+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.

I think that a virus tends to mutate many times, getting weaker, eventually so weak it's imperceptible but extremely transmissible. In other words, it dies out as far as having any actual effect on people. It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That'll be the Xi variant.
    Antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists will have a feel day when that comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That'll be the Xi variant.
    Antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists will have a feel day when that comes along.
    Been a while since I had one of those but hope springs eternal!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Been a while since I had one of those but grope springs eternal!
    Edited for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Edited for you.
    Touche a tu!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59752752

Groups of no more than six people will be allowed to meet in pubs, cinemas and restaurants in Wales from 26 December, the first minister has said.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's hope they are right about the lesser severity, but the sheer numbers of infections ripping through (particularly the early 20s age group it seems) is scary. We understand that we're in a hotspot (East Surrey) but I know of at least 10 people who have tested positive in the last week, which is far more than I have personally been aware of at any other point in this crisis. I've got 2 in my own household self-isolating now, including my wife - who is triple jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Let's hope they are right about the lesser severity, but the sheer numbers of infections ripping through (particularly the early 20s age group it seems) is scary. We understand that we're in a hotspot (East Surrey) but I know of at least 10 people who have tested positive in the last week, which is far more than I have personally been aware of at any other point in this crisis. I've got 2 in my own household self-isolating now, including my wife - who is triple jabbed.
    you say treble jabbed there swiss pete . do you mean 2 jabs with the booster ? if so that doesn't bode too well in tackling this new variant .no doubt we will see another variant next year too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    you say treble jabbed there swiss pete . do you mean 2 jabs with the booster ? if so that doesn't bode too well in tackling this new variant .no doubt we will see another variant next year too
    Yes, sorry, 2 jabs and the booster. Nearly all of the others I know are in their early 20s (my son and his mates) so many won't have had the booster yet. Hopefully the 2 jabs plus booster will reduce severity if not transmission (although hopefully both obviously....)

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    You can still get it, what I’m seeing a lot more is One adult in a house testing positive but the other not, even if both kids have it.
    Good news about it being mild, not so much from a right now point of view but in the virus’s overall journey, a heavy cold or flu is what we want it to start to become like other coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295

Any chance this was Omicron ?

I think that a virus tends to mutate many times, getting weaker, eventually so weak it's imperceptible but extremely transmissible. In other words, it dies out as far as having any actual effect on people. It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.
    On the basis we're seeing very quick transmissions and less death ( fingers crossed) suggest it is waining as there less weaker hosts to strengthen too ?

Up above 100,000 new cases for the first time today (106,000 plus in fact).

People 80% less likely to be hospitalised with Omicron over Delta https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...alflow-organic

Hopefully this is the way the variants go and it gets steadily weaker (no idea if that's how these things work mind)

The announcement brushed over implications for theatres etc. I’ve already had ice skating (castle) and WMC show cancelled. I hear the Panto is off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The announcement brushed over implications for theatres etc. I’ve already had ice skating (castle) and WMC show cancelled. I hear the Panto is off too.
    Went to see new Spider-Man movie with the kids today, usually it would be packed this time of year. Reckon there was 10 other people there…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Went to see new Spider-Man movie with the kids today, usually it would be packed this time of year. Reckon there was 10 other people there…..
    More importantly, was it any good? I've enjoyed a lot of the spiderman films over the years (Toby Maguire - Spiderman II is brilliant).

Oh, yeah, Covid sucks. Just to pretend this is on topic.

Apparently there was a massive queue (over 2 hours just to get in the building) at the mass vaccination centre in the bay this afternoon. This is despite the appointment system and them supposedly not accepting walk-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Apparently there was a massive queue (over 2 hours just to get in the building) at the mass vaccination centre in the bay this afternoon. This is despite the appointment system and them supposedly not accepting walk-ins.
    I had a 1920 appointment, got there about 1910, got jabbed at 2130. Huge queue although it did keep moving so wasn't too demoralising

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59769544

People who have tested positive for coronavirus in Wales will not be able to leave isolation as early as those can in England.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59769544

People who have tested positive for coronavirus in Wales will not be able to leave isolation as early as those can in England.
    She said they wanted "to take a kind of more risk averse approach if we can, in trying to continue to put a brake on Omincron as much as possible." FFS this kind of stuff is awful. It's meaningless crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    She said they wanted "to take a kind of more risk averse approach if we can, in trying to continue to put a brake on Omincron as much as possible." FFS this kind of stuff is awful. It's meaningless crap.
    I wonder if she really said Omincron as is quoted in the article?

Oops double post.

New cases up to 119,000, but another encouraging report regarding hospitalisation from Omicron.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969