers, they don’t normally do much curriculum based work in the last week before Christmas. What’s worse is to pretend they do and send a load of work home for the kids to do with their parents, which mine have had. Luckily my two love doing it so I set them up and they crack on. It must be a nightmare for some, as will the first week back when they are home again and parents are in work

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's time to play How Old Is TBG?

As exactly the same applies to me except my birthday is a month later, I can take what I would call an informed guess if it wasn't for the fact he was in the same year as me in Cantonian

I'm sixty five in February.

Meanwhile in South Dakota, home of the anti-maskers, where COVID is taking off bigtime:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/15/cops-...ing-wear-mask/

The only difference with a normal Christmas is that this year, you see what kids do in the last week. It's always been the same. I used to go to the last day, but the last week had no lessons ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    The only difference with a normal Christmas is that this year, you see what kids do in the last week. It's always been the same. I used to go to the last day, but the last week had no lessons ever.
    My girlfriend's kid goes to private school and they certainly didn't stop working until the end of term. Absolutely no reason for them to basically down tools for the last week, I think it's disgusting.
    If they had covered the syllabus already then they could have spent a week going back over things or anything.
    They just couldn't be bothered,

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Meanwhile in South Dakota, home of the anti-maskers, where COVID is taking off bigtime:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/15/cops-...ing-wear-mask/
    So, the reluctance to wear masks in America is purely down to a feeling that personal freedoms are being infringed or is there more to it than that?