+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The plan in England was always "step 4, no earlier than 21 June" but desire to promote optimism meant that wasn't heard and there was no desire to make it heard.

This is the first time easing has had to be pushed back post announcement of roadmap but it could have happened before for Step 2 and 3.

Will be interesting to see if people become annoyed with desire to promote optimism whether it's realistic or not (from politicians and supportive media sources) or whether frustration will be aimed at media outlets in general?
    There’s an opinion poll which says the public back the delay to “freedom day” (bet you those who have been calling it that don’t back it mind). I think it’s the right decision given the number of people who haven’t had a double jab,but did Johnson make things worse by maintaining air travel to India because he wanted to go there to try and get a trade deal?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s an opinion poll which says the public back the delay to “freedom day” (bet you those who have been calling it that don’t back it mind). I think it’s the right decision given the number of people who haven’t had a double jab,but did Johnson make things worse by maintaining air travel to India because he wanted to go there to try and get a trade deal?
    That's a bit of a step, particularly as being the PM he could go anywhere he needed to go anyway, whatever the restrictions. Just like all those attending the G7. I think you might just have made that bit up.

The bufoon strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The bufoon strikes again.
    Does that make Drakeford a buffoon if he follows suit?

New cases in Wales routinely in three figures now, but this is the highest for some time I’d guess;-

https://public.tableau.com/views/Rap...Amobile=true#2

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Drakeford cannot follow suit as he has not made the same optimistic statements knowing full well there is a good chance they cannot be honoured

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Drakeford cannot follow suit as he has not made the same optimistic statements knowing full well there is a good chance they cannot be honoured
    As new cases are rising Drakeford will have to say something. My guess is that he will follow England very shortly but will want to do things slightly differently in order to exert his independence. It would appear that the public are generally behind delaying the end of the lockdown.

My original comment was in response to the comment linked in my post and was intended to merely highlight the biassed comment made. Of course if Drakeford ignores the scientific advice and does nothing my comment is irrelevant.

As new cases are rising Drakeford will have to say something. My guess is that he will follow England very shortly but will want to do things slightly differently...
    If Boris splits Step 4 into two so outside events are eased but plans for inside events are delayed that mean he's copying Drakeford's last announcement?

As new cases are rising Drakeford will have to say something. My guess is that he will follow England very shortly but will want to do things slightly differently in order to exert his independence. It would appear that the public are generally behind delaying the end of the lockdown.

My original comment was in response to the comment linked in my post and was intended to merely highlight the biassed comment made. Of course if Drakeford ignores the scientific advice and does nothing my comment is irrelevant.
    England are following Wales on this one, albeit after threatening the whole vaccine process and the good work of that process by dithering over closing borders.... again.

Foreign travel needs to be banned. The selfish sods following Wales in Baku could well be spreading the Delta variant in a country that, hitherto, hasn't reported any cases of the Delta Variant.

There is also a theory that delaying the second dose to 12 weeks has helped to allow the delta variant to flourish in the UK. The fact one dose is only 30% effective backs that up.

I obviously hope we never need to find out but what happens if in three weeks the situation in England is worse again? "July 19 will be a terminus date" as per today but if worse again do the concerns of Tory backbenchers trump all or do they react to the health data?

As well as hoping we don't find out I also think it's unlikely, but setting out roadmap with clear dates on 22/02/2021 and stressing "21 June" instead of "no earlier than" does make it much harder to delay twice even if it's needed.

International

Draskeford stated before anything was decided that there is no way he would follow what England does, (Which implies not following the science as he said this before the latest scientific advice was available)) so now England had kept the restrictions in place does that mean he is going to lift them?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Draskeford stated before anything was decided that there is no way he would follow what England does, (Which implies not following the science as he said this before the latest scientific advice was available)) so now England had kept the restrictions in place does that mean he is going to lift them?
    Don’t be ridiculous….it will be 3 weeks after England lift all measures….

Government only have themselves to blame for this one, travel back and fore to India should have been stopped a month before it was……

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Government only have themselves to blame for this one, travel back and fore to India should have been stopped a month before it was……
    Same with Portugal. The Brazilian variant was already on the rise when we allowed people to travel there. There's a distinct lack of planning and common sense. Wonder if that's where boris went for his honeymoon which is why it was on the green list

No.

For those above 18 and on a purely UK level as of 13th of June:

1st: Wales, 87.7%
    2nd: Scotland, 79.3%
    3rd: England, 78.7%
    4th: Northern Ireland, 76.6%

And for second doses that is:

1st: England, 57.4%
    2nd: Scotland, 55.2%
    3rd: Wales, 54.9%
    4th: Northern Ireland, 51.6%

As per: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

It's obviously not a race and many different factors at play, also the most important thing is people coming forward especially if they've missed a dose. Especially as Wales declaring every adult has been offered first dose which appears to have lead to 88% (rounding up) of those taking up the offer.

Very very good news from Public Health England: the vaccine works on the Delta/Indian variant

Pfizer 96% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses

AstraZeneca 92% effective against hospitalisation after 2 doses

This is a lot better than experts had previously feared

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/stat...83776881831938
    Without reading the data myself to check, that looks like a positive outcome.

The point is was the decision to put India in the red zone delayed because Johnson was scheduled to visit that country where, as reported in at least one of the links I posted, a trade deal with that country was due to be discussed? Whatever the answer, for a party that is always banging on about controlling our borders, they,’ve been pretty hopeless at doing that with India both before and after the decision was made to put that country in the red zone.
    Yes but Jeremy Corbyn......

Of course he's not going to lift them because he never made any stupid freedom day pledges in the first place and has opted to wait for the science not guess what the science may say in a few months time.

International

Of course he's not going to lift them because he never made any stupid freedom day pledges in the first place and has opted to wait for the science not guess what the science may say in a few months time.
    He stated clearly that whatever England did he would not do. And he said it before the scientists had made their judgement.
    So if the science said lift the bans he would not have done it.
    Now it says keep the bans what will he do, lift them or impose even more?
    It's not rocket science is it?

He stated clearly that whatever England did he would not do. And he said it before the scientists had made their judgement.
    :moronsmiley:

It's so easy for you isn't it. All you have to do is repeat what you think you heard or read as fact and jump to conclusions which suit your agenda. Here is what Mark Drakeford actually said;-

https://nation.cymru/news/wales-wont...ford-confirms/

It's not quite the same as you said it was is it? Now, it appears to me that what Johnson said yesterday could be construed as an admission that the Drakeford view was the correct one in that there was a still a need for caution, but maybe your theory that we can expect Drakeford to go back on what he said earlier this month any time today might be right - after all, the First Minister changes his mind so often when it comes to the Pandemic doesn't he.

International

It's so easy for you isn't it. All you have to do is repeat what you think you heard or read as fact and jump to conclusions which suit your agenda. Here is what Mark Drakeford actually said;-

https://nation.cymru/news/wales-wont...ford-confirms/

It's not quite the same as you said it was is it? Now, it appears to me that what Johnson said yesterday could be construed as an admission that the Drakeford view was the correct one in that there was a still a need for caution, but maybe your theory that we can expect Drakeford to go back on what he said earlier this month any time today might be right - after all, the First Minister changes his mind so often when it comes to the Pandemic doesn't he.
    you've got a cheek talking about things being so easy for people. you believe that you are the only person on here who can writ properly and that your posts must be respected just because they come from you. You may know a lot about City but that doesn't make you omnipotent in all things.
    I said that your statement (of fact) that the ONLY reason India was kept off the red list was because Boris wanted to visit was bollox. It is an opinion, that's all.

For every post someone puts up stating black someone else will find something that says white. Most of the posts are peppered with words like if should might could maybe and so on. None of it is fact most of the time. But because it's printed in the Guardian or somewhere else within your myopic vision it must be so. Get a life!!