+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    When the UK needed a PM who was responsible, empathetic and accountable, we got a flip flopping, narcissist who resembles a Jim Davidson tribute act.
    Plus he gave jobs to his pro brexit loony pals.

Completely out of their depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Probably the same all over the country.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...efore-19504652
    I had a click and collect which my wife booked about 2 months so went straight in. Once in you can then pick up whatever else you want.
    Newport rd branch was really quiet inside, not enough people to form a queue at the tils even. About 40 people queuing up outside at 10am, felt for them as once in people are taking ages....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...efore-19504652
    Still really stupid though - a lady being interviewed said she got there 5:30, queued for ages and then walked over to Tesco’s and wandered straight in

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This just appeared on my Twitter feed.

Would have thought the 11,000 added on in one day would have had an effect on something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Would have thought the 11,000 added on in one day would have had an effect on something like that.
    OK, cheers.

Creation of complex rules (with # of people, households, exceptions) varying by tiers has created a perverse system where people look for loopholes. Instead, focus on why this virus is risky, what we can all do to avoid getting it & passing it on & the underlying science.

Simply: transmits in indoor, poorly ventilated & crowded settings. Don't go into other people's homes. Keep distance, meet outside, & err on the side of caution. While older/vulnerable more at risk of dying, younger people can get seriously ill. Russian roulette with health.

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/stat...08604728582144

Viruses evolve faster in lazy countries that let them run rampant.

One variant (B.1.1.7) in the UK has acquired 8 mutations in a gene encoding the spike protein -- and that may help it spread faster.

Excellent piece: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...emains-unclear

https://twitter.com/amymaxmen/status...51133058375681

No one is going to stop anyone acting as they wish over Christmas but people living in Manchester are being told if they've been in Wales they should self-isolate for 10 days and act as if they have the virus. Regardless of what people think about the politicians, or the ex-rugby players giving their "expertise", Wales is absolutely fecked if people continue to act like covid doesn't exist or doesn't need attention.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    No one is going to stop anyone acting as they wish over Christmas but people living in Manchester are being told if they've been in Wales they should self-isolate for 10 days and act as if they have the virus. Regardless of what people think about the politicians, or the ex-rugby players giving their "expertise", Wales is absolutely fecked if people continue to act like covid doesn't exist or doesn't need attention.
    Dont forget that all the kids who finished school early should be isolating for 10 days to reduce the risks to their elderly relatives on Christmas day. That seems to have been forgotten about, and judging by the family groups my wife saw in the supermarket at the weekend, forgotten by the kids and their parents aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wasnt this 11k spike down go a backlog of test data over a longer period of time, due to some computer glitch ??

And are we testing more effectively now than before?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This just appeared on my Twitter feed.

How come India is so low down on the chart? With a population density of 1080 per sq.mile (cf UK with 725) what are they doing differently?

I called into the M&S on Queen Street on my way home from work at around 4:00pm. There was a small queue to get into the food hall as numbers were being carefully monitored, but I was in the queue for two minutes tops. There were a few more people inside than I'd anticipated, but it wasn't too bad at all.

What struck me was just how much food is going to go to waste. The shelves were very well stocked with everything, but the expiry dates on most items weren't far away. I guess they'd bought lots of stock in anticipation of being busy in the lead-up to Christmas, but the latest lockdown (if it can be described as such) has put paid to that.

There must be loads of food shops in towns and city centres all over Wales that are in similar situations right now. So much food is going to have to be binned due to the closures of the shops classified as non-essential.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55419564

Nicola Sturgeon broke Covid rules at funeral

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I called into the M&S on Queen Street on my way home from work at around 4:00pm. There was a small queue to get into the food hall as numbers were being carefully monitored, but I was in the queue for two minutes tops. There were a few more people inside than I'd anticipated, but it wasn't too bad at all.

What struck me was just how much food is going to go to waste. The shelves were very well stocked with everything, but the expiry dates on most items weren't far away. I guess they'd bought lots of stock in anticipation of being busy in the lead-up to Christmas, but the latest lockdown (if it can be described as such) has put paid to that.

There must be loads of food shops in towns and city centres all over Wales that are in similar situations right now. So much food is going to have to be binned due to the closures of the shops classified as non-essential.
    I think large food stores often have surplus stock redistribution schemes with local charities these days. But no idea if these are up and running in the current climate.

Tier 1 moving to 2 and more in Tier 4 in England.

Im glad Drakeford put us all in Tier 4.

May not be popular where its lower but this is spreading fast

The figures are getting worse nationwide and rising exponentially. The whole country should be in tier4 or even full lockdown and Xmas should be forgotten about. Drakeford definitely did the right thing but he must have done that in light of the fact the situation in Wales is worse than anywhere else in the UK.

The third strain of the virus originating in South Africa is yet another potential setback and even more reason for additional stringent restrictions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55410349

Ooooh has our Tony got a point.

Ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair is urging the government to give as many people as possible an initial dose of a Covid vaccine - rather than preserving stocks so there is enough for second jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55410349

Ooooh has our Tony got a point.

Ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair is urging the government to give as many people as possible an initial dose of a Covid vaccine - rather than preserving stocks so there is enough for second jabs.
    Good old Tony. Perhaps he's forgotten that the license as issued by the MHRA is for use of the vaccine as proven in trials ie two doses at regulated interval between first and final dose. To use as he suggested would probably be 'off license use' therefore the person authorising would be responsible for any problems occurring.

Surprised that a lawyer would make such off the cuff comments. There again there was a rumour that he talked up that Saddam had enough firepower to make him threat to our security.

Tier 1 moving to 2 and more in Tier 4 in England.

Im glad Drakeford put us all in Tier 4.

May not be popular where its lower but this is spreading fast
    Perhaps not everyone agreesC64CBDF8-DB5E-4971-90E8-61C3CFC47362.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Good old Tony. Perhaps he's forgotten that the license as issued by the MHRA is for use of the vaccine as proven in trials ie two doses at regulated interval between first and final dose. To use as he suggested would probably be 'off license use' therefore the person authorising would be responsible for any problems occurring.

Surprised that a lawyer would make such off the cuff comments. There again there was a rumour that he talked up that Saddam had enough firepower to make him threat to our security.
    I am sure that there could be a number of reasons why Blair's idea would fall foul of practical reasons and MHRA processes. Surely WMD wouldn't be one of them though unless you were, what's the phrase, "playing with politics" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I am sure that there could be a number of reasons why Blair's idea would fall foul of practical reasons and MHRA processes. Surely WMD wouldn't be one of them though unless you were, what's the phrase, "playing with politics" of course.
    Oh, go on then, The Tories supported the Invasion as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Oh, go on then, The Tories supported the Invasion as well.
    Had to bite, didn't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Had to bite, didn't ya?
    Yup.

International

Yup.
    you mustn't let them do it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you mustn't let them do it to you.
    i do it to myself

Yup.
    Look Lisvane Blue rubbished the idea on its origin not its merits. I don't know whether it's crazy to give part immunisation to lots more people than almost total immunisation in two doses to fewer people to get a better quicker result. What I do know is that because its author screwed up as a politician by supporting a ridiculous US Neo-Con agenda doesn't make it stupid. The re-appraisal of the vaccines in a single dose is obviously a factor but it will probably fail on the "not invented here principle".

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Look Lisvane Blue rubbished the idea on its origin not its merits. I don't know whether it's crazy to give part immunisation to lots more people than almost total immunisation in two doses to fewer people to get a better quicker result. What I do know is that because its author screwed up as a politician by supporting a ridiculous US Neo-Con agenda doesn't make it stupid. The re-appraisal of the vaccines in a single dose is obviously a factor but it will probably fail on the "not invented here principle".
    Who knows, i'd be interested to know what scientific evidence Blair has to back up his claim. How effective and for how long would one shot be? And how soon after would people need the second shot, or would that go back to being the first shot, as the one before had expired. So many questions..