+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Me and my missus are getting married on 5th April 25 yews to the day we first met in a nightclub. It’s a registry office affair with just our kids present because we have both had previous white weddings. We had hoped to go for a nice meal afterwards but everywhere will be closed. Every cloud though ad it means I will, get to watch Reading v Derby on iFollow. True romance if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Me and my missus are getting married on 5th April 25 yews to the day we first met in a nightclub. It’s a registry office affair with just our kids present because we have both had previous white weddings. We had hoped to go for a nice meal afterwards but everywhere will be closed. Every cloud though ad it means I will, get to watch Reading v Derby on iFollow. True romance if you ask me.
    Congratulations.

Pity about Reading v Derby though.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Congratulations.

Pity about Reading v Derby though.��

Businesses already struggling. What chance when this sort of thing happens.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...ssion-20049099

"She said she searched the council’s planning guidelines ahead of building the decking and accidentally followed the rules for residential buildings rather than commercial properties"

From the photo featured, if I owned the property next door, I wouldn't be too happy.

I'm all for people having a go, entrepreneurs supplying something different, but rules are put in place for a reason.

why is this even a story?
    they ****ed up and have been asked to retrospectively apply for planning permission, which of course they should.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why is this even a story?
    they ****ed up and have been asked to retrospectively apply for planning permission, which of course they should.
    They've gone on the attack, haven't they?

"We're not tearing it down!" - nobody has told them to

"We paid for it all ourselves!" - the only reason this came to the attention of the council is because they were applying for retrospective funding for it.

Bizarre reading.

Ah, the old "nobodys filled my back pocket" routine

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They've gone on the attack, haven't they?

"We're not tearing it down!" - nobody has told them to

"We paid for it all ourselves!" - the only reason this came to the attention of the council is because they were applying for retrospective funding for it.

Bizarre reading.
    There are a few other things to consider as well. That decking can end up like an ice rink if it's the wrong (cheap) material, also, it's elevated, which means that it would have to be built to a specification with some basic calcs-Live load (that's us humans) and dead load (furniture fittings etc) Guard rails for kids, a business can't just knock up a structure and not consider the implications of safety, that may sound like bullshit to those that hate health and safety. the local authority etc, although they wouldn't be best pleased if the structure collapsed or their kid went through a gap in the guard rail. All the council want is retrospective, a few structural improvements may be asked of them.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There are a few other things to consider as well. That decking can end up like an ice rink if it's the wrong (cheap) material, also, it's elevated, which means that it would have to be built to a specification with some basic calcs-Live load (that's us humans) and dead load (furniture fittings etc) Guard rails for kids, a business can't just knock up a structure and not consider the implications of safety, that may sound like bullshit to those that hate health and safety. the local authority etc, although they wouldn't be best pleased if the structure collapsed or their kid went through a gap in the guard rail. All the council want is retrospective, a few structural improvements may be asked of them.
    I hadn't considered a lot of that (mainly because I don't have a clue about things like that in general)... But surely it doesn't matter?

They paid for it themselves! That's the key thing to take away from this.

Yeah, that's why there's a maximum capacity with certain buildings be etc. People may think that it's just fire regs, but weight on the floor, especially if it's an old wooden beam structure has to be taken into account. Boring but true!

Heisenberg

Yeah, that's why there's a maximum capacity with certain buildings be etc. People may think that it's just fire regs, but weight on the floor, especially if it's an old wooden beam structure has to be taken into account. Boring but true!
    So what you're suggesting is that we should go there once lockdown ends, get ourselves a very minor injury caused by the decking and sue the bastards for something far more severe that could have been realistically caused by workmanship that hadn't been approved for it's intended purpose?

Bit convultuted perhaps, but I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So what you're suggesting is that we should go there once lockdown ends, get ourselves a very minor injury caused by the decking and sue the bastards for something far more severe that could have been realistically caused by workmanship that hadn't been approved for it's intended purpose?

Bit convultuted perhaps, but I like your style.
    Yup, and I could go on Facebook and post a picture (amongst my many posts and pictures slagging political correctness, health and safety, the world's gone mad etc) of my injury, name said business and owners, call them money grabbing scum, tell everyone what a terrible year I've had, and that the incident occurred on the same day that my bestie died 10 years ago, and top it off by wanting to know what the **** the council are going to do about it.

👍Fair enough.

��Fair enough.
    It wont be anything to drastic in my opinion. Disabled access has to be included as well.

First post in this thread was 10-03-20, 11:36.

Not just the Real Madrid game anniversary yesterday...

Heisenberg

Yup, and I could go on Facebook and post a picture (amongst my many posts and pictures slagging political correctness, health and safety, the world's gone mad etc) of my injury, name said business and owners, call them money grabbing scum, tell everyone what a terrible year I've had, and that the incident occurred on the same day that my bestie died 10 years ago, and top it off by wanting to know what the **** the council are going to do about it.
    See you in a few weeks then

It wont be anything to drastic in my opinion. Disabled access has to be included as well.
    Disabled access would prevent entry, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Disabled access would prevent entry, of course.
    Wheelchair access.

No cause for concern, it's only a "rag";-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...im-alex-bourne

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It's as bent as it comes, yet plenty of people don't give a shit.At best, nepotism, at worst, corruption. Problem is that people don't seem to mind, they'd be more outraged if Simon cowell was caught out rigging X factor votes, and I'm 100% serious about that. Boris does what he likes and he's portrayed as a bit of a 'lad' cretins get what they deserve, sad thing is that these corrupt arseholes keep getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

A newspaper with a better reputation, The Daily Telegraph says today that Track and Trace has cost the equivalent of £600 for each person in the UK.

Beggars belief

newspaper with a better reputation, The Daily Telegraph

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    A newspaper with a better reputation, The Daily Telegraph says today that Track and Trace has cost the equivalent of £600 for each person in the UK.

Beggars belief
    yep, £600 for every man woman and child and it has achieved nothing.

a lot more if you only consider people who are working age only.

questions need to be asked on how it became so expensive - where has the money gone?
    other countries have implemented solutions that work for a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yep, £600 for every man woman and child and it has achieved nothing.

a lot more if you only consider people who are working age only.

questions need to be asked on how it became so expensive - where has the money gone?
    other countries have implemented solutions that work for a fraction of the cost.
    The testing side of things seems to have worked reasonably well; although it didn't really stand up well enough in worst of second wave over winter (how much of this could be expected and accepted due to surge in cases? And how much of that was caused by UK government's wider strategy rather than issues with testing system?), there has been error in how UK government has pushed itself into devolved nations without communication and such high costs probably not needed without ten years of what is actually cuts to health service budget.

The tracing side of things, well, local testing seems to have been at least 10x as effective.

Circa 85% of what has been spent is on the testing part of test and trace. The bit we're presumably happier with.