+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The problem of something being very transmissible while being “mild” is even if it’s 10 times as mild but 100 times as transmissible we still end up in the same situation.

Get your booster and stay safe everyone. Hopefully this is the first sign of it becoming endemic but I feel like we’ve a rough few weeks ahead.

The roll out of boosters to vulnerable and old people seems to have gone well at least and should hopefully help a lot. I’m surprised it hasn’t been open in Wales yet to younger people. I’m early 30s and got mine today.
    The head of The company which makes the Moderna vaccine told a Committee of MPs yesterday that he’s dubious currently about claims that Omicron is a milder version of Covid, although he did say he expected good news regarding the use of the Moderna vaccine as a booster to be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The head of The company which makes the Moderna vaccine told a Committee of MPs yesterday that he’s dubious currently about claims that Omicron is a milder version of Covid, although he did say he expected good news regarding the use of the Moderna vaccine as a booster to be announced soon.
    He might well suggest that though, not that I completely doubt it. Anyone seen Dopesick on Netflix, it’s all about prescription drug called OxyContin around 1998/2000….absolutely unbelievable stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I hope so I had moderna yesterday, currently awake because I’m ****ing boiling which I assume is a side effect of it.

Data from South Africa does look promising but that’s ignoring their high level of natural immunity, they got smashed by delta.

We need to keep an eye on Denmark really.

As I said even if it is milder it isn’t a massive positive if 10 times the number of people start getting infected. The only “positive” I suppose is it would be a very short wave as it would burn through loads of the population in a matter of weeks.

I wouldn’t want to be unvaccinated right about now!

I hope so I had moderna yesterday, currently awake because I’m ****ing boiling which I assume is a side effect of it.

Data from South Africa does look promising but that’s ignoring their high level of natural immunity, they got smashed by delta.

As I said even if it is milder it isn’t a massive positive if 10 times the number of people start getting infected. The only “positive” I suppose is it would be a very short wave as it would burn through loads of the population in a matter of weeks.

Does have the Delta variant before have any bearing on this one though? I thought it didn’t? ie no immunity from it with previous antibodies…..

Had mine yesterday, Moderna, arm more sore than with AZ and a bit warm......better than the alternative though.

I guess how badly it affects the un vaccinated lot will be the main thing, as they appear to be clogging up the hospitals already, hopefully the most vulnerable have all had a booster (over 50) by now. Got mine tomorrow.

If even slightly milder then it's another step towards this becoming an endemic virus.

We have vaccines, we have booster programmes, we have fairly high proportions of the population with natural infection and immunity.

New anti viral drugs are on the way.

The hope is it continues to become a milder disease, the longer t cell response helps avoid the worst illness.

It's not feasible to continue to shut down society or to divert huge amounts of resources just to covid. What is the plan to clear the ridiculous backlog of treatments and operations?

What have the government in the bay and Westminster really done to plan for this future where you can't continually firefight something that isn't going anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does have the Delta variant before have any bearing on this one though? I thought it didn’t? ie no immunity from it with previous antibodies…..
    That’s what I’m not clear on but I think that’s what people are saying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59659083

There is "significant confusion" over walk-in boosters in Wales, a Plaid Cymru Senedd member has said.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-22464981

Interesting stuff….the UK Government and media in overdrive scaremongering it appears, well I never!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-22464981

Interesting stuff….the UK Government and media in overdrive scaremongering it appears, well I never!
    I hope you’re right. We’ll have to see how well this post ages in the next few weeks.

Chris 'Doom' Whitty tried to dismiss the South African opinions in his responses this evening.

He was not very convincing. Claiming we should not rely on results from SA because they are better vaccinated. When I don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chris 'Doom' Whitty tried to dismiss the South African opinions in his responses this evening.

He was not very convincing. Claiming we should not rely on results from SA because they are better vaccinated. When I don't think they are.
    Easier to be over cautious

Over cautious the government gets the flack
    Under cautious it lands back on the scientists if wrong

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Easier to be over cautious

Over cautious the government gets the flack
    Under cautious it lands back on the scientists if wrong
    The fact they are keeping everything open speaks volumes to me. As I mentioned in an earlier thread they appear to be taking a more realistic common sense dealing with it type of approach. I don't think they think it's as serious a strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I didn’t get that, saying they had more immunity due to be hit hard by Delta. Surely we had it worse here? And aren’t Delta and Omicron different anyway? Think they only have 30% vaccinated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

The EFL had issued guidance in July around two 'green' and 'red' protocols. Clubs have been following 'green' protocols of daily screening for symptoms, with stricter 'red' protocols, including testing, only triggered by any local outbreaks, further restrictions imposed by the government - as has happened in recent days.

Attendance at first-team training grounds to be limited only to players and essential staff.

Daily lateral flow testing for all first-team players and staff, subject to supply chain availability.

PCR tests to be taken by any player or member of staff who displays Covid-19 symptoms or has received a positive lateral flow test.

All players and staff (with the exception of medical staff providing treatment) to maintain physical distancing at all times when not in training.

No player or staff member to be within 2m of another player or staff member for 15 minutes or more.

Face coverings to be worn at all times in indoor training spaces.

Closure of poorly-ventilated gym spaces where social distancing cannot be maintained.

Staggered use of club kitchen and dining facilities with minimal staffing numbers.

No media attendance at training grounds, with all pre-match conferences to be held virtually.

Some of these were being relaxed just 10 days ago. Now being ramped up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59689043

Covid patient waited 40 hours in Cardiff hospital A&E

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59689043

Covid patient waited 40 hours in Cardiff hospital A&E
    Seems a bit bizarre, why wasn’t he taken straight to the new covid ward? Why a&e? That picture he took on the floor isn’t the new unit for covid patients. There aren’t many patients in it either……

Restrictions kicking in for hospitality on the 27th then I think they are saying

Had been very tentatively encouraged by some of the reports about the new variant potentially being less deadly. Just read that the charlatan t*sser ferguson has predicted 5,00 deaths a day. Considering him and his soppy little models have been completely and utterly wrong every time, I'm taking that as further positive!!

Hopefully if everyone gets their boosters, this can be the beginning of the end of covid. By all accounts, the new therapeutics are still pretty effective against the new variant aswell

In amongst the cautious optimism re: effect of Omicron variant on herd immunity, comes a cautionary report.

Many had the Pfizer 1 and 2 jab, and even more the Pfizer booster (including myself). But what may Pfizer have to hide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37R...l=KalkineMedia

What does Pfitzer have to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    In amongst the cautious optimism re: effect of Omicron variant on herd immunity, comes a cautionary report.

Many had the Pfizer 1 and 2 jab, and even more the Pfizer booster (including myself). But what may Pfizer have to hide?

What does Pfitzer have to hide?
    Kalkine Media and Trial Site News.

Who are these people?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Kalkine Media and Trial Site News.

Who are these people?
    I don't know but they generate a ton of videos with about an average of 50 views each. Definitely trustworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post

What does Pfizer have to hide?
    This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine.

Both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines were given emergency approval by both US FDA and UK MHRA in order to meet an urgent need..ie protect against Covid. This is why they were available so quickly. Since then there has been ongoing monitoring of vaccines regarding efficacy and safety. The Pfizer vaccine has now been fully approved ie fully licensed by FDA, MHRA and many countries worldwide.

With a quick google search of FDA, Pfizer vaccine or MHRA Pfizer vaccine you will be able to download Pfizer's data sheet of product information. The issues of myocarditis in young people and use in pregnancy are clearly laid out.

There is nothing being hidden at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine.

Both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines were given emergency approval by both US FDA and UK MHRA in order to meet an urgent need..ie protect against Covid. This is why they were available so quickly. Since then there has been ongoing monitoring of vaccines regarding efficacy and safety. The Pfizer vaccine has now been fully approved ie fully licensed by FDA, MHRA and many countries worldwide.

With a quick google search of FDA, Pfizer vaccine or MHRA Pfizer vaccine you will be able to download Pfizer's data sheet of product information. The issues of myocarditis in young people and use in pregnancy are clearly laid out.

There is nothing being hidden at all.
    Quite a lot of pregnant women ending up in hospital with covid now too, probably as a result of the negative press having not been vaccinated.