+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I reckon even the BBC are sick of accentuating the negativity !
    Those who study journalism are told "There is no news like bad news and don't let the facts get in the way of a good story."

cases seem to be where they were in early September now, and dropping consistently., but we can see how quickly it can shoot back up again from that position with no restrictions ' in the winter months anyway.

they will surely have to consider schools going back after half term though.Screenshot_2021-02-03-12-50-21-368_com.android.chrome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    cases seem to be where they were in early September now, and dropping consistently., but we can see how quickly it can shoot back up again from that position with no restrictions ' in the winter months anyway.

they will surely have to consider schools going back after half term though.Screenshot_2021-02-03-12-50-21-368_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Schools back after half term and gradual easing of restrictions from April onwards (if cases continue to fall) makes sense to me? By that point a significant proportion of those most at risk will have been fully vaccinated and we saw low cases throughout the summer anyway without a vaccine

I'm sure we'll come up with some nonsensical way of doing it though

“They’re trying their best though”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...navirus-crisis

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    “They’re trying their best though”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...navirus-crisis
    This will be music to the ears of many on here. I see the hope is that schools will be back by 22 February in Wales which arguably is too soon as immunity for the first tier to receive the vaccine will not have kicked in by then. Let's hope the Welsh government are not playing politics as they have a history of ending shut downs early.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This will be music to the ears of many on here. I see the hope is that schools will be back by 22 February in Wales which arguably is too soon as immunity for the first tier to receive the vaccine will not have kicked in by then. Let's hope the Welsh government are not playing politics as they have a history of ending shut downs early.
    I see the story I linked to mentioned about Wales coming out of their firebreak too early - hopefully, the vaccine roll out isn’t going to be the disaster it looked like being at one time, so, for me, the handling of the latter stages of the Firebreak remains the WAG’s worst moment of the pandemic.

International

I think to be fair to the WAG wqhen they say 'schools' they don't mean a 100% return on =masse.
    At first its only the toddlers (Starters - don't know the correct term) and those who would normally be in their exam years.
    All the rest gradually depending how things go.

https://m.facebook.com/PublicHealthW...584000/?type=3

Numbers are stabilising but deaths are still high, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think to be fair to the WAG wqhen they say 'schools' they don't mean a 100% return on =masse.
    At first its only the toddlers (Starters - don't know the correct term) and those who would normally be in their exam years.
    All the rest gradually depending how things go.
    I understand that but many of those that have received their jabs won't have gained immunity by 22 February as they won't have had time for their resistance to COVID to build up which is normally 3-4 weeks after their first jab. I believe that is one of the main reasons why scientists in England recommended school returns from 8 March. However if there are sound scientific reasons for returning earlier in Wales then so be it as long as the WG are not following a strategy of simply wanting to be different to England in order to emphasise their independence.

I understand that but many of those that have received their jabs won't have gained immunity by 22 February as they won't have had time for their resistance to COVID to build up which is normally 3-4 weeks after their first jab. I believe that is one of the main reasons why scientists in England recommended school returns from 8 March. However if there are sound scientific reasons for returning earlier in Wales then so be it as long as the WG are not following a strategy of simply wanting to be different to England in order to emphasise their independence.
    I think the idea is for primary key stage 1 first, then 2, then if all goes well on to secondary pupils who seemed to transmit it a lot more than the young ones did. Didnt have a single case in my kids primary, only know one primary that did and that was caused by a teachers assistant I believe.

England is in a worse position than Wales.

Im the other way around I think he will delay a lot of things like opening pubs to the same time as England even though we are in a far better position.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Im the other way around I think he will delay a lot of things like opening pubs to the same time as England even though we are in a far better position.
    Well spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

That comes as a surprise. However, this comparison here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55302591

shows Wales is performing far worse on every performance indicator and not far better as you indicate but if you have any statistical evidence to verify your view then I would like to see it.

Wales total - 126.5 (Down from127.1) if you takeout the high levels in the north we are almost under 100......

shows Wales is performing far worse on every performance indicator and not far better as you indicate but if you have any statistical evidence to verify your view then I would like to see it.
    A lot has changed since that interview in December.
    https://twitter.com/GillibrandPeter/...370170880?s=19

Heisenberg

Did you just post something from over a month ago to show how Wales is performing now?

We've started a lockdown and had a vaccine being rolled out since that article FFS

According to this statistical evidence for the seven days to 29th January 2021, every Welsh county was recording positive covid tests at a rate below the UK average.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Did you just post something from over a month ago to show how Wales is performing now?

We've started a lockdown and had a vaccine being rolled out since that article FFS
    From pretty much the only point in the whole pandemic that we were higher than England as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

14th December so basically 2 months ago!

Some effort to try and make a point

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    14th December so basically 2 months ago!

Some effort to try and make a point
    he'll be back soon with some statistics from the Spanish flu outbreak that are going to completely devastate you

Its now the 4th February. We are at rates last seen in October.

We are in a better place than England.

The way things are heading we could be under 100/100000 by the next review.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    According to this statistical evidence for the seven days to 29th January 2021, every Welsh county was recording positive covid tests at a rate below the UK average.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
    Do you have any older evidence to back that up though... Perhaps a cave painting?

Why are Wales only celebrating new year's eve now? England started 2021 almost 6 weeks ago!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-55192786