+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you'd probably have enjoyed the actual act of getting the clap though.

Not always after some reflection.

[QUOTE=Jordi Culé;5162705]
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Fair point and I stand corrected, although I’m right in thinking receiving the one of the vaccines doesn’t stop the virus being caught by the individual and vaccinated persons can still spread the virus about?
    Currently the scientists say that they are not sure if those that have been vaccinated can carry the virus and spread it o others. They are urging caution in those that have had a jab, and that's fair enough.

[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5162717]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Currently the scientists say that they are not sure if those that have been vaccinated can carry the virus and spread it o others. They are urging caution in those that have had a jab, and that's fair enough.
    I’ve received one and got advised I could still carry the virus which was then and still is problematic. It’s obvious now (to me) but like the dullard I can be thought it prevented getting the virus until advised otherwise.

[QUOTE=Jordi Culé;5162719]

I’ve received one and got advised I could still carry the virus which was then and still is problematic. It’s obvious now (to me) but like the dullard I can be thought it prevented getting the virus until advised otherwise.
    Which jab did you get? Thought I read the Oxford one works different and stops you carrying it also.......happy to be corrected.

[QUOTE=goats;5162726]

Which jab did you get? Thought I read the Oxford one works different and stops you carrying it also.......happy to be corrected.

Like the dick that I am, I didn’t actually ask. Just happily went along with it. The only side affect I’ve had so far is Bill Gates seems to always figure in my dreams, running naked in a field, throwing dollars into the air and screaming about world domination.

[QUOTE=Jordi Culé;5162719]

I think that’s hopefully precautionary as there were no studies done into it by either of the jabs.

The Pfizer one in Israel looks like it is stopping the spread so we have to hope the AZ one does the same.

IMG_20210129_092120.jpg coming down nicely at the moment, in a couple more weeks we'll get the people who like to criticize Mark Drakeford changing from criticizing the numbers of infections to saying he's being too cautious and damaging the economy.

Nicola Sturgeon
    The Daily Telegraph says Ms Sturgeon has been accused of "showboating" and "attempting to curry favour" with the EU by promising to publish the data. By revealing how many doses Scotland expects each week, the first minister hopes to counter claims she is failing to roll out the vaccine quickly enough in her country, the paper reports. It says the UK government has refused to publish details of how much vaccine supply it expects from manufacturers each week, partly because of concern EU nations could use this to put pressure on companies to divert doses.

She really is vile. Independence for her is the biggest and most important thing in her life.

What’s folks thoughts on how far we take this lockdown? With rates in cardiff at 182 and swansea 120, and that was a week ago, will another month see it almost gone? Mitigating risk with vaccine and tracing whilst opening up things possible in the next few weeks?
    I don’t think Cardiff has been this low since October. Maybe we will give the eat out to help out a swerve this time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Nicola Sturgeon
    The Daily Telegraph says Ms Sturgeon has been accused of "showboating" and "attempting to curry favour" with the EU by promising to publish the data. By revealing how many doses Scotland expects each week, the first minister hopes to counter claims she is failing to roll out the vaccine quickly enough in her country, the paper reports. It says the UK government has refused to publish details of how much vaccine supply it expects from manufacturers each week, partly because of concern EU nations could use this to put pressure on companies to divert doses.

She really is vile. Independence for her is the biggest and most important thing in her life.
    why is that vile?
    sharing information helps everyone learn about the most effective ways to combat this and future pandemics. the EU are not our enemy. and lives lost there don't count less than lives lost here

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why is that vile?
    sharing information helps everyone learn about the most effective ways to combat this and future pandemics. the EU are not our enemy. and lives lost there don't count less than lives lost here
    She’s not sharing information to help, she’d be sharing confidential information regarding supplies and contracts, don’t see how anyone can defend her if that’s what she intends doing.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    She’s not sharing information to help, she’d be sharing confidential information regarding supplies and contracts, don’t see how anyone can defend her if that’s what she intends doing.
    She's been slagged off by the Scottish Tories and by Boris Johnson about vaccine take-up and roll-out... I wonder why they're now upset at her for potentially releasing data to show the (potential) truth of the matter?

Something doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why is that vile?
    Isn't it quite likely releasing the data could put AZ in a difficult position and stop us getting enough vaccine though?

drakeford moving the goalposts or should i say traffic lights now it seems on radio wales

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s folks thoughts on how far we take this lockdown? With rates in cardiff at 182 and swansea 120, and that was a week ago, will another month see it almost gone? Mitigating risk with vaccine and tracing whilst opening up things possible in the next few weeks?
    I don’t think Cardiff has been this low since October. Maybe we will give the eat out to help out a swerve this time.....
    See what Drakeford has to say today. Probably stay in lockdown for another 3 week period and then staged openings mid Feb onwards. Priority school years, maybe gyms and high street shops after that. Pubs will be the last to open mid to end of March or something I reckon.
    The rates are coming down really well in South Wales but we've been burnt before opening things up too quickly.
    I would honestly prefer them to take their time and get it right and look towards Easter when many of the vulnerable and over 70's will have had their 2 doses hopefully.

Summer is having it this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn't it quite likely releasing the data could put AZ in a difficult position and stop us getting enough vaccine though?
    AZ are in a difficult position regardless. It all comes down to what is in the (presently unpublished) contracts with the UK and EU. If she wants to put facts out there to counter Tory misinformation (backed by the Telegraph etc) about the real position in Scotland, then good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    AZ are in a difficult position regardless. It all comes down to what is in the (presently unpublished) contracts with the UK and EU. If she wants to put facts out there to counter Tory misinformation (backed by the Telegraph etc) about the real position in Scotland, then good on her.
    It is usually quite instructive when seeing headlines like this in the Telegraph and Express to see who is doing the accusing to justify the headlines. In this instance the three people quoted are Peter Bone, Ian Duncan Smith and David Jones. All MPs who are uber-Brexiteers and key members of the ERG.

The Scottish Tories, Davidson and Ross make no such accusation, more that this is a smokescreen for Scotland's relatively poor performance. A far more reasonable claim.

Goes to show just how easy it is to get enraged by headlines without studying where they came from though!

She has been asked not to but for political spite she is about to disclose what is probably confidential information from the UK/AZ supply contract. She's nuts and dangerous. She wouldn't care a shit if AZ stopped supplying as long as she can score political points.
    AZ are getting into hot water because of the general incompetence of EU officials, and now her. They are selling this product at cost price for the benefit of everyone. They'll be a 'force majure' paragraph in the contract I hope AZ don't use it.

And ,sad to say, your comments are just as myopic.

International

Not always after some reflection.
    Yeah, but it's like a hangover, you wouldn't have it if you hadn't had a bloody good night before it!

She has been asked not to but for political spite she is about to disclose what is probably confidential information from the UK/AZ supply contract. She's nuts and dangerous. She wouldn't care a shit if AZ stopped supplying as long as she can score political points.
    AZ are getting into hot water because of the general incompetence of EU officials, and now her. They are selling this product at cost price for the benefit of everyone. They'll be a 'force majure' paragraph in the contract I hope AZ don't use it.

And ,sad to say, your comments are just as myopic.
    'political spite', 'she's nuts and dangerous', 'she wouldn't care a shit if AZ stopped supplying', 'score political points'....

And I'm myopic?

Just because I'd have Nicola Sturgeon in charge of this pandemic any day of the week over Boris Johnson? OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    See what Drakeford has to say today. Probably stay in lockdown for another 3 week period and then staged openings mid Feb onwards. Priority school years, maybe gyms and high street shops after that. Pubs will be the last to open mid to end of March or something I reckon.
    The rates are coming down really well in South Wales but we've been burnt before opening things up too quickly.
    I would honestly prefer them to take their time and get it right and look towards Easter when many of the vulnerable and over 70's will have had their 2 doses hopefully.

Summer is having it this year!!
    No way pubs to sell just alchohol by sometime in March.

May maybe.

'political spite', 'she's nuts and dangerous', 'she wouldn't care a shit if AZ stopped supplying', 'score political points'....

And I'm myopic?

Just because I'd have Nicola Sturgeon in charge of this pandemic any day of the week over Boris Johnson? OK.

Your post mentioned nothing about preference for Nicola Sturgeon in the pandemic. You were supporting her publishing confidential contract information. As I said this is purely political and could, once the Eu gets the data, affect the supplies of vaccine to UK.
    You seemed more interested in correcting supposed misinformation from national newspapers, even if it meant risking our national vaccine supply chain

More good vaccine news, a single dose Belgian vaccine has proved 66 per cent effective (85 per cent for preventing serious cases) - Britain has ordered 30 million doses of this one.

The bad(dish) news is that it was only 57 per cent effective in South Africa, but the makers are looking into whether a double dose would provide different results.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55857530

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    More good vaccine news, a single dose Belgian vaccine has proved 66 per cent effective (85 per cent for preventing serious cases) - Britain has ordered 30 million doses of this one.

The bad(dish) news is that it was only 57 per cent effective in South Africa, but the makers are looking into whether a double dose would provide different results.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55857530
    One question on that, not to you but to the people reporting these results.
    If the vaccine prevents people from getting the virus in the first place, how can they possibly know that it is more effective in preventing serious cases ? That would be the report on a possible cure I'd think.

Shirley if it works there are no cases serious or other wise and if there are cases serious or not, that means it didn't work.

Feedback

And I'm myopic?

now that is myopic