+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The deaths rates are terrible, at least Boris has had the guts too say sorry to the public. Truth is of course that he is responsible for 88,000. The remaining 12,000 is the responsibility of the other home nations. Wales share 4,500 is as bad per head as England, and Rhondda CT the worse in UK.

Your last sentence applies equally to our First Minister.
    Johnson isn't responsible for every death. Deaths were inevitable.

But he is ultimately responsible for the UK death rate being amongst the very highest in the world.

Saying sorry is easy. Resigning is the honourable thing to do. I don't give him any brownie points for the puppy-like eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    At least he said sorry ****ing hell I’ve seen it all now.

Responsible for 88000? Is he not the prime minister of the United Kingdom?
    In case you hadn't noticed Wales Gov and First Minister Drakeford is responsible for health of population of Wales...nothing to do with Boris at all.

Nor is he responsible for health matters in Scotland and N Ireland

You'll be blaming him for school closures in Wales next and for closing Castle St to cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Genuine question.

When Johnson ‘said sorry’ yesterday do you think he was trying to show sympathy for the loss of life or apologising for the government’s performance in dealing with the pandemic?

It’s only an observation but I genuinely think the only person he feels sorry for is himself?
    Id like our first minister to say sorry publicly too. The Wales figures are every bit as bad as England.

In case you hadn't noticed Wales Gov and First Minister Drakeford is responsible for health of population of Wales...nothing to do with Boris at all.

You'll be blaming him for school closures in Wales next and for closing Castle St to cars.
    Isn’t this beyond just health though? The deaths aren’t caused because of how hospitals are run but how Covid was allowed to run rampant through the whole of the U.K.

I’m not saying drakeford and sturgeon completely escaped criticism but to defend Johnson just because you’re a Tory voter is just tribalism at it’s worst.

Heisenberg

Id like our first minister to say sorry publicly too. The Wales figures are every bit as bad as England.
    Swerved the question nicely there. Have you considered becoming a Tory MP?

It's not as simple as that. The government have control over the borders. Not doing testing at airports will have been responsible for a lot of cases. That's just one example.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not as simple as that. The government have control over the borders. Not doing testing at airports will have been responsible for a lot of cases. That's just one example.
    PPE, sporting events, delaying lockdown, playing down the seriousness of the virus ("I was shaking hands with Covid patients" etc") care homes, track and trace.

There's another 7 things off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PPE, sporting events, delaying lockdown, playing down the seriousness of the virus ("I was shaking hands with Covid patients" etc") care homes, track and trace.

There's another 7 things off the top of my head.

"Nothing to do with Joris at all"

Heisenberg

Also...

Defending Dominic Cummings' jaunt to County Durham and eliminating all of the public togetherness that was created during the first lockdown.

They set a great example of how it's one rule for them and another for the rest of us with that farce.

Heisenberg

"Nothing to do with Joris at all"
    "I believe that shaking hands is a devolved law".

The truly sobering statistic is that half of the 100,000 deaths have happened since November. The virus was not “unprecedented” then; we’d had the precedent of the preceding nine months. https://twitter.com/StigAbell/status...29716052160513
    I haven't fact checked this but it's extraordinary if true.

In terms of how each nation has applied it's resources, compare winter strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I haven't fact checked this but it's extraordinary if true.

In terms of how each nation has applied it's resources, compare winter strategies.
    Yep that is true, and we are still getting over 1000 deaths a day so expect another 50,000 in the next couple of months.

Hopefully the deaths start to decrease with the number of infections decreasing again but it's going to be going on for a while yet.

That's a shiithousing response.

We'll try this again.

What do you think (in your own words) Johnson was apologising for?

Yours in anticipation.

Rubbish.

If you think Johnson and his actions have no consequence on Wales you are seriously deluded.

Cummimgs , accusing the Labour leader of trying to ruin Christmas , have a merry little Christmas , no furlough extension then a U turn , over promising.

The most useless govt in history with serious out of depth brexiteers in charge of departments where they are completely out of their depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rubbish.

If you think Johnson and his actions have no consequence on Wales you are seriously deluded.

Cummimgs , accusing the Labour leader of trying to ruin Christmas , have a merry little Christmas , no furlough extension then a U turn , over promising.

The most useless govt in history with serious out of depth brexiteers in charge of departments where they are completely out of their depth.
    I still remember him laughing at Starmer for saying a lockdown was needed in November and then changing his mind 2 weeks later.

He did the same thing when the devolved nations were worried about Christmas and said he was going to save Christmas.

He has ****ed up at every turn and trying to equate blame to the devolved nations is about as pathetic as you can get.

I still remember him laughing at Starmer for saying a lockdown was needed in November and then changing his mind 2 weeks later.

He did the same thing when the devolved nations were worried about Christmas and said he was going to save Christmas.

He has ****ed up at every turn and trying to equate blame to the devolved nations is about as pathetic as you can get.
    Its depressing.

At least the loons in this country dont demand the right to be armed.

International

Can we all get off our political horses for a moment and be serious?

Covid 19 is a reportable disease so if there is any chance of the person dying having had it then the certifying doctor is obliged to put it on the death certificate. If one of us had a positive test and within 28 days got run over by a bus then covid would be declared on the death certificate. We would be part of the 'unacceptable' deaths that are reported every day.
    The more realistic figure to look at is the difference between the figures and what would normally be expected. (I think they average it over the previous 5 years) and thecurrent figures.
    now that figure is quite probably still too high but it is a lot less than 100,000.
    Also, although Westminster was in charge of the initial response it is fair to say that reaction to the second wave was the responsibility of devolved administrations and so they should bear a proportion of the blame, if there is any, for deaths since perhaps october or november.
    It is far to simplistic and frankly an insult to peoples intelligence to try to say that all this is the fault of 1 person. It is rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Can we all get off our political horses for a moment and be serious?

Covid 19 is a reportable disease so if there is any chance of the person dying having had it then the certifying doctor is obliged to put it on the death certificate. If one of us had a positive test and within 28 days got run over by a bus then covid would be declared on the death certificate. We would be part of the 'unacceptable' deaths that are reported every day.
    The more realistic figure to look at is the difference between the figures and what would normally be expected. (I think they average it over the previous 5 years) and thecurrent figures.
    now that figure is quite probably still too high but it is a lot less than 100,000.
    Also, although Westminster was in charge of the initial response it is fair to say that reaction to the second wave was the responsibility of devolved administrations and so they should bear a proportion of the blame, if there is any, for deaths since perhaps october or november.
    It is far to simplistic and frankly an insult to peoples intelligence to try to say that all this is the fault of 1 person. It is rediculous.
    My bet is Xsnaggle that far more people have died of the after effects or complications of Covid after 28 days than been hit by a bus and been recorded as a Covid death.

I don’t think anyone is saying it is the fault of any one person but do you seriously think the U.K. government aren’t responsible for what’s happened in the U.K.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My bet is Xsnaggle that far more people have died of the after effects or complications of Covid after 28 days than been hit by a bus and been recorded as a Covid death.
    Definitely, it seems a disingenuous way of trying to disguise this mess we are in.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, I agree that's it's still about brexit, far too many people still failing to admit that they got it wrong.
    Perhaps now we've hit the awful figure of 100000 deaths, people will realise really how bad it is, and the mess he's made.
    Dreadful man, totally unsuited to run a corner shop, let alone a country in the grip of a pandemic.
    health and health policy is a devolved matter. Wales is performing worse than England so I'd be interested to hear your views on the utterly shite Mark Drakeford and Welsh Labour.

Feedback

At least he said sorry ****ing hell I’ve seen it all now.

Responsible for 88000? Is he not the prime minister of the United Kingdom?
    health is a devolved matter.

Definitely, it seems a disingenuous way of trying to disguise this mess we are in.
    I havent looked but with Social distancing etc flu deaths I thought would be down.

Feedback

Isn’t this beyond just health though? The deaths aren’t caused because of how hospitals are run but how Covid was allowed to run rampant through the whole of the U.K.

I’m not saying drakeford and sturgeon completely escaped criticism but to defend Johnson just because you’re a Tory voter is just tribalism at it’s worst.
    Boris is responsible for England, Drakeford for Wales. Why are we even discussing England on this forum. Its just Tory bashing and nothing more.

Feedback

The Welsh government own our largest airport. What did they do differently that didn't happen in Gatwick or Heathrow?