+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I took care to say some of those catching trains will have thought of Dominic Cummings, but, when you think back to the spring, high profile people such as that Professor Ferguson and the lady who is Chief Medical Officer of Scotland, to name but two, had to resign after breaking the rules. then we saw politicians like Robert Jenrick and Stephen Kinnock brazening it out before Cummings, frankly, took the piss out of us all.
    Just because all of those acted stupidly doesn't mean you or I have to act inappropriately. It's a convenient excuse for some but I bet those on the station over the weekend didn't give these individuals a second thought; their motivation was to get home for Xmas. Had the episodes you quoted not have happened the probability is that these people still would have acted in the same way. They were idiots just like Cummings, Jenrick and Co.

Has there been any mention of a tweak to the 2m rule being that it's spread much more easily? Or is that not how it works

I see Sainsburys have lit the blue touch paper regarding likely fresh food shortages in the supermarkets due to the French border closure. Cue a decent amount of panic buying I suspect. Thankfully I have a good stock of tinned corned beef - who needs fresh veg anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I see Sainsburys have lit the blue touch paper regarding likely fresh food shortages in the supermarkets due to the French border closure. Cue a decent amount of panic buying I suspect. Thankfully I have a good stock of tinned corned beef - who needs fresh veg anyway!!
    There will be a shortage of toilet paper this Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIT !!!!!!

Does it come from Europe? Salad will be the thing that goes....ridiculous decision by the French not to allow food haulage. Hope we don’t let anyone in for a while either like NZ did

Hope it doesnt affect vaccine supplies.

What a nightmare.

Could really do with the Oxford vaccine being approved to offer a bit of hope going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does it come from Europe? Salad will be the thing that goes....ridiculous decision by the French not to allow food haulage. Hope we don’t let anyone in for a while either like NZ did
    Who would have thought that an EU member state could take sovereign control of their borders. Bonkers!

We may look back on the UK's time in the EU as our salad days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We may look back on the UK's time in the EU as our salad days.....
    Don’t fret, I hear they are opening up again now else 400 tonnes of Brie will cause a stink there side

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

What a nightmare.

Could really do with the Oxford vaccine being approved to offer a bit of hope going forward.
    Grant Schapps said earlier that it wouldn't as it's not transported on lorries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The mrs was in aldi this morning doing our christmas shop and they had plenty of everything. It's always chaos the week before in the run up to christmas. Will probably be that little bit busier as people won't be eating out (and the events of the weekend) but supermarkets generally cater for this sort of craziness.

Is Cardiff market open? I was hoping to get some fish......

No but it was the item being bought the most and stockpiled when we went into lockdown for the first time last March.

What a nightmare.

What, vaccine supplies to France from the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What, vaccine supplies to France from the UK ?
    It comes from Belgium (probably Zeebrugge) via a container with no driver involvement from the Port.

Oxford one is already here and comes from India anyway.

It comes from Belgium (probably Zeebrugge) via a container with no driver involvement from the Port.
    That was the point I was making. There's no ban/disruption to incoming traffic - though the French unions are trying to get it.

International

That was the point I was making. There's no ban/disruption to incoming traffic - though the French unions are trying to get it.
    The disruption to incoming goods is that non brit drivers won't drive a lorry into UK because the won't get out again. And haulirrts get paidby the load and distance not hourly, so a driver and lorry stuck in UK in worthless.

Oxford one is already here and comes from India anyway.
    Fingers crossed this is authorised and proves effective against the new strain.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The disruption to incoming goods is that non brit drivers won't drive a lorry into UK because the won't get out again. And haulirrts get paidby the load and distance not hourly, so a driver and lorry stuck in UK in worthless.
    Ah. I see.

Fingers crossed this is authorised and proves effective against the new strain.
    Hope so. Wife spoke with her sister earlier - she works in Management in the NHS in Chelmsford [ NHS East of England]. Anyway, her bosses have told her the intention is to maintain the lockdown until beginning of March - at least. Happy Days !

Hope so. Wife spoke with her sister earlier - she works in Management in the NHS in Chelmsford [ NHS East of England]. Anyway, her bosses have told her the intention is to maintain the lockdown until beginning of March - at least. Happy Days !
    Ive just accepted this is the way it is now for the Winter months and anything else is a bonus.

Just announced on LBC.............the Cardiff and Vale Health Board ran out of critical care beds on the weekend. Is that to do with the closure or semi closure of the Nightingale Hospital at the Millenium Stadium before the new Nightingale at the Heath is completed or something else?

Just announced on LBC.............the Cardiff and Vale Health Board ran out of critical care beds on the weekend. Is that to do with the closure or semi closure of the Nightingale Hospital at the Millenium Stadium before the new Nightingale at the Heath is completed or something else?
    Something else.
    It's partly due to staff availability. Too many staff are off sick or isolating, so the number of available beds has been reduced (according to LBC twitter).
    I didnt think the Nightingale hospitals were critical care, but happy to be corrected.