+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think he's a bit confused there, there have been 3000 cases in Pembrokeshire, not deaths.
    It’s so remote with not many people (125,000) it’s hardly surprising rates are low.....mind you they are low everywhere now, swansea almost under 100 and cardiff 142, and that’s 7 days ago.....tier 1 anyone?

Sad news, I hope he gets over it;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-55881508

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s so remote with not many people (125,000) it’s hardly surprising rates are low.....mind you they are low everywhere now, swansea almost under 100 and cardiff 142, and that’s 7 days ago.....tier 1 anyone?
    Sorry, senior moment. 🤨 Cases not deaths. If there had been 3000 there'd be no fecker left.
    No doubt our rurality has had a big impact although I think we were worried during summer, there were so many visitors, but in fairness they had little effect on numbers.

International

Having just noticed the post count I have to say that Delmbox failed miserably there!

Infection rate continues to fall in Wales.

With hospitality looking like reopening in May at the earliest in England will Drakeford start opening Wales sooner?

Or will he follow England.?

Good news that cases are falling. It will be interesting what happens when schools go back.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/wales-coronavirus-cases-latest-deaths-19741425

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Infection rate continues to fall in Wales.

With hospitality looking like reopening in May at the earliest in England will Drakeford start opening Wales sooner?

Or will he follow England.?

Good news that cases are falling. It will be interesting what happens when schools go back.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...eaths-19741425
    If they vaccinated teachers now then there isn’t be any disruption.....don’t know why they don’t just get on with it, you know they will in the end....probably to late as ever

Got my vaccine today - go back in April for Pt 2.
    They turned the dental dept of Kings College hospital into a pop up vaccination centre and the dentists were jabbing us.

International

Any word on whether 70ys olds got there invitation for a jab by last firday as Gethin promised??

I haven't had mine.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Any word on whether 70ys olds got there invitation for a jab by last firday as Gethin promised??

I haven't had mine.
    My sister's partner got his on Friday for his injection today at the STAR centre.

My mother had to stay in bed the day after hers. Aches chills etc. Better the next day and fine 2 days later though out walking.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My mother had to stay in bed the day after hers. Aches chills etc. Better the next day and fine 2 days later though out walking.
    I felt groggy as f**k about 36hrs after mine. Slept for about 12hrs and struggled to get out of bed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Swansea and Merthyr now under the magic 100 case number per 100,000 people.
    Most of South Wales not far behind with Newport the highest at 144. Cardiff, Vale, Bridgend etc hovering around 100 - 130.

Some areas of Midlands, London & Merseyside still very high at 450+. Miles off lockdown in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Swansea and Merthyr now under the magic 100 case number per 100,000 people.
    Most of South Wales not far behind with Newport the highest at 144. Cardiff, Vale, Bridgend etc hovering around 100 - 130.

Some areas of Midlands, London & Merseyside still very high at 450+. Miles off lockdown in those areas.
    Good news. However we're now entering the 'variants' stage - every new variant that pops up [of which there will be plenty] signals a tightening/extending of restrictions. Listened to an interview on Radio 5 live around 8am. Another SAGE scientist preaching doom regarding the South African strain. At every opportunity the journalist effectively played down every single warning he gave [which in itself is highly unusual for the BBC], and he ended up retracting most of what he originally said..

Had my first jab yesterday. Only one slightly bizarre side effect - a sudden craving for bananas. I was a bit worried at first but then I read the patient information leaflet and found that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is based on a modified chimpanzee virus.

Joking aside, no after effects whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Good news. However we're now entering the 'variants' stage - every new variant that pops up [of which there will be plenty] signals a tightening/extending of restrictions. Listened to an interview on Radio 5 live around 8am. Another SAGE scientist preaching doom regarding the South African strain. At every opportunity the journalist effectively played down every single warning he gave [which in itself is highly unusual for the BBC], and he ended up retracting most of what he originally said..

There’s 100’s of variants already, this is what they do, most are harmless. They will have to adapt the vaccine every year to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s 100’s of variants already, this is what they do, most are harmless. They will have to adapt the vaccine every year to counter it.
    Yes, I know. Point I'm making is the vaccine roll-out is creating a degree of optimism which the Authorities see as a danger. The masses may become complacent and clamour for easing of restrictions, so they're now focusing on the many variants and the new ''dangers' we face.

Very unusual indeed. It obviously wasn't Laura Kuenssberg doing the interview then!

Yes, I know. Point I'm making is the vaccine roll-out is creating a degree of optimism which the Authorities see as a danger. The masses may become complacent and clamour for easing of restrictions, so they're now focusing on the many variants and the new ''dangers' we face.
    Oh I know, any opportunity to scare the public into further submission won’t be missed by the Government....variants, South African ones....whatever next?

Just been announced that Tom Moore has died in hospital- after his fantastic efforts last year, this is someone who definitely deserves to rest in peace.

International

On my travels today I have heard BBC reporters on at least 3 occasions talking about the "South African" strain of the virus and saying there is concern that the vaccines won't protect against it.
    And in each bulletin there has been an 'expert' on who has said, they are not concerned and are confident that the vaccines will give more than adequate protection against it.
    And on the 6 O'clock news the BBC said it again, and again an expert that they have chosen (dullards) has immediately said the opposite.
    But they cannot help themselves, they have to report something negative.

Seems like good news on the Oxford virus from the always negative BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55910964

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Yeah, they reported that, that it cuts the abilty to pass the disease on in the same bulletin in which they said the other. But you can guess where the emphasis was. lol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I reckon even the BBC are sick of accentuating the negativity !

International

I reckon even the BBC are sick of accentuating the negativity !
    Not sure they're sick of it, but there is less bad news for them to feast on..