+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I can honestly say that I have never had a headache in my life. When it has come up in conversation (and not in a boastful way) with friends over the years they think I am extremely unusual. Just how rare is it, I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That would make more sense if the announcement of unlimited travel in Wales and a reopening of some hotels was announced late tonight for a Saturday start - as it is, it's hardly been done at "the very last minute".

Anyway, making big announcements late in the day seems to be what Governments in the UK do these days - there have been plenty of times in the last year or more when I've watched Newsnight and they're discussing something that had only just been announced in the last few minutes by Johnson's mob.
    I disagree with you on this. take a hotel in Wales, Drakeford gives 36 hours notice that it can open. It needs to get staff together, possibly off furlough, get stock of food in, heat and clean the building, taking bookings etc

Same with Caravan sites. They have been taking a chance by getting staff in the grounds ready ahead of Drakeford's announcement, getting the grounds tidy, etc

There is no reason on earth why he should leave these important decisions for Welsh business until the last minute. You and I look at the daily Covid data and we can see the trends as well as Drakeford. He has a total disregard for business.

A decision on hospitality is being made on 22/4. For pubs it may take weeks to get ready. Not just the staff , breweries need to prepare the supplies.

Johnson is just completely useless but Drakeford seems over cautious and stubborn in these last minute decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can honestly say that I have never had a headache in my life. When it has come up in conversation (and not in a boastful way) with friends over the years they think I am extremely unusual. Just how rare is it, I wonder...
    Me neither but for the last two weeks I’ve had heavy ones periodically....no other symptoms bar sneezing a bit. Well weird. Just found out that headaches can be a symptom of covid....

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I disagree with you on this. take a hotel in Wales, Drakeford gives 36 hours notice that it can open. It needs to get staff together, possibly off furlough, get stock of food in, heat and clean the building, taking bookings etc

Same with Caravan sites. They have been taking a chance by getting staff in the grounds ready ahead of Drakeford's announcement, getting the grounds tidy, etc

There is no reason on earth why he should leave these important decisions for Welsh business until the last minute. You and I look at the daily Covid data and we can see the trends as well as Drakeford. He has a total disregard for business.
    He has a rich uncle. Never had to worry about the economy, never will. Welsh business, hospitality, industry, they're all crying out for better access into Wales. So what does Drakeford do ? Stop the M4 relief road in favour of a few extra train stops along the way where you can hop on a bus to your destination. When Johnson says Wales needs this and he will impose it as part of a UK wide strategy, Drakeford tells him to 'mind his own business and keep out of Welsh affairs'. Remember that when your queuing from the Magor services all the way to Cardiff & beyond..

following my post last week I had the lateral flow covid test done on Monday morning in England which proved to be a negative result . These tests are for people who work who show no signs of covid or if people have general headaches and colds and are worried about having covid . You only have to wait 45 minutes for a result too and they send it via text

why can't we have these type of tests done in Wales yet you can in England ? . It's put my mind at rest as I had a bad headache last week too

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    following my post last week I had the lateral flow covid test done on Monday morning in England which proved to be a negative result . These tests are for people who work who show no signs of covid or if people have general headaches and colds and are worried about having covid . You only have to wait 45 minutes for a result too and they send it via text

why can't we have these type of tests done in Wales yet you can in England ? . It's put my mind at rest as I had a bad headache last week too
    Headaches could just be lockdown fatigue I guess, this winter has been a long tough one for many people.

Do you want me to grab you a few and post them to you, just incase you need them again ? ? ?

You can get them in Wales.

My wife gets one done everytime she goes to visit her mother in a care home. My Daughter has them at home and takes one twice a week for school.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Do you want me to grab you a few and post them to you, just incase you need them again ? ? ?
    thanks for your kind offer sir but I will use the place i know now over the border and will get tested every 4 weeks from now on in

Hilts I think thats a different kind of test . I rang the number as mentioned before and there are no places in Wales that offer the lateral covid tests . I can only go on what they tell me

thanks for your kind offer sir but I will use the place i know now over the border and will get tested every 4 weeks from now on in
    if you ever get stuck, just fire me over a message, only too glad to help if i can

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wife’s had the same, standard for Pfizer anyway. Can get short of breath too and just feel like shit for 48 hrs.
    I had the Oxford.
    Headache doesn't seem as strong today as its been previously. Maybe I'm just getting used to it

so getting back on track on this a year later lots of speculative assumptions on the origins of corona virus this chap thinks it was a lab job in his 'opinion'

https://www.axios.com/wuhan-lab-coro...t=health-covid

so man made or a wet market bat eating person responsible ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    When i had Covid in Nov, the headaches were the worse i have every experienced, never stopped for 6 days, i mean massive headaches, day and night, i was still getting them 3 weeks on ( not constant though ) it appears its a side effect of the vaccine aswell
    Very interested to read your post. I very rarely get headaches but back in January I had a headache that lasted for about 2 weeks and I was beginning to get worried. I had a telephone consultation with the GP and he arranged for blood tests. These were all clear so he arranged a CT scan. Again all clear. I asked the question could it be COVID? Because I didn't have the high temperature, cough or loss of taste/smell symptoms apparently I did not qualify for a COVID test so I guess I will never know!

gofer blue exactly what i was pin pointing

I had to go to england to get a test done if you show no signs of symptons to get a lateral covid test done even if you have just a headache or no sign of symptons . Its mind boggling the welsh government don't do this . In england they have walk in medical centres which we don't have either .

gofer blue exactly what i was pin pointing

I had to go to england to get a test done if you show no signs of symptons to get a lateral covid test done even if you have just a headache or no sign of symptons . Its mind boggling the welsh government don't do this . In england they have walk in medical centres which we don't have either .
    They do have these in Wales.

There is one in Pontypridd at the moment. Clearly not well publicised but they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    They do have these in Wales.

There is one in Pontypridd at the moment. Clearly not well publicised but they are available.
    i am not doubting you but the kind lady at the end of a phone call told me none available in wales and pin pointed locations in England that do it . As I work in 3 different locations I took what was on offer last Monday in North London,ish

Maybe care workers or key workers get this in Wales only ?

i am not doubting you but the kind lady at the end of a phone call told me none available in wales and pin pointed locations in England that do it . As I work in 3 different locations I took what was on offer last Monday in North London,ish

Maybe care workers or key workers get this in Wales only ?
    https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Residen...sstesting.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    thanks for that . thats the type of structure they use over the border

those places not registered on the 119 number maybe another cock up between the england and wales government

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Interesting yet I bet we won’t hear a peep about it in most of the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If it's true of course

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If it is a load of junk probably not.

Presumably the National Audit office will have something to say if any of it is true.

Or are Government Audits done by blokes on twitter these days?

Tory defence squad to the rescue! I voted for them so have to defend everything they do 🎺

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    yet if it had been Corbyn it would have been open season