+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I hope you wear medical grade ones and replace after each use ��
    Why do they have to be medical grade?

The WHO say

"Non-medical, fabric masks can be used by the general public under the age of 60 and who do not have underlying health conditions."

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Why do they have to be medical grade?

The WHO say

"Non-medical, fabric masks can be used by the general public under the age of 60 and who do not have underlying health conditions."
    Masks are supposed to protect others , aren’t they?
    So how do you know for certain the age of the person you are near to , or more importantly , how do you know that person has no underlying health condition, who could be any age.

I would be more comfortable wearing a medical grade one on that basis

International

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Try Nature instead. There's absolutely zero doubt that SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19 spreads through three main routes: inhalation of droplets suspended in the air, direct deposition of droplets on mucous membranes, and the carriage of virus particles from contaminated surfaces to the mucous membranes.

Meanwhile, in the real world, this stuff will keep happening with uninformed opinions Rightwing radio host and anti-vaxxer dies of Covid

Dissing the Scientific community is dangerous and counterproductive. We owe our lives to these people. We've had the same problems with climate change and just look where that's getting us. We all saw the Bluebirds who died from Covid on Saturday and they're haunting images.
    I must hand it to you, you're brilliant. You worked out with absolutely zero doubt what all the scientistss with the programmes test and everything else haven't been able to do. You should write to them and tell them where they've been going wrong.
    You are brillinat.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I must hand it to you, you're brilliant. You worked out with absolutely zero doubt what all the scientistss with the programmes test and everything else haven't been able to do. You should write to them and tell them where they've been going wrong.
    You are brillinat.
    To be fair, the article you linked to says as much:

“The whole field is plagued by poor quality studies, by ideology-driven sweeping statements that cannot be backed up by science,” said Professor Tom Jefferson, of Oxford University, one of the authors on the review. “How does it transmit? Most likely droplets and contact.”

Weird that you'd get passive aggressive with someone when you apparently didn't even read the bloody thing yourself.

EDIT: Jefferson is also an idiot, for what it's worth

"His theory was Covid-19 may simply have lain dormant for years before suddenly emerging. As an example of this possibility, he pointed to the isolation of Western Samoa, which lost 22% of its population to Spanish flu in 1918, and claimed the islands had no contact with the outside world. However, it is well documented that Spanish flu arrived in Samoa on board the SS Talune on 7 November, 1918, when six infected passengers from New Zealand were allowed ashore."

You are brillinat.
    Why xsnaggle, thank you for the compliment. How's it going? Hope you have a great day, stay cool, hypertension is not good. The Omron's are pretty reasonably priced and I find they can help monitor which posts to safely reply to. As you can probably tell, I've just taken my 10mg of Ramipril and 0.5mg of Prazosin and mine is 120/80 mmHg which I'm cool with as I could do with losing a few kilos. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

“The whole field is plagued by poor quality studies, by ideology-driven sweeping statements that cannot be backed up by science,” said Professor Tom Jefferson, of Oxford University, one of the authors on the review. “How does it transmit? Most likely droplets and contact.”

Weird that you'd get passive aggressive with someone when you apparently didn't even read the bloody thing yourself.

"His theory was Covid-19 may simply have lain dormant for years before suddenly emerging. As an example of this possibility, he pointed to the isolation of Western Samoa, which lost 22% of its population to Spanish flu in 1918, and claimed the islands had no contact with the outside world. However, it is well documented that Spanish flu arrived in Samoa on board the SS Talune on 7 November, 1918, when six infected passengers from New Zealand were allowed ashore."
    For me, the discussion should centre around scientific journals with credibility as opposed to an ideologically driven newspaper opinion piece that is very selective about the information it publishes. And yes, full disclosure, I hate The Telegraph. It's a climate-change-denying employer of Boris Johnson. Why on earth would I believe anything in it?

Yes, Jefferson got that one spectacularly wrong.

More full disclosure. I worked with Oxford University back in the late 90s on a couple of pharmacological studies they were funding. This was well before forced early retirement due to Multiple Sclerosis. I now work on game development (I re-skilled and re-purposed my development skills into setting up something I loved doing as a hobby). I found it really difficult because there was a massive clash between academia and commercial development thinking. I was glad when the collaboration ended.

International

Why xsnaggle, thank you for the compliment. How's it going? Hope you have a great day, stay cool, hypertension is not good. The Omron's are pretty reasonably priced and I find they can help monitor which posts to safely reply to. As you can probably tell, I've just taken my 10mg of Ramipril and 0.5mg of Prazosin and mine is 120/80 mmHg which I'm cool with as I could do with losing a few kilos. Stay safe.
    Another keyboard bully who tries to show the other person is stressed . It's an old trick and it doesn't work with me. You can stuff your hyprtention up your arse and let it chat to your brain Sad keyboard warrior loser

International

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

So you use jeffersons finding to defend citizen with one brearh and with the next you claim he is an idiot. BRILLIANT.

Another keyboard bully who tries to show the other person is stressed . It's an old trick and it doesn't work with me. You can stuff your hyprtention up your arse and let it chat to your brain Sad keyboard warrior loser
    FFS calm it down. You’re sounding like a raving lunatic. Go and talk your anger issues with some CBT and please stop bothering me.

International

FFS calm it down. You’re sounding like a raving lunatic. Go and talk your anger issues with some CBT and please stop bothering me.

there you go again with you "anger issues" comment suggesting you are perfectly OK but the other guy needs to see a pychotherapusist. It's bullying bullshit and you know it.
    And by the way I'm not angry and I'm a long way rom a raving lunatic. Try your bullshit on someone else.

there you go again with you "anger issues" comment suggesting you are perfectly OK but the other guy needs to see a pychotherapusist. It's bullying bullshit and you know it.
    And by the way I'm not angry and I'm a long way rom a raving lunatic. Try your bullshit on someone else.
    Wetherspoon's should be open by now ffs.

You keep mentioning bullying and I really can't help seeing this as projection. I'm certainly not perfectly OK. Far from it and would never presume to suggest that. You do have anger issues and every time you're challenged you get angry whilst protesting you're not. Just get someone to read your posts back to you and give you feedback.

I have had and will have tons of psychotherapy. I can highly recommend it. I know that my posts can sometimes read in a very patronising way - but I explained to you when I first started posting here that I struggle because of severe brain damage (which is why your recent comment was in such poor taste). I hardly use a keyboard because I can't type so use assisted tech. and agonizingly pour over each post because they take so much effort and which has now created a level of OCD.

I spend time trying to help people on here with tech issues, support for mental health, anything really I feel I can help with, If I f*ck up I'll apologise. None of this stuff is the behaviour of a bully is it? Think about this. Even what I'm putting the energy into now, isn't. Think about it.

When I first came on the board I was like a kid in a candy store. I hadn't communicated to strangers online for 10 years, I explained this to you. But only after you'd followed me around on this board in a scarily trolling way to make snide comments and unwelcome/unfriendly comments to other posters about me. You very nearly succeeded in hounding me off. But I'm the bully?

I was really badly affected by it. Fot all kinds of reasons. But I came back and I've tried to build bridges but still you attack me. Why? I think you've got this one wrong xsnaggle and whatever is going on isn't about me or what I say but it's about something else going on.

You're going to have to deal with it. It's painful stuff but it's worth it because I guarantee you're knocking years off your life expectancy by getting this worked up.

I'm a Trekkie. Huge fan. So I genuinely mean it when I say 'Live long and prosper'.

International

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5213519]You keep mentioning bullying and I really can't help seeing this as projection. I'm certainly not perfectly OK. Far from it and would never presume to suggest that. You do have anger issues and every time you're challenged you get angry whilst protesting you're not. Just get someone to read your posts back to you and give you feedback.

I have had and will have tons of psychotherapy. I can highly recommend it. I know that my posts can sometimes read in a very patronising way - but I explained to you when I first started posting here that I struggle because of severe brain damage (which is why your recent comment was in such poor taste). I hardly use a keyboard because I can't type so use assisted tech. and agonizingly pour over each post because they take so much effort and which has now created a level of OCD.

I spend time trying to help people on here with tech issues, support for mental health, anything really I feel I can help with, If I f*ck up I'll apologise. None of this stuff is the behaviour of a bully is it? Think about this. Even what I'm putting the energy into now, isn't. Think about it.

When I first came on the board I was like a kid in a candy store. I hadn't communicated to strangers online for 10 years, I explained this to you. But only after you'd followed me around on this board in a scarily trolling way to make snide comments and unwelcome/unfriendly comments to other posters about me. You very nearly succeeded in hounding me off. But I'm the bully?

I was really badly affected by it. Fot all kinds of reasons. But I came back and I've tried to build bridges but still you attack me. Why? I think you've got this one wrong xsnaggle and whatever is going on isn't about me or what I say but it's about something else going on.

You're going to have to deal with it. It's painful stuff but it's worth it because I guarantee you're knocking years off your life expectancy by getting this worked up.

I'm a Trekkie. Huge fan. So I genuinely mean it when I say 'Live long and prosper'.[/QUOTE

You're b oring me now, I'n not even going to try to read all that crap. I did notice 1 comment though, about foloowing you round and trolling you, I've never done that to anyone and you will struggle to demonstrate it, unless of course you are jirga as well, under another of his 20+ names on here.
    Go away and leave me alone, there's a good boy.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5213580]
    You keep mentioning bullying and I really can't help seeing this as projection. I'm certainly not perfectly OK. Far from it and would never presume to suggest that. You do have anger issues and every time you're challenged you get angry whilst protesting you're not. Just get someone to read your posts back to you and give you feedback.

I'm a Trekkie. Huge fan. So I genuinely mean it when I say 'Live long and prosper'.[/QUOTE

You're b oring me now, I'n not even going to try to read all that crap. I did notice 1 comment though, about foloowing you round and trolling you, I've never done that to anyone and you will struggle to demonstrate it, unless of course you are jirga as well, under another of his 20+ names on here.
    You're beyond help and the courtesy of civility. You're ranting and I now have zero idea what you're on about so I'm adding paranoia to your long list of issues. I also think that you may have an issue with disabled people and enjoy kicking them (albeit verbally on a message board). I'm going nowhere. But I will leave you alone - which is ironic - considering I'm just defending myself from the person who started picking on me first.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5213580]

I think that you need to leave him alone as well.

Just wanted to say to everyone that I apologise for hijacking this thread to deal with some issues but in my position and the life I lead I'm always going to have to defend myself for my own self-esteem otherwise the mental health fallout can be crushing. I'm drawing a line under this and am not looking for any dialogue but felt I wanted and needed to say something. *signing out of this thread*

Just wanted to say to everyone that I apologise for hijacking this thread to deal with some issues but in my position and the life I lead I'm always going to have to defend myself for my own self-esteem otherwise the mental health fallout can be crushing. I'm drawing a line under this and am not looking for any dialogue but felt I wanted and needed to say something. *signing out of this thread*
    Shit, sorry mate, the reply i sent to you was meant for Xsnaggle. I don't want to get involved in any nonsense, but just to say that i enjoy what you post, football and other stuff, you come across as a decent bloke, sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Shit, sorry mate, the reply i sent to you was meant for Xsnaggle. I don't want to get involved in any nonsense, but just to say that i enjoy what you post, football and other stuff, you come across as a decent bloke, sorry for the confusion
    No worries. I knew what had happened (I read fluent HTML!) and thanks. No, I don't blame you, stay well clear! Appreciated.

Never take anything that seriously on this board mate, it’s just people’s opinions and they all tend to be different. It can be hard sometimes I guess after 20 yrs of posting without changing my username I reckon I’m immune to almost anything anyone says on here….:

First Team

No worries. I knew what had happened (I read fluent HTML!) and thanks. No, I don't blame you, stay well clear! Appreciated.
    Yeah, keep posting whatever you like.

Don't be put off by the guy (not) from Azerbaijan.

He'll be calling you a "keyboard warrior" at some point.

It's an internet message board: everyone needs to remember that from time-to-time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Yeah, keep posting whatever you like.

Don't be put off by the guy (not) from Azerbaijan.

He'll be calling you a "keyboard warrior" at some point.

It's an internet message board: everyone needs to remember that from time-to-time.
    I love the waay you keep metioning not from azerbaijan as if its a big secret. Everyone knows I don't live there any more. Is it all you can find to dig iat. Another saddo.
    But you're late, I expected you to weigh in a while ago.

You were kind to me last week.
    I’d like to return the favour and wish you all the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, Citizen’s Nephew has been a good addition to the board and I enjoy reading his stuff - also, my admiration for him has increased having read about his personal circumstances. Dunno what the argument between him and xsnaggle is all about, but the latter’s response at 14.51 comes over really poorly if you read the message he’s replying to.

Re: Coronavirus update

Might be interesting to note what England was in terms of vaccines on 19th of July (87.5% first doses and 68.2% second doses) and update with Wales on, fingers crossed, 7th of August and Scotland on 9th of August. Will be interesting to see if higher vaccines percentages will prevent "pingdemic" happening.
    Wales has single jabbed 90.7% of adults and double jabbed 83.1% of adults by the 7th of August.

Scotland has single jabbed 90.8% of adults and double jabbed 75.6% of adults by the 9th of August.